Thor: The Dark World.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I fucking love Thor. I wish the first sequence with the giants was the entire movie.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was totally surprised by how enjoyable the first one considering the middling reviews it got. I echo Tuco's sentiment, the Asgard parts of the movie were the best. It did lose a bit of steam towards the end but I still enjoyed it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Like I said in the "JJ Abrams is going to rape my star wars oh noes" thread, they killed it when all I expected was a 90 minute visual of a pile of shit. It was a pretty damn good movie and blew away my expectations.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Holy shit, that comes out on my birthday. Sweeeet.
smile.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1st Thor movie was a great example of why Marvel needs to get all their properties back. Even when they go low budget like Thor they still make a pretty GD good movie. They had the balls to put a Shakespearean director(Kenneth Branagh) at the helm and let him do his thing, and he made something small scale that was still pretty damn entertaining. They nailed the casting with Hemsworth and Hiddleston and did a decent job of introducing him to the real world while still making Asgard matter.

This one is going to split time between the two world as well, right? It's about a race of dark elves threatening "the universe".

Anyways, if you want to read Thor stuff try the Ancient Asgard trilogy for a totally badass introduction to Thor. Here, has a torrent!

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6127354/

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Tuco and hammers.
bangkok_charades.jpg

First one was watchable albeit the romance was pathetic. He should have given her a taste of the hammer. Looking forward to the next one. Can't be worse than Hulk or Avengers
smile.png

Flight

Molten Core Raider
1st Thor movie was a great example of why Marvel needs to get all their properties back. Even when they go low budget like Thor they still make a pretty GD good movie. They had the balls to put a Shakespearean director(Kenneth Branagh) at the helm and let him do his thing, and he made something small scale that was still pretty damn entertaining. They nailed the casting with Hemsworth and Hiddleston and did a decent job of introducing him to the real world while still making Asgard matter.

This one is going to split time between the two world as well, right? It's about a race of dark elves threatening "the universe".

Anyways, if you want to read Thor stuff try the Ancient Asgard trilogy for a totally badass introduction to Thor. Here, has a torrent!

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6127354/
Motherfuckers. Welcome to the UK.

rrr_img_22159.jpg

First time I've ever seen this from Virgin.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Yes the villain will be malekith....played by leather jacket dr. Who. Forgot his name.

The marvel movies have been really good for what they were, everything before the avengers served it's purpose to the T. Thor, cap and hulk, overall poorly reviewed are overlooked for what they are.....origin movies to set up the Avengers. And as an origin movie they are way above average....friend of mine claimed amazing spiderman was a better origin movie, he is not allowed in my house anymore, on penalty of death.....by hammer.

Thor was really cool in introducing otherworldly superheroes, hulk did a fine job introducing maybe the hardest superhero to make a movie about. Cap, was a monster on its own, mostly because cap is a ww2 hero, and making a ww2 era movie that changes history in the slightest (hello inglorious basterds) usually is heavily frowned upon.

But you cant say those movies weren't entertaining and a great portrayal and introduction of the hero's in the post avengers universe....now that that problem is taken care of you will see them have a lot less pressure to make a good movie, but still deliver without having to do those pesky origin stories wich everyone hates, but are a neccesary evil.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Looks like a fun movie, just like the first one. I feel sorry for all you negative Nancies that can't enjoy a fun popcorn flick. So full of hate.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The only marvel movie I thought was weak was the first Hulk, the rest of the marvel movies were ok to great, IMO.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
It's okay, I'm sure there will be a bunch of pussy movies for pussies to enjoy this year.
I didn't know it was a manly thing to enjoy Thor's romantic journey. The plot was thin, the acting thin, Hopkins phoned it the fuck in (who could blame him with the godawful "thing" they made him wear) and the action was few and far between. Heimdall and some of the visuals were pretty alright.

Just face it, Thor was bad. He was good in the Avengers, but this new one looks like another turd.

If Marvel would treat the IP with some modicum of respect, ie, Thor being an immoral warrior AND acting like one, the Thor movies could be half way decent.