Titanfall

Del

Vyemm Raider
What a disappointment this game is. All that fucking hype and it can barely hold my interest for 45 minutes.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I have no clue why he can only get 500 people to watch him stream
I clicked the link and the first thing I saw was the fat guy talking about how he liked sluts and then started screaming "FUCKING SHIT" when he died so I closed the box. I think that probably means I'm not in the target demographic for his humor. I lasted about 15 seconds.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I clicked the link and the first thing I saw was the fat guy talking about how he liked sluts and then started screaming "FUCKING SHIT" when he died so I closed the box. I think that probably means I'm not in the target demographic for his humor. I lasted about 15 seconds.
I've tried watching him before and that's how it went for me as well ... I don't get the appeal, but I think we're the minority here.

Bizazedo

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you guys aren't playing it like this, you're doing it wrong. And I will admit I cannot move like this haha...
It's not revolutionary, but it is a nice take on the genre. It's core is definitely CoD, so if you don't like that you won't like this. And obviously there's rarely things that everyone is going to like.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I used to set my titan to autopilot most of the time, but then I realized I could usually take out 3-6 enemy titan per titanfall by managing dash and shields. Forcing 3 enemy titans to chase your titan while killing them 1 by 1 is just doing an amazing service for your team. The key is to kill as many grunts and especially specters while in your titan to charge that power core up. But when the other team doesn't have titans on the field I definitely get out of my titan.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Column, Sean, knock off the shit show. It's fine to post an article showing that Titanfall drops to 35fps. And it's fine to say, 'who cares'. But it's pretty pathetic to be a ps4 banner holder and come into a xbone semi-exclusive and start shit. It's also pathetic to react so vehemently and strongly to an article that shows Titanfall doesn't hold a steady fps.

Personally I think I'll avoid this game until it gets fleshed out more. What would really convince me to buy is watching a pro player pull off some crazy, high skill and high reward maneuvers that resulted in him wasting everyone. Maybe the game is premature but all I've seen so far is the same run and gunning I've seen for two decades with some neat parkour separated by slow run and gunning in a mech. Plus it seems like everyone just respawns, charges at the enemy and tries to get as many kills as possible. It's just the same tired shit that was new to me ten years ago.

Watching someone bunny hop around in Quake and get head shots with a gauss rifle or midair hits with a rocket launcher made me play those games. Watching a vanguard fly around a map made me play Mass effect 3 multiplayer.

edit:
If you guys aren't playing it like this, you're doing it wrong. And I will admit I cannot move like this haha...
It's not revolutionary, but it is a nice take on the genre. It's core is definitely CoD, so if you don't like that you won't like this. And obviously there's rarely things that everyone is going to like.
scratch what I just said, I'll try this.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PC Beta is open/opening up today so good news for you Tuco, you can try it. (And get disappointed more than likely from what the record is looking here)

spronk

FPS noob
one of the funny things is chilling out with grunts at a capture point in hardpoint, they will talk to and say shit like "i'm glad you are here, sir!" or start talking about their wives hahaha

i think release has one more game mode, team deathmatch, probably like attrition but bot deaths don't count only PKs? the other 8 or so maps seem to be variations of hardpoint, attrition, and last titan.

I do wonder how many levels release has, I already hit level 14 and thats with like... 7-10 games played and just a few hours? I'm 110 hours into bf4 and only level 48 (I'm slow, screw around a lot, don't use many boosts or play double XP weekends tho).

an accordion_sl

shitlord
This is why I liked the city map so much more, you can't do this shit on the outdoor map. There was only a few spots to do any quick movement.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
For any PC players with Nvidia cards, this actually helped my FPS quite a bit:

Titanfall PC Beta - Workaround for framerate cap, mouse lag and colors : titanfall

So i have been trying to find a solution for the framerate cap and the mouse lag caused by V-Sync, here's what i came up with...
This also should increase performance for SLI setups, i have tested it on x2 overclocked 780s...
1- Open Nvidia Control Panel go to Manage 3D Settings < Program Settings < Add < Browse to your TitanFall executable
2- Set Vertical sync to OFF
Now download Nvidia Inspector
1- Click on the Tool icon next to your driver version
2- In the top left corner where it says Profile, find BioShock Infinite
3- On the top, click on "Add application to current profile" (1st Icon next to the big red X), and browse to your TitanFall executable
4- Click on Apply changes
We're done here, if you don't have a SLI setup, go back to the Nvidia Control Panel and set "SLI Rendering Mode" to "Single GPU"
Now launch Titanfall and in the Vide Options set V-Sync to either Double or Triple Buffering, see which one is better for you.
Now you should have better performance with SLI and the V-Sync mouse lag should be less noticeable.

Vaclav

It's supposed to be 10 or so minute matches, you can't break away from EQ that long to try something you might like? (Re-)Addicted much?

Vaclav

Uh, you can play this while afk in EQ.
Indeed - tell your friends "Damn guys, I've got a monster shit to take care of - gonna be a few" then knock out some Titanfall while "dropping off the kids" supposedly. Then come back and tell them about your supposed masterpiece before going back to grinding Shissar or whatever.

No sense in not taking advantage of the beta to get a feel before committing to it. Unless you really hate $40 that much.

spronk

FPS noob
rodeo'ing titans is ridiculously fun and way too easy, I've gone 5 or 6 titan kills before I get killed. Dunno what they should do to make it harder to rodeo them, but it definitely should be harder than bunny hopping onto one and unloading.

i do wish they'd let xbros and pc players play together

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Uh, you can play this while afk in EQ.
I tried. EQ crashes when I open Titanfall. I could commandeer my wife's laptop and have her run ISBoxer so my mercs can play EQ while I play a real game, but then I'd have to fight with NVIDIA's piece of shit energy saver system to turn off the video card.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
rodeo'ing titans is ridiculously fun and way too easy, I've gone 5 or 6 titan kills before I get killed. Dunno what they should do to make it harder to rodeo them, but it definitely should be harder than bunny hopping onto one and unloading.

i do wish they'd let xbros and pc players play together
The pilots can just get out and kill you if they're not dumb. Especially if they have a SMG, smart pistol or shotgun.