Three-monitor Gaming

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Today I made the jump. I acquired an additional monitor, Crysis 3, and Bioshock Infinite, and a new gpu. Not hooked up yet but when I get home I'm going to geek out on my pc for a while.

Screenshots will be provided after setup is complete. Anyone here have experience?

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
rrr_img_18841.jpg

rrr_img_18841.jpg

rrr_img_18841.jpg

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did you get used to the bezels? And did you position your setup farther from you?

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bioshock Infinite and Crysis 3 both support these resolutions. You can achieve 3 monitor resoulution with Planetside 2 but it fucks up your aspect ratio and you lose like 30% of your lower screen. There may be a fix but atm I dont think PS2 supports it?

Here are some screenshots of Bioshock that I took on my first play-through.

0xD5OXY.jpg

6FvQ8uX.jpg

cV08I0G.jpg

After playing this one game with this resolution I will never be able to go back to single/dual monitor. This is awesome.

0xD5OXY.jpg

6FvQ8uX.jpg

cV08I0G.jpg

Devlin

Golden Squire
I was very tempted recently to go three monitor but I've just got a 27" 1440p monitor and the 2x GTX 670's I bought with it still wouldn't be able to power three of those.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really? Im running 3x 24" VS247 's off one 660ti. Its 1920x1080 though.

2 cards cant support that?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I think he means he wouldn't be able to power games at 7680x1440 with just two 670s, and he probably wouldn't, at least not on high visual settings. It'll power a desktop that big no problem, as long as you're still only gaming on one(or maybe 2) of them.

I have 2 1920x1200 monitors with a 3GB 660Ti, and I can't really run anything across both monitors at decent speeds, unless all graphic settings are medium to low. Skyrim or Far Cry 3 at ulta settings get about 10-15 FPS spanned across both monitors :/

3 1440p monitors would take a lot of horsepower to game at good levels. 7680 x 1440 is over 5 times the resolution of a standard 1920x1080 monitor.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I suppose I would have thought 2x cards could support almost anything you throw at them. I'm running games at high graphics (see 3 posts up) but my resolution would be 4x less.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Remember this go to widescreengaming.org or com can't remember which and down load widescreen fixer as the guys there hack the ini files so games like COD series and Mass Effects series can be played in trip monitor format.

Sadly my trip monitor were put away due to many issues most game related like waiting for the hack ini files or wondering if tri fire is going to work etc. Finally got fed up and went 2670 x 1600 30" HP and glad I did.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Yeah I could have picked up two more 1080p 24" monitors but I figure a 27" @1440p is good enough really.

The two 670's run everything fully maxxed out without skipping a beat and the increased pixel density is pretty awesome anyway.

I have seen a 3 screen setup @1440p, it took 3 titans, fuck, that.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I remember playing that two-screen X-men arcade game when I was a kid. I would dream about one day playing my home video games on multiple screens. You guys are living my childhood dream. Meanwhile I'm playing games on a 4-year-old 15 inch laptop.

I hate everyone in this thread.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
That sure looks nice, but one question that I've always wanted to ask with such setups is, don't you have to turn your head a lot, or do you have the monitors so far away that it isn't an issue. And I suppose a followup question in case you do have to turn your head, do you not get tired in your neck?

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I move my head sometimes. I arrange my UI so my central monitor dominates my vision for the most part. Its hard to beat the experience of something catching the corner of my eye in my peripheral monitors and that becoming the focus of my attention. Otherwise I would have missed it. Im not constantly moving my head around. Think of it as a larger window with which to view from.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Question

Anyone here ever do 3-monitor gaming with monitors of different resolutions? I currently have 2 1920x1200 28" Monitors. If I buy a 3rd I don't want to waste my time with something old like those 2, I'd like to get one of the 1440p Korean monitors and probably put it in the middle(and probably turn them all vertical)

Is it possible to even game across varying resolutions, or would they all just have to default to the lowest common denominator(1920x1200). My wife would kill me if I bought 3 new monitors right now(we just had our first kid), but I could swing one no problem.