Timeline: The Legend of Zelda

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Completed Skyward Sword finally. I gotta say it came together nicely toward the end, but fuck the motion controls particularly on last fight. Seemed so hard to get your sword vertical, but I think maybe this being my little cousin's Wii the accelerometers and such have been beat around by kids.

I could do without motion controls period. I'm over them. I could also do without the Silent Realm/Twilight Realm dog stuff. I'm ready for a gritty Zelda.

SPOILER:
I'm pretty sure this is the first one where Link and Zelda end up together at the end, or at least that's how I took the ending. The next Zelda should be interesting about where its based. I gotta figure at this point they've done Ganon and the Master Sword's origins, they've done the Imprisoning War, they've done the outcome of both timelines....I'm ready for a 3-D A Link to the Past with some twists. I'd rate Skyward as better than Wind Waker and Majora's Mask, but worse than Twilight Princess which is second to the Tie of OoT and LttP.
Zelda 2 ends with a kiss.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I stopped playing Skyward Sword because of the fucking controllers. Can Wii use normal controllers for Zelda?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Zelda 2 ends with a kiss.
Yup. I had forgotten. One of my least favorite zelda's.

Re Controllers: sadly, no. In fact, does this make the wii emulation proof? The game will be hard to re-release once Wii backwards compat for controllers goes away.

Sean_sl

shitlord

Re Controllers: sadly, no. In fact, does this make the wii emulation proof? The game will be hard to re-release once Wii backwards compat for controllers goes away.
No, Dolphin has full support for Wii controllers. All you need is a cheap little bluetooth receiver and a wireless IR bar.

Caliane

also, not EVERY wii game is wiimote only.

Skyward sword is, twilight princess is not.

But yeah, I also gave up on skyward, as the controls got on my nerves.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Twilight Princess is Wiimote only on the Wii. You can only play with a controller on the GC version.

Caliane

really, wow. thought you could.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There's a part toward the end of Skyward Sword where you're collecting notes under water and I literally did the "I'm losing my fucking mind" laugh out loud and alone in my house. The controls were AWFUL and touchy at points. I also thought the first half of the story was pretty mailed in but the second half was good to great.