Titanfall

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Why Titanfall Has No Single-Player Campaign

"We make these single-player missions that take up all the focus of the studio, that take a huge team six months to make, and players run through it in 8 minutes," he said. "And how many people finish the single-player game? It's a small percentage. It's like, everyone plays through the first level, but 5 percent of people finish the game.

"Really, you split the team. They're two different games. They're balanced differently, they're scoped differently. But people spend hundreds of hours in the multiplayer experience versus 'as little time as possible rushing to the end' [in single-player]. So why do all the resources go there? To us it made sense to put it here. Now everybody sees all those resources, and multiplayer is better. For us it made sense."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...layer-campaign

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Respawn dev hints at PS4 release after initial launch

http://www.examiner.com/article/resp...ll-ps4-release

From the Article_sl said:
During E3 2013, Respawn's "Titanfall" was one of the biggest game reveals of the show. Currently set for a release in 2014 on PC, Xbox 360, and Xbox One, "Titanfall" looks to be one of the most exciting new IPs of the upcoming generation. After such an impressive showing at E3, many are wondering if Respawn has any intention of bringing "Titanfall" to PS4. On June 17, an answer was given and it provides future PS4 owners hope.

According to a report by Screencrush, Respawn is open to the idea of bringing "Titanfall" to PS4. Respawn lead artist Joel Emslie wants all of Respanw's fans to be happy - no matter what console they support. When asked if "Titanfall" could come to PS4, Emslie gave a positive response.

"It's definitely not out of the question. We have a huge appreciation for the fans. Coming out and showing it to everybody, we're super nervous and wanted to make sure everybody loved it. We love all our fans, whatever console they support. So yeah. We want to make everybody happy, but this is where we're at right now."

"Titanfall" is being developed by Respawn and will be published by EA in early 2014. The title is currently announced as an exclusive to Xbox 360 and Xbox One - in terms of home console release. It is unknown how long Microsoft's deal with EA will last. If it is a timed exclusive, we should hear more on the possibility of "Titanfall" on PS4 soon after the game ships on Xbox One and Xbox 360.
If one of the Xbone's killer apps is just a timed release, that really hurts for Microsoft

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
/\/\ Microsoft has an option to make it an Xbox Exclusive for the life of the IP for this generation, but it is very expensive. So I am guessing they are waiting to see reception first. Being that their console sucks this generation and MS has their heads firmly planted up their asses, it's a safe bet the game will not sell to an installed target base as expected and they will not exercise the option to keep it out of Sony's hands.

This and Forza are making it really freakin hard to not pre-order an Xbone.
Titanfall isn't coming out until 2014 so why would you pre-order a console which doesn't have it's major exclusive launchingwiththe console.

I was never really into racing games so I guess I cannot comment on that one, but they all look at the same to me with different tracks.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
It was more of a combination of Forza as a launch title with TitanFall coming in 2014. I know its on PC, but my PC is set up as a HTPC now and i dont really have a good place to use a mouse/kb. If they were both launch titles, i would probably have one ordered already to go with my PS4! But luckily its not and i get to save $500 bucks for a while.

Man, for someone who isnt a car fan i bet this launch seems like racer overkill. As a car geek, Forza is a big deal with all of the cars physics modeled extremely realistically (and they sound real unlike GT5, hopefully GT6 fixes this). I get to geek out about stuff that a lot of people could give a shit about.

MS really screwed up this launch, but i really think some of thier connected services could be cool. But i dont buy into the kool-aide so i will just wait until it all comes out and see what works (if anyting)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
It was more of a combination of Forza as a launch title with TitanFall coming in 2014. I know its on PC, but my PC is set up as a HTPC now and i dont really have a good place to use a mouse/kb. If they were both launch titles, i would probably have one ordered already to go with my PS4! But luckily its not and i get to save $500 bucks for a while.

Man, for someone who isnt a car fan i bet this launch seems like racer overkill. As a car geek, Forza is a big deal with all of the cars physics modeled extremely realistically (and they sound real unlike GT5, hopefully GT6 fixes this). I get to geek out about stuff that a lot of people could give a shit about.

MS really screwed up this launch, but i really think some of thier connected services could be cool. But i dont buy into the kool-aide so i will just wait until it all comes out and see what works (if anyting)
I have a real life friend that is totally into car racing games. He has one on PC, has GT5 and all the Forza's. He also has this $400 car racing chair with a high end racing wheel, stick shift, clutch, pedal, and breaks. I will say I am afraid to try it because I will probably think it is so cool that I will start spending about $1,000 on the stuff. That might be a good reason why I never got heavily into racing games - because I played them with a controller.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have a real life friend that is totally into car racing games. He has one on PC, has GT5 and all the Forza's. He also has this $400 car racing chair with a high end racing wheel, stick shift, clutch, pedal, and breaks. I will say I am afraid to try it because I will probably think it is so cool that I will start spending about $1,000 on the stuff. That might be a good reason why I never got heavily into racing games - because I played them with a controller.
Yeah, I actually just started looking into those wheel/pedal setups. I would like to get a nice one, but it could get expensive fast!

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Yeah, the dedicated racing setups are nice. I will probably buy into one once all of the compatability issues with this gen switch are known. It would suck to blow a grand and not have it work with the new stuff.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thorne: If you've got a PS4 preordered, might as well see how Driveclub is for scratching the same itch first, no? Forza 5 is likely up to snuff with the others, but who's to say Driveclub won't be? And it's included with PS4's first month of PS+ so basically zero risk.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Ohhh I will be picking up Driveclub for sure, but it is said to be an arcade racer type. Im sure it will be fun (hope!) and it looks great, but Forza is a completely different animal.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ohhh I will be picking up Driveclub for sure, but it is said to be an arcade racer type. Im sure it will be fun (hope!) and it looks great, but Forza is a completely different animal.
Quotes I've heard are "arcade type racer, to be compared to Forza" in the previews I've seen talk about it. It talks about Forza and GT being different animals though.

Fadaar

That guy
So it appears this is available for pre-order on Origin, but nothing on Steam yet. Le sigh.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
So it appears this is available for pre-order on Origin, but nothing on Steam yet. Le sigh.
Yup, if it isn't on Steam, I won't be buying it. Screw EA, especially after SimCity
mad.png

EvasiveGoose_sl

shitlord
I don't know about anyone else but I'm disturbingly excited about this game and I have no clue why. I've never been giddy and looking forward to a game release before. It's a sign. This will be the Jesus of games...

For reals tho the moving looks fun. Like a fast paced Halo. Plus I've read good things about the intuitive controls or w/e. Aim and jump, not a super button mashing combo. I can dig that

TXjohnny

<Bronze Donator>
Way back in the day, I bought the xbox based upon the trailers/ads I had seen for Halo. I never regretted that decision. After watching the gameplay trailer for this game, I am now seriously thinking about getting an xbox one just for this....who am I kidding, I'm getting it.