Titanfall

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I'd say it's greyish area. They offer it in pesos, i paid them in pesos. Not my fault the conversion to US dollars causes me to pay less and it is a legal copy of the game. I am also glad I didn't pay full price for the collectors. Game is fun but it's not 80 dollars fun.
They are closing this loophole on 26 March (at least what Google Translate says the banner at the top means) but there isn't anything illegal or EULA-breaking about this. On the 26th the Mexican version of the Origin store will require payment in dollars, which means rather than giving dollar-buyers a break, they are going to be sticking it to pesos-buyers EU-style.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
That's exactly the system I use but 8gb of ram and while I haven't tested the fps it is perfectly playable and very smooth. A couple of the maps I did notice a little slow down but nothing catastrophic. That said I definitely plan on upgrading my bid card when I can.

Edit: no SLI just the single card

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Had to punch in a refund for this already. Running an i5 2500k @ 4.7ghz, SLI 560ti 448cores, 16g RAM. Even turning everything down to low I still only get around 15fps in this game. Updated drivers, SLI disabled, everything. Kinda sad
frown.png

Looks like I'll be revisiting this one.
What resolution are you running this on?

I have a crappy ATI6850 and it ran at 30fps for me on low 1080p.

Elerion

N00b
Yeah, I run that exact setup too (i2500k 560ti 8GB) and it's running smooth on medium-high settings at 1080p.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
He said hes got 560ti SLI, which I find unbelievable that hes only getting 15fps. He must be gaming on like 3 monitor setup or some shit, lol.

Elerion

N00b
Or just hardware/driver/compatibility issues. I'm just saying something is obviously wrong, his rig should run the game just fine.

spronk

FPS noob
probably the SLI, without driver updates SLI can fuck up game FPS even with SLI disabled. Thats why I always prefer the "buy the best $200-300 card, no SLI, upgrade every 2-3 years" strategy.

that said there is an nvidia driver update yesterday, dunno if it specifically targets Titanfall
Drivers | GeForce

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This game just makes me want to go out today and get my 760 gtx. Its the first game that I felt the need to update my shit.

I was going to wait until my biggest loser weight loss contest thing at work paid out to get one which Im in a substantial lead right now but I dont think I can wait the 4 weeks that it has left.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've got a shitty rig and I'm run it 1080p fine probably 30+fps except I have vsync off and I get tearing a lot of the time. Also for whatever reason you can't change resolutions once in matchmaking/game you have to back all the way out to the main screen to change it.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Is this full release a lot worse optimized than the beta weekend or something, or are the maps way more detailed than the beta ones? Or are some of your computers just fucked up? Being the source engine, I figured this would run easily on most average systems.

I have a oc'd 650ti boost 2gb, fx6300 oc'd to 4.4ghz and I played beta at 1440x900 maxed out using insane textures, fxaa on, and vsync off, and was able to run it at around 60fps no problem. I played it a ton and didn't notice any real lag.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Ran great and looked great to me. Nothing terrible amazing about the graphics, no better or worse than BF4 in my opinion.

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
Had fun playing. In trying to play the campaign, apparently all the rest of my maps "differ from the server." Rather than a simple dialogue box, where you could click "OKAY" or perhaps, I don't fucking know, download the map, the entire game closes at that point.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Graphics are definitely crap compared to Battlfield 4, but they've done a whole lot with a decade old Source Engine.

EDIT: BTW, Capture the Flag is actually FUCKING AWESOME. A bunch of the shit that is limited in usefulness in other modes suddenly gets a new purpose.

Eonan

Doer of Things
I actually have way more fun running around as a pilot than I have been in the Titans so far, Titans are nice to get out of a sticky situation for sure though.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Graphics are definitely crap compared to Battlfield 4, but they've done a whole lot with a decade old Source Engine.

EDIT: BTW, Capture the Flag is actually FUCKING AWESOME. A bunch of the shit that is limited in usefulness in other modes suddenly gets a new purpose.
Holy fuck did they add a CTF mode???

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I actually have way more fun running around as a pilot than I have been in the Titans so far, Titans are nice to get out of a sticky situation for sure though.
I only get in one if my team has like one or two already deployed, and I just back them up. Being a lone gun in one of those you dont last too long.

spronk

FPS noob
Holy fuck did they add a CTF mode???
two new modes in release are CTF (really awesome) and pilot killer (like attrition, but only pilot kills count in the score). they all play off the same 9 (?) maps.

I think if you aren't running SLI the fps should be no problem on PC, if you are running SLI may need another driver update or two for it to stabilize. Thats been pretty common for PC games.

one thing I have noticed though, if I start getting on a losing streak I will want to alt-f4 quickly. I dunno why, in bf4 I can lose game after game and not really care, but in TF it feels like "AH FUCK IM BEING FARMED FUCK THIS SHIT". I wish the game would do better team balancing after a match. Yeah yeah, I know, play with friends, but usually I play during the day when none are on.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I only played a few matches last night but I noticed that the matches are short as shit too. Too short if you ask me. Also, 6v6 is to small IMO. Especially on some of the larger maps. It be nice to have 8vs8 or even 12vs12. Other than hardpoint, I barely saw any pilots some matches.