Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob

What the fuck is this? Just came out today, $29.99, its a "single player role-playing game set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics. "

wat?

Anyone playing? Fun? Bad? Too busy with RDR2 and Hitman 2 to jump in for now but seems to have very high reviews.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

What the fuck is this? Just came out today, $29.99, its a "single player role-playing game set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics. "

wat?

Anyone playing? Fun? Bad? Too busy with RDR2 and Hitman 2 to jump in for now but seems to have very high reviews.
It came out like 2weeks ago on GOG. I bought it and finished it, it was alright. Too easy tbh, so it gets pretty boring near the end in fights, although the story/storytelling is really neat.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I hated it. Thought I would love it but not being able to manipulate cards while they were talking drove me nuts.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you liked the lore and storytelling of CPDR's previous Witcher games, then get this. However, even on max difficulty, it's way too easy. Also, you might find the similarities to HoMM3 a homage or ripoff. Some of the cards have multiplayer versions. You don't have to play the multiplayer version, it's even a separate install, but it's kinda assumed.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
anyone played this?

players give it mixed reviews. gaming sites are fawning over it

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
anyone played this?

players give it mixed reviews. gaming sites are fawning over it
I did post my opinions. It's ok-ish, priced right for what it is. Art is good, story is good, gameplay is ok to meh depending on what it is, the whole card game aspect is super limited and borderline useless; you can clear the game without doing any deck making things, every card you get is super overpowered and the opponents are mostly weak time wasters if you're not playing puzzle fights which could have been done without it being a card game at all. I'd wait for a sale if you want to grab it but not in a hurry.