Time and Eternity (PS3)

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, this is about the only game coming out in July. Fair warning, this is pretty strictly for fans of niche-Japanese stuff and is a NISA published game.

I personally think the style they use looks pretty cool and it seems fairly interesting. Ordered the LE off of the NISA store. That's out of stock, but you can still buy the standard edition directly from them here:http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/time-eternity-stdI prefer to go through their company website directly rather than go through Amazon or Gamestop (also you can only buy the LE directly from them).

I suggest watching the Developer Demo for a feel for the gameplay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_and_Eternity

http://nisamerica.com/games/time_and_eternity/

Developer Demo:

Trailers:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That first trailer is like one of the worst trailer I've ever seen. Might buy it, apparently it's already out in europe for some reason.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
So, this is about the only game coming out in July. Fair warning, this is pretty strictly for fans of niche-Japanese stuff and is a NISA published game.
Well, we're getting Shin Megami Tensei IV also, aren't we?

I'm pretty skeptical about this one. The reviews have been all over the map, though I've seen more bad ones than good ones. The development companies previous games I've played (the Luminous Arc games) were all pretty uninspired as well. I'd be curious to know what you think once you have it in hand. Think I'm probably passing at this point.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that anyone who buys all the JRPGs that NISA ports knows that they aren't exactly the best games in the world. See: Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
This is the first NIS game Im passing on at release. The Japanese release has been getting pretty middling reviews as Goldenmean mentioned. Just looks to be more style than substance and I have enough of those on my NIS shelf already. Ill let you guys guinea pig this one and may pick it up later.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I should qualify my earlier statement: My wife believes that Nippon Ichi can do no wrong, ever. Therefore, will buy.

If any of the gags are nearly as funny as Neptunia was, though, that alone will be worth it.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I should qualify my earlier statement: My wife believes that Nippon Ichi can do no wrong, ever. Therefore, will buy.

If any of the gags are nearly as funny as Neptunia was, though, that alone will be worth it.
Yeah, Neptunia was the definition of Mediocre as a game, but hilarious. The first one was anyways, Mk2 didn't click as well me and it was a lot drier (much of that was due to the main character change). I haven't actually played Victory yet (despite having had it for months), I should get around to that.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I've also recently got into the Neptunia series. I was told my some diehard JRPG people to skip the first one as it was awful and just play through Mk2. It's been randomly fun, will probably pick up Victory when I can.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I've also recently got into the Neptunia series. I was told my some diehard JRPG people to skip the first one as it was awful and just play through Mk2. It's been randomly fun, will probably pick up Victory when I can.
Said people be crazy. I greatly prefer the first game to Mk2, it's waaaaay funnier. 2 has better gameplay, but it's very, very dry.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
Probably worth noting that NIS is just the publisher on this one, not the developer. That was the case on Hyperdimension Neptunia as well (and Trinity Universe, etc). The developer isImage Epoch, and they've mostly done a lot of forgettable portable RPGs.

Any NIS developed games are must buys for me, but I haven't been all that wild about a lot of what they've chosen to publish thus far.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Probably worth noting that NIS is just the publisher on this one, not the developer. That was the case on Hyperdimension Neptunia as well (and Trinity Universe, etc). The developer isImage Epoch, and they've mostly done a lot of forgettable portable RPGs.

Any NIS developed games are must buys for me, but I haven't been all that wild about a lot of what they've chosen to publish thus far.
I haven't played their DS games, but Fate/Extra on the PSP is pretty good (especially if you're into the FSN universe)

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
I haven't played their DS games, but Fate/Extra on the PSP is pretty good (especially if you're into the FSN universe)
Haven't played that one. The Luminous Arc games are about as bland as you can possibly make a TRPG.

Not even entirely sure why I played the second one after finding the first so shrugworthy. Must have been desperate for a commute game at the time.

Has anyone tried Arc Rise Fantasia? That looks to be their first game for an actual console instead of a handheld.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Haven't played that one. The Luminous Arc games are about as bland as you can possibly make a TRPG.

Not even entirely sure why I played the second one after finding the first so shrugworthy. Must have been desperate for a commute game at the time.

Has anyone tried Arc Rise Fantasia? That looks to be their first game for an actual console instead of a handheld.
Arc Rise Fantasia looked okay as a game, but then I saw the English videos of it and reviews of it. It has a localization so bad that I personally found it to look/sound unplayable.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I love JRPGs but this looks like a mos def pass. Tales next month is what i want, maybe Dragon crown as well.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Dragon's Crown is no maybe for me, that is a must buy. My only concern about it is Vita Vs. PS3, heavily leaning towards the PS3 version atm. I really wish it was a cross-buy title (every game like that should be).