Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I think they mentioned a long time ago they were planning on doing it with Dr Strange and Thor and talked about Strange meeting up with the Guadians. This looked straight out of GoTG

View attachment 130935

Isn't that more or less a Kirby induced chicken-or-the-egg kind of situation though? Guardians made it to movie form first, and he influenced the look of that in the source material, but Doctor Strange was all Kirby dialed up to 11 in the comics. So for it to pay homage to it's origins it would naturally end up having similarities to GoTG, in which James Gunn did the same in terms of visuals.

Last edited:

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thor 2 should have had Enchantress and Scurge and not that terrible villain. Hopefully this isnt the only movie hes going to be in. The early photo's made the characters look pretty shitty but they nailed everyone from the looks of the trailer, I think the only thing that bothers me is how armor is plastic looking like his helmet

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
In the recent "Unworthy Thor", 5, it's shown that Hella is willing to get it on with Thanos. And since Hela commands Hel, she's basically death, and we all know Thanos' hard on for Lady Death.

So most likely in Infinity Wars Thanos' hard-on will be for Hela, not Lady Death.

So Hela probably is a cosmic entity.

uw1.jpg

uw2.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Guys, this movie has made Marvel history, have you heard?

It's the FIRST MARVEL MOVIE IN HISTORY WITH A LEAD FEMALE ACTOR OMG.

This is exciting news, isn't it guys? MOVIE HISTORY HAS BEEN MADE. I'm at the edge of my seat, this is just fantastic.

Who gives a fucking fuck? Jesus fucking Christ I hate people who write news articles like that. NOBODY REALLY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT WORLD FIRSTS LIKE THAT.

Xevy

Log Wizard

This is exciting news, isn't it guys? MOVIE HISTORY HAS BEEN MADE. I'm at the edge of my seat, this is just fantastic.

Who gives a fucking fuck? Jesus fucking Christ I hate people who write news articles like that. NOBODY REALLY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT WORLD FIRSTS LIKE THAT.

By all means, then bring it up to all of us. Now I get to hear for 3 pages about how SJW's raped Thor from these neckbeard autists. Fuck you, dude.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I haven't read many articles about the movie and I didn't doubt that several someones would write one pointing it out but this is literally the first time I've seen it mentioned.

So yeah, well done.

Chris

Potato del Grande

What the fuck are you talking about?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Some EsJayDubb writers are criticizing Marvel for not having a strong female villain yet, and also for not having a strong female as a primary character. This movie is their golden child, for some reason. They kind of gloss over Black Widow and Gamora by claiming they are not "leads." Or augmented Pepper Pots stomping face. I feel like they don't know how movies work, and that Hela in this movie isn't going to get 75% or even 51% of the screen time. I'm just waiting by the reviews, written by female EsJayDubbers, that call the entire endeavor misogynistic because the woman was the bad guy. It is very clear that the crazies are simply not on the same crazy page these days.

Cognitive dissonance much?

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Some EsJayDubb writers are criticizing Marvel for not having a strong female villain yet, and also for not having a strong female as a primary character. This movie is their golden child, for some reason. They kind of gloss over Black Widow and Gamora by claiming they are not "leads." Or augmented Pepper Pots stomping face. I feel like they don't know how movies work, and that Hela in this movie isn't going to get 75% or even 51% of the screen time. I'm just waiting by the reviews, written by female EsJayDubbers, that call the entire endeavor misogynistic because the woman was the bad guy. It is very clear that the crazies are simply not on the same crazy page these days.

Cognitive dissonance much?

?

Two persons holding different opinions isn't cognitive dissonance. it's just two individuals holding different opinions.

Cognitive dissonance is when a single person holds inherently contradictory and irreconcilable positions.

For example: A US conservative who claims to value individualism, yet continuously perceives and describes the world through some sort of collectivist/communist lens of "the left", "the muslims", "the media", "the democrats", "the immigrants", "the blacks", etc.. instead of attributing action, opinion and dispositions to individuals as their creed, at face value, claims it does.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I thought Hela in the trailer was Claire Forlani. Now that I know it is Cate Blanchett I wish it was Claire Forlani.

• 2Like

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I've always had a crush for Kate Blanchett. I'm happy.

One day she and I will meet on the street. She will see me and we will make eye contact. She raises her hand towards me.....and hails the taxi she was looking at behind me. I go home and masturbate.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've always had a crush for Kate Blanchett. I'm happy.

One day she and I will meet on the street. She will see me and we will make eye contact. She raises her hand towards me.....and hails the taxi she was looking at behind me. I go home and masturbate.

While screaming "GALADRIELLLLL"

• 2Like

rad

Lord of Guk
?

Two persons holding different opinions isn't cognitive dissonance. it's just two individuals holding different opinions.

Cognitive dissonance is when a single person holds inherently contradictory and irreconcilable positions.

For example: A US conservative who claims to value individualism, yet continuously perceives and describes the world through some sort of collectivist/communist lens of "the left", "the muslims", "the media", "the democrats", "the immigrants", "the blacks", etc.. instead of attributing action, opinion and dispositions to individuals as their creed, at face value, claims it does.

Ah ok, so its more akin to modern day liberals, feminists, and LGBTQ marching on behalf of islamophobia? A system of belief that for some reason is exempt from criticism but opposes all modern liberties that directly affect these groups, we talkin about that type of cognitive dissonance?

Just want to make sure I understand, don't want to engage in labeling of course.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Take your faggoty bullshit to politics or the gamergate thread you dumb fucking American Inventors

• 9Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Twilight Sparkle for mod.

Not like the topic came up organically during the Thor conversation or anything. Can we talk about how Hela looks way too badass compared to the entirely random power levels ascribed to the Asgardians?