Millie's Staff Member
Tone the drama queen down a notch
too late!
iu

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The humour of the goats lasted about 2 minutes, then it just became an overplayed, weak joke.
the goat gag should have only been for one scene, it was good for a chuckle, but honestly they could have given Thor a 1975 Ford Pinto and it would had the same effect. but they kept milking the goats for the entire movie. it just felt like they were throwing shit out there to see what sticked. you can tell that Watiti didnt want to even make this film. was he unable to say no? if they backed the money truck up to his house, then ok, but at least try to make it work.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If they had just saved the goat scream gag for when they hit the planet, it would have been one of the memorable highlights of the movie. Instead it is discussed in a negative light, because they just kept screaming.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yall just hate taylor swift's music.

Taylor-Swift-Goat-Edition-of-I-knew-you-were-trouble-vi1.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The goats were the best animals ever in any romcom. Prove me wrong.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This movie was fucking garbage. As I expected, Taika Waititi was so far up his own ass he couldn't tell he completely ruined the tone of the movie with his "jokes."

Even the fight choreography and execution was worse than previous films. And the music selection and usage/execution missed the mark pretty badly as well. There really is nothing at all in here I'd like to see again. Coming from someone who's watched Ragnarok ~7 times.

• 3Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what to say, if you don't find stage 4 cancer funny I don't know what will make you laugh.

I'm honestly astonished he managed to ruin the rest of the movie, not just the cancer scenes. The entire thing is just completely un-serious, and it suffers greatly for it.

I'm thinking Ragnarok was a complete lightning-in-a-bottle accident.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
People are hating on Taika which I get. But I wanna know how much the studio fucked this up too, or made him do certain things. I like almost everything hes done, and this was by miles the worst.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People are hating on Taika which I get. But I wanna know how much the studio fucked this up too, or made him do certain things. I like almost everything hes done, and this was by miles the worst.

Probably the WoW effect. Every MMO funder since WoW wants a WoW clone.

The studio wanted another Ragnarok but make it funnier and make the villian more powerful (and funnier).

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I just think this is what you get with fully unleashed Taika. I don't think this is studio/producer.

It works in a movie like Free Guy, but that same complete nonsense tone doesn't translate well to Thor.

• 1Like