Throne and Liberty (Formerly Project TL)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So I just saw that 1 month after release in Korea, they announced server merge from 18 down to 7.

I'm guessing the P2W is even too much for Korean. I mean items on the auction only purchasable with the currency you have to buy for real money. Yes, you heard correctly you cannot buy items on the auction house with in game currency. :)

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I played this to max. I would write a review but it's not worth the time. This game is dead on arrival in the West and has been dying in KR since launch.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That was obviously what was going to happen. The game is generic as fuck. There are no hooks. For all the problems I have with Lost Ark at least they got the first thing right. Combat is the core of the fucking game, make it good. Not only did they show how clueless they are with the gameplay reveal that everyone dogged on, they doubled down on clueless by ONLY addressing the shit people complained about. Not to mention only addressing those issues in the most minimalistic way possible. I find the fact that I started this thread actually embarrassing.

Now AGS gets to be complicit with this cash grab bullshit, since instead of taking the smart move and dumping this shitshow, they are going to downplay the negatives and talk a bunch of shit about how their localization changes will be better for the players, just so they can sell a bunch of pre-orders and value packs pre-launch.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone joining the closed beta today? I intended to and it'd be cool to meet up with others.

FYI: I have not been keeping up with this thread and I know absolutely nothing about the game, classes, etc. I will try to read some of the posts between now and the 1300PST start time though.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Anyone joining the closed beta today? I intended to and it'd be cool to meet up with others.

FYI: I have not been keeping up with this thread and I know absolutely nothing about the game, classes, etc. I will try to read some of the posts between now and the 1300PST start time though.

I got a code. Loading now.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game dropped way off the radar. They would have had to make some major changes to the combat to excite players back onto this game. If you try it, let us know if they did. I somehow doubt they managed to. The whole Pay to win aspect along with the really strange "Play the game without actually playing the game" features are a big turn off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I read some of the posts and it's not making me excited to try it, but why is this called closed beta if it has been out so long? Release in the US or something?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played the Korean version till level level 20ish. It’s very generic, I didnt think it was awful, just average.

I have 2 friends that are interested so I will most likely play it with them when it comes out, I could see myself having enough of a good time leveling with friends.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played the Korean version till level level 20ish. It’s very generic, I didnt think it was awful, just average.

I have 2 friends that are interested so I will most likely play it with them when it comes out, I could see myself having enough of a good time leveling with friends.

Have they made many changes for the western release? Any combat updates?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This game dropped way off the radar. They would have had to make some major changes to the combat to excite players back onto this game. If you try it, let us know if they did. I somehow doubt they managed to. The whole Pay to win aspect along with the really strange "Play the game without actually playing the game" features are a big turn off.

Weren't they touting how this WASN'T pay to win, along with them getting rid of that BS let the game play for you shit?

• 1Worf

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
163 in the queue....here goes nothing!

Initial thoughts(about 1-2 hour playtime):

• I find the graphics/art to be pleasant. Not too realistic, not too cartoony. Some beautiful landscapes and visuals but I know this piece will be subjective
  • I didn't listen to all the dialogue and story, so I can't comment on that
  • The cutscenes are really nicely done
  • Some of the videos above complained about moving stopping auto-attack, they must have fixed this. I can move around now while fighting
  • Combat seems pretty stupid/easy at the moment, but that may be due to my low level
  • The different weapons play very differently from my experiments, which is cool. Seems like a neat system
  • Not sure if you can reallocate stats at some point, so if you change which weapon style you like that may hurt
  • I didn't encounter any pay to win yet, but again I am low level
  • The "morph" thing is a decent change from mount. Also see a lot of opportunity for pay visuals there

So far I am just running around doing the little quests in order on the railroads. No idea if there are dungeons or whatever that you need a group for. I did not immediately hate it, but the movement and combat do seem just a bit off, not sure how to explain it and maybe FFXIV spoiled me....but it's small things like I swear I hit a button and yet nothing happened and I got no indication of why.

I didn't flat out hate it so I will probably play a bit more when I have some free time. I would like to see what group combat is like or if the strategy gets better as levels increase. Otherwise it appears to be a moderate single player game where you can see other people

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
1712789678295.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
163 in the queue....here goes nothing!

Initial thoughts(about 1-2 hour playtime):

• I find the graphics/art to be pleasant. Not too realistic, not too cartoony. Some beautiful landscapes and visuals but I know this piece will be subjective
  • I didn't listen to all the dialogue and story, so I can't comment on that
  • The cutscenes are really nicely done
  • Some of the videos above complained about moving stopping auto-attack, they must have fixed this. I can move around now while fighting
  • Combat seems pretty stupid/easy at the moment, but that may be due to my low level
  • The different weapons play very differently from my experiments, which is cool. Seems like a neat system
  • Not sure if you can reallocate stats at some point, so if you change which weapon style you like that may hurt
  • I didn't encounter any pay to win yet, but again I am low level
  • The "morph" thing is a decent change from mount. Also see a lot of opportunity for pay visuals there

So far I am just running around doing the little quests in order on the railroads. No idea if there are dungeons or whatever that you need a group for. I did not immediately hate it, but the movement and combat do seem just a bit off, not sure how to explain it and maybe FFXIV spoiled me....but it's small things like I swear I hit a button and yet nothing happened and I got no indication of why.

I didn't flat out hate it so I will probably play a bit more when I have some free time. I would like to see what group combat is like or if the strategy gets better as levels increase. Otherwise it appears to be a moderate single player game where you can see other people
FF14 spoiled you? Wow if this game has worse combat than FF yeeesh

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Man. Nothing about this game stands out. It's generic as it gets. Not bad, not great. It's OK.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Man. Nothing about this game stands out. It's generic as it gets. Not bad, not great. It's OK.

That was my impression from playing the Korean version. As I said, it's not bad so I do plan on playing it with 2 friends just because we are in need of something to play together and at this point...it's ok is good enough for us sadly.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
FF14 spoiled you? Wow if this game has worse combat than FF yeeesh

I won't turn this in to a back and forth FFXIV debate, but I was not referencing combat specifically with my comment about FFXIV. I was trying to reference what people used to call "polish" back when WoW was new and used as the gold standard comparing new MMO's.

It's the small things like how smoothly the characters moves, how "synced" pressing something is to it happening on screen, how fluid camera angles and movement are, etc.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

What I've been saying for months and I've never even played the game. I think it's a little worse than "OK", "barely functional" might be more accurate. One month after Korean launch they merged the 18 servers down to 7.

"During its investor call, however, NCsoft admitted that the game had underperformed with the Korean audience and that it was hoping Amazon’s global launch – still slated for 2024 – would revive its prospects (it was hard not to read that as NCsoft implying that westerners would buy what Koreans snubbed)."

Clear cash grab. Anyone who gives any money to AGS for this shit is a fucking moron. This game's pop is going to peak and crater so fast it's going to give Lost Ark and New World vertigo. But, hey, at least it will give AGS the hat trick.

• 1Like