Thor: The Dark World.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Nice trailer, looks more action-packed than the first movie. I really liked the first one too.

In my opinion, Thor served as a turning point in the Marvel movie franchise because it was the first to introduce "magic", other planets, aliens and mystical enemies in a line of movies that had until then been centered around and limited to "realistic" science. If it wasn't for the first Thor movie, I doubt they would have jumped straight to Thanos.

Looking good, can't wait to see the second wave of films.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Nope. Thor, Ironman and captain america are all consistent compared to Hulk.
Of those 3 only Cap has been relatively consistent. Thor's "god" powers have been all over the place. Iron Man's suit's capabilities have been all over the place. Sometimes some reasoning is applied to this but the same is true of the Hulk.

fucker_sl

shitlord
hulk is really the hardest character to do 2 main reasons

1) he's not a character. Unless they want to bring the modern, "post-Heroes Reborn" Hulk (the one that you see in Planet Hulk and WWH) he is just a mindless engine of destruction. Good for smashing things for 30 mins, but that not enought for an entire movie. That's why we all think the Avengers' Hulk is the best so far....because he was on screen 30 mins smashing things and ragdolling Loki. With just "puny god" as line
2) he's not playable by an human actor, unless they use the Gollum/Avatar technology, and you need fucking amazing cgi just to bring him on screen (the Avengers got him pretty damn right finally). So you have tech problems too

i'm more inclined to complain about Thor's and Cap's senseless stuff than the quality of Hulk movies. Thor went from being an arrogant, warfounding idiot to a wise peacekeeper king in the spam of 48 hours and being hit 2 times by a minivan. While Cap apparently is a supersoldier only in name. Emil Blonsky did more "Cap stuff" in the 30 seconds against Hulk than Cap did in 2 movies. Not to mention they wasted his character in that stupid propaganda part

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I really disliked Captain America movie at first but in hindsight, I like it much more and think it works well as his origin, *especially* the propaganda part.

Anyway, one of his key abilities is "leadership" I think and I'd like to see more of it.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
The trolls in this thread try way too hard. Hilariously so.

SAeYA.gif

SAeYA.gif

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Iron Man and The Avengers were both A+ movies for me. The rest (from Marvel Studios) all fall around the "good but not great" level. I'm alright with that, though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Loki being in anything pretty much stopped being interesting when this happened.

tumblr_m3s89y9CXu1qgyi65o1_400.gif

But you have to have him as at least a minor character in a Thor movie, maybe they'll show how he's basically a necessary counterpart to Thor.

tumblr_m3s89y9CXu1qgyi65o1_400.gif

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Loki? Again? Seriously?
Yeah seriously, next there going to have Jane foster, and Odin in the movie as if they were main characters in the Thor comics
rolleyes.png
Did you forget that he's Thor's brother and is in a lof of the comics even if he isnt playing the main villain ?

rolleyes.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nope. Thor, Ironman and captain america are all consistent compared to Hulk.
This is something I like about Cap, though he's far from a favorite character. His powers are pretty well defined. He has the absolute peak of human physical ability. While there's always gonna be some fluctuation from comic to comic they don't change wildly to suit the story. He's not going to suddenly be able to lift up a building or run 100mph.

Pretty much agree with Djay's assessment of the Marvel movies to date.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The goofy thing about Cap is that his shield is basically a paradox like the hulk (infinite strength) or mjolnir (Can only be lifted by thor).

Bane_sl

shitlord
Yeah seriously, next there going to have Jane foster, and Odin in the movie as if they were main characters in the Thor comics
rolleyes.png
Did you forget that he's Thor's brother and is in a lof of the comics even if he isnt playing the main villain ?
That's great. In comics. Where story lines take 15 issues to arch and complete. Little different in movies considering it's the intro, build up, arch, and completion all in one event save for a things like LOTR, Star Wars, etc. Just a lack of creativity and a cop out.

rolleyes.png

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's great. In comics. Where story lines take 15 issues to arch and complete. Little different in movies considering it's the intro, build up, arch, and completion all in one event save for a things like LOTR, Star Wars, etc. Just a lack of creativity and a cop out.
He's still in most of the comics over the last 50 years and is Thors fucking brother who he always goes to, like I said you going to complain that odin is in the movie also