Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
That was my favorite line in any marvel movie. Had me in stitches for some reason

I liked the ‘pull me off’ line too and a few others.

Thought this was the best of the MCU movies in terms of sheer fun. Wasn’t even much tension with the Planet Hulkesque storyline despite Banner possibly never returning. Just fun.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Doesn't like WW for CGI monster fight, praises movie with CGI monster fight.
What CGI monster fight in what movie? I don't remember a DC style monster thing in Marvel.

CGI fights, sure. Nothing as bad as anything in DC (I assume Hulk has one, I haven't seen it).

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
This movie is incredibly re-watchable.

Black Panther, on the other hand, just might be the first MCU movie I rent rather than theater. I'd go see it in the theater if the mood struck, but thus far it hasn't, and no friends/family have had the desire to see it and drag me along.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I will be very interested to see if people who had their introduction to Waititi films with this will end up watching the werewolf sequel to What We Do In the Shadows or will delve into his other films and what their reactions will be? This guy has been throwing rocks in a pebble fight of talent since he started and he just keeps knocking things out of the park

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok just saw it. first impression was TOOOOOO Jokey. Just over saturated with the attempts at lulz. However, I did love Goldblum and the Rock guy. Great fight scenes with Thor and Hulk. Good power up of Thor but man the little electric disk thing was lame. Once or twice ok, I get that it's a plot device. But he's constantly zapped throughout the movie. It just nullified his badass moments.

All said and done easily the best Thor movie.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok just saw it. first impression was TOOOOOO Jokey. Just over saturated with the attempts at lulz. However, I did love Goldblum and the Rock guy. Great fight scenes with Thor and Hulk. Good power up of Thor but man the little electric disk thing was lame. Once or twice ok, I get that it's a plot device. But he's constantly zapped throughout the movie. It just nullified his badass moments.

I mean it was basically live action Kung Fu Panda.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole

Fyi rock guy is played by the director and is probably my favorite character

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I noticed that. He totally nailed it with the voice and look disparity, great delivery, didn't over do it. That was a home run. Same with Goldblum, but I just like him in general.
A lot of the Thor stuff, especially with Banner, was way too try hard. I get not 100% will hit I'm just saying it was too much with the jokes and some of it was really cringe bad.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hahahaha everytime I watch this movie, I like it even more.

This might be my favorite Marvel movie ever, until next month.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys are crazy, clearly the best character was the little bug guy with knives for arms.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
jesus fucking christ I didn't realize Volstagg was Ray Stevenson. That dude just could not catch a break with Marvel characters.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i fucking loved this movie, holy shit it was epic. easily the best of the lot. only stupid part was putting Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song in it. no need to Guardians Of The Galaxy this masterpiece. Khorum was right. this is top tier of the marvel franchise, the Dark Elf Thor and that ridiculous first one were HORRIBLE. i guess its time i watch Black Dindu. look out Khalid, here i come

• 5Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
A lot of people liked BP a lot. I probably would have liked it (because of how much I enjoy EVERY OTHER Marvel Movie) if not for my desire to use logic. And belief in humanity.

Reasons are here:
1a.) BP's entire superpower is based off of Vibranium, a metal from a meteor that struck earth. The metal has magical properties, like causing plants that grow around the crash site to have the ability to grant the ingestor with strength and speed.
2a.) The metal itself causes technology to develop at an alarming rate. Around 2 generations ahead of anything that doesn't also use said metal.
3a.) The metal is priceless. And it is highly sought after by criminals.

1b.) So, regarding 1a, I'm fine with a magic meteorite causing plants to give super powers. That works for me.
2b.) This entire thing is bullshit. And it's too much for me to accept. It's removing all of human intelligence for no reason. The metal itself doesn't have ANY intelligence. It simply exists. That fact doesn't suddenly grant the user an intelligence that surpasses EVERYONE ELSE on Earth. So fuck this +15 to technology passive effect.
3b.) That makes a lot of sense also. If there is a metal that is strong and light (like Titanium, but so much better), then it's ABSOLUTELY believable that everyone would want it. And the value would be astronomical. However, Wakanda goes out of its way to NEVER sell this metal. In fact, when foreign places end up with it, they steal it back so that no one else can use it. So because they never sell it, how the fuck is the country wealthy? Having Aluminum doesn't also grant you the power of flight, even though every airplane is created with aluminum. That doesn't make any sense.

And those are my biggest issues with Black Panther. PS - The Blu-Rays come out on Tuesday.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
A lot of people liked BP a lot. I probably would have liked it (because of how much I enjoy EVERY OTHER Marvel Movie) if not for my desire to use logic. And belief in humanity.

Reasons are here:
1a.) BP's entire superpower is based off of Vibranium, a metal from a meteor that struck earth. The metal has magical properties, like causing plants that grow around the crash site to have the ability to grant the ingestor with strength and speed.
2a.) The metal itself causes technology to develop at an alarming rate. Around 2 generations ahead of anything that doesn't also use said metal.
3a.) The metal is priceless. And it is highly sought after by criminals.

1b.) So, regarding 1a, I'm fine with a magic meteorite causing plants to give super powers. That works for me.
2b.) This entire thing is bullshit. And it's too much for me to accept. It's removing all of human intelligence for no reason. The metal itself doesn't have ANY intelligence. It simply exists. That fact doesn't suddenly grant the user an intelligence that surpasses EVERYONE ELSE on Earth. So fuck this +15 to technology passive effect.
3b.) That makes a lot of sense also. If there is a metal that is strong and light (like Titanium, but so much better), then it's ABSOLUTELY believable that everyone would want it. And the value would be astronomical. However, Wakanda goes out of its way to NEVER sell this metal. In fact, when foreign places end up with it, they steal it back so that no one else can use it. So because they never sell it, how the fuck is the country wealthy? Having Aluminum doesn't also grant you the power of flight, even though every airplane is created with aluminum. That doesn't make any sense.

And those are my biggest issues with Black Panther. PS - The Blu-Rays come out on Tuesday.
it was pretty bad.