Things you couldn't live without.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's difficult to figure out what you couldn't live without until you actually have to live without it, as we take so much stuff for granted.

If we take running water, food, heating, shelter, and power as a given, I'd say there's nothing I couldn't live without.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It's difficult to figure out what you couldn't live without until you actually have to live without it, as we take so much stuff for granted.

If we take running water, food, heating, shelter, and power as a given, I'd say there's nothing I couldn't live without.
You forgot Oxygen.

You're being way to technical here, holy crap.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Cast iron pan
Merkur DE safety razor
Smart TV with streaming capabilities
Smartphone
Sandwich griddle

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've been trying to think of something for a while that I really couldn't live without, but I just can't come up with anything.

I've lived for weeks without hot water (in winter, no less), been places where electricity would go out randomly for days at a time, lived more than 4 months without access to the Internet, gone a full month without a cell phone, and I've never really accumulated any beloved possessions/appliances/tools. None of these were fun, but it certainly wasn't the end of my world and in each of these situations I found other ways of getting enjoyment out of life.

I guess I'd have to go with my cell phone. Not even counting apps/internet access/camera, I have just become too accustomed to having instant communication with anyone, anywhere. It felt really weird to not have a cell phone for the month I did it...I found myself often reaching for my phone to send a text or call someone before realizing that I couldn't do that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cable Internet - self-explanatory. I remember playing Command and Conquer Red Alertover tcp/ip and it sucked ass. I remember getting Roadrunner internet and turning on Diablo 2 and feeling so amazed. I can't believe some people still need to use dial-up.
I've been out of the IT field for a few years, but what the fuck? What protocol is your cable company using?

silverflame_sl

shitlord
Random Internet. When I was younger I figured my books and movies would be enough for all my entertainment needs. But as you read more and watch more things start to become the same. Randomness has the good and the bad so you never get bored.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
I'd have to go with Internet also. I've gotten so used to shopping, banking, reading, etc. that I'd miss the convenience terribly.