Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The Dark Tower then, Idris Elba is the gunslinger, the main character, who 'being a cracker' was actually part of the book. It's almost a universally applauded change by major media companies.
black Hiemdall makes a world of difference, since

he and sif are siblings.

They make it a point to show that Hogun (the asian guy) is specifically NOT asgardian, (he's like from some ghengis khan land), Tho also says so in the movies.

However, the one lone black guy, in all of Asgard, sure he's just born that way, we don't have to make up some african only world from the 9 realms, to explain his origin.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
You guys take all this talk to another thread. It's nothing but a derail.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It is, to me anyway, interesting the degree to which Thor's story is almost totally parallel to the rest of the MCU after being so central in Phase 1. Whereas Captain America and Iron Man are deeply entrenched within the big-picture of the Avengers, nearly everything Thor does in Age of Ultron is unrelated to the core plot. He has a side story which largely got cut / migrated to this new film and other than that just serves as window dressing before zapping life into The Vision. Presumably since the Infinity Gem plotlines have been concentrated with Asgard he will be central to the story in the next full Avengers movie...but for now his relevance is limited to being Darryl's roomie.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seriously just make another SJW thread in here, in fact we should just have it in every section of this board so not every thread gets derailed into this shit. Movie threads have been going to shit lately due to the retarded derailing. Apparently people need those play pens setup because not keeping it to the half a dozen general forum threads or SJW thread in PC/Console general is hard.

To help keep this Thor related, even he is tired of the Facebook tier soap boxing.
021.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Seriously just make another SJW thread in here, in fact we should just have it in every section of this board so not every thread gets derailed into this shit. Movie threads have been going to shit lately due to the retarded derailing. Apparently people need those play pens setup because not keeping it to the half a dozen general forum threads or SJW thread in PC/Console general is hard.

To help keep this Thor related, even he is tired of the Facebook tier soap boxing.
View attachment 132540

man, when was the last time Thor was cool? i think in Infinity almost 5 years ago
9rqsz5.png

10lvsci.png
11ftsez.png
12qxsps.png
13dmsqv.png
14s1slq.png

• 2Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

View attachment 132540

I
Care
Not

The world isn't keeping it to some isolated space that doesn't bother people, I have no idea why you'd expect that here. When the entire world changes back to being sane, it will stop. I wouldn't hold your god damn breath though. That said, you can see where I linked the argument to the GG thread when it went truly off the rails--but if Royal wants to discuss the merits of how this shit impacts the actual movie, that's relevant. This isn't going to get better for a while, fellas.

Read any big forum and its the same shit unless its a god damn tyrannical shit hole like Gaf, then its STILL the same shit just in the reverse direction where you have dozens of posts cheer leading it. It doesn't hurt you at all, and at worst sometimes its a couple pages of back and forth discussion, nothing gets 'turned to shit', your hyperbole is fucking ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Whereas Captain America and Iron Man are deeply entrenched within the big-picture of the Avengers, nearly everything Thor does in Age of Ultron is unrelated to the core plot. He has a side story which largely got cut / migrated to this new film and other than that just serves as window dressing before zapping life into The Vision.

His side story getting split off in AoU was because they used the time with the team at Hawkeye's house to develop the characters through mostly quiet, one-on-one interactions and Thor would have been kind of an odd fit there. So sending him off to investigate his vision helped advance that plot point while allowing the down time for the rest of the team to breath a little better (and remember they were also bringing in Fury for that point in the movie as well).

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
His side story getting split off in AoU was because they used the time with the team at Hawkeye's house to develop the characters through mostly quiet, one-on-one interactions and Thor would have been kind of an odd fit there. So sending him off to investigate his vision helped advance that plot point while allowing the down time for the rest of the team to breath a little better (and remember they were also bringing in Fury for that point in the movie as well).

Not to mention, the Hulk can't actually have his own movie under their contract, right? The Hulk HAs to appear in a film that's not named after him and he's not the main character in (I forget the details.) And Thor is the only one that could have a meaningful interaction that Hulk doesn't absolutely trivialize. Him and Thor being their own thing makes sense. They've always been the 'nukes' of the Avengers, the guys who get called in when shit gets bad--everyone else seems like they work together here and there on smaller stuff.

Royal

Not to mention, the Hulk can't actually have his own movie under their contract, right? The Hulk HAs to appear in a film that's not named after him and he's not the main character in (I forget the details.)

Basically. I mean technically they can make a Hulk movie, but they couldn't legally distribute it without giving Universal the chance to distribute it first (which means they would keep the box office revenue for themselves and send Disney a thank you card). But if for some stupid reason Universal took a pass on distributing it, then Disney would be free to do so.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This is probably the one occasion where IP of this magnitude is so completely balkanized across a variety of rights holders. I doubt there will ever be another chunk of fictional intellectual property that is so completed scattered. It is a testimony to the deal makers at Disney that they've managed to handle this so well. If anything the loss of some of the heaviest hitters was actually a creative boon. If Disney had Fantastic Four, Xmen, or Hulk and Spiderman completely in the clear there is no way they would have go to the Guardians of the Galaxy for inspiration.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
avatar, the last air bender...think that scene is from season 3.

edit: day misread that ...thought you were asking where that was from.

Royal

This is probably the one occasion where IP of this magnitude is so completely balkanized across a variety of rights holders. I doubt there will ever be another chunk of fictional intellectual property that is so completed scattered. It is a testimony to the deal makers at Disney that they've managed to handle this so well.

Yes.

Marvel painted itself out of one difficult corner and into another with the various IP rights deals when they were largely just a comic book company. They left themselves in a position of having to lay down aces creatively with their remaining characters on the movie side to pull in large audiences. One of the Collider Heroes panelists always refers to Kevin Feige as "our lord and savior". That's exactly what he has been for Marvel Studios (and for fans as well, because their success has put a lot more characters on the big screen than we otherwise would have gotten).

Xevy

Log Wizard
I just ignored him and added him to the Wooly(RIP), Popsicle, and Uber graveyard.

Annnnnnywho, I sure hope Hulk says "Hulk Smash" and then Thor looks at him, winks, and goes "more like.. HAMMER TIME!" Then they both laugh, cut to credits mid gladiator battle.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Trailer looked good, didnt care much for the prior Thor movies waited for dvd but this looks like a watch in the theatre for me. As for the neckbeard autists on both sides just put them on ignore, their opinions wont be missed if you do, trust me. Makes this place much better and more enjoyable to visit and post.

Fadaar

That guy
Didn't pay to see either Thor movie in the theater but this looks to be a day 1 showing for sure. First one we had a free showing at the base theater. Second one not sure why I didn't go see it, guess it just looked shitty and I didn't feel like paying.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't pay to see either Thor movie in the theater but this looks to be a day 1 showing for sure. First one we had a free showing at the base theater. Second one not sure why I didn't go see it, guess it just looked shitty and I didn't feel like paying.

The second one looked awful from trailers. This one looks like pure win. Will also be my first Thor movie in theaters.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is probably the one occasion where IP of this magnitude is so completely balkanized across a variety of rights holders. I doubt there will ever be another chunk of fictional intellectual property that is so completed scattered. It is a testimony to the deal makers at Disney that they've managed to handle this so well. If anything the loss of some of the heaviest hitters was actually a creative boon. If Disney had Fantastic Four, Xmen, or Hulk and Spiderman completely in the clear there is no way they would have go to the Guardians of the Galaxy for inspiration.

They've managed to make the uninteresting characters interesting. Growing up, every kid in my neighborhood bought Spiderman and X-Men. I was the only one that collected Dr Strange and GotG.