Time and Eternity (PS3)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Tales, Dragon Crown, & Beyond 2 Souls are the last games im buying this gen i believe.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
Heh, I was about to chime in saying "I thought Tales of Xilia was releasing in August?" and then I remembered that it just turned July.

I've got ToX, Dragon's Crown and SMT IV all in pre-order form.

I'll almost certainly grab Kingdom Hearts remix, Disgaea D2, The Witch and the Hundred Knights, and Guided Fate Paradox as well. If this console generation is anything like the last one, I'll probably still be buying PS3 games for a year or two after the PS4 launch. There's hardly ever any good RPGs early on in the launch of a new console, and there's usually several still queued up on the old system. Really, is there *anything* RPG-ish I should have my eye on for the Xbone or the PS4? Seemed pretty dead to me last time I looked.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Sadly The Witch and the Hundred Knights probably won't be out until 2014 in NA. I definitely think we'll still be seeing PS3 RPGs a year or two into the PS4's launch like the PS2 to PS3 (at least in NA, with how long localizations can take). Though, hopefully the smaller developers who do all these RPGs make will make the jump to the PS4 faster than they did to the PS3 due to how much easier the PS4 should be to develop games on for them. They're never concerned with pushing the limits of a system, so it'll probably be much cheaper for them to develop on it too.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, finally got around to playing this. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. The 3D environments are bland as hell, but the 2D art is pretty good. The voice work is solid and the battle system is fun. Once you get a bit into it and get some more abilities it's definitely entertaining, especially with blocking and dodging stuff and timing attack frames plus the different distances. It's a little easy, but still a lot more than just button mashing.