Titanfall

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
gonna have to agree with everyone the AI is dumb not sure what they were thinking, titan gameplay is meh im sure it gets better with the customization and more titans but overall underwhelming =/

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The AI actually really bothers me. It's so completely useless that I wonder why it even exists? You can easily melee 4+ of them to death in the same room before they even react to your presence. And even when they do acknowledge that you exist they barely fire their weapons at all, or if they do their accuracy is so terrible they'd have to reload to ever hope to kill you. The only way they ever actually contribute anything is when you pause to shoot one and another player kills you in that half a second of not aiming at them.

Also the sniper rifle is completely awful.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The AI guys are there so that people can feel like they are killing folk even when they can't kill players, similarly the AutoLock pistol helps this as well. Its about market appeal.

In many ways the Titans are too squishy, but part of that is due to many of them being configured for long range engagements and the maps being claustrophobic as hell. I will say that calling down a Titan onto an enemy Titan and having the enemy killed by the impact is fun as hell.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Also the sniper rifle is completely awful.
rrr_img_60257.jpg

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Played last night for about 3 hours and had a lot of fun. Was mostly just enjoying the freedom of movement, wall-running, double-jump stuff. I think that's going to be really a powerful weapon for experienced players. I thought the balance overall was good. It doesn't completely suck to be a Pilot without a Titan. I feel like the Titans are a bit underwhelming but that's mostly because Titan v Titan battles don't really seem to require much skill. 1 v 1 is a crapshoot and 2 v 1 is an always win. I'm hoping some of the other maps open up things more so you aren't always charging into buildings when you double-tap. I think the game is going to do really well because, even though I wouldn't call it unique, it is quite a bit different than the masses will be used to playing. Titan movement could be less lumbering too.

Shooting the AI guys is hopelessly easy but also pretty useful.

TheWoodenHorse

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I applied for the PC beta through Origin. Is there any special way to get in without an invite from them? Sorry if this has been clarified in the thread but skimming through it all I saw was to submit some bogus XBone key, get your origin account "flagged" (not sure what that means) and then they send you a PC key? Anyways, if there is a way at this point to get the PC demo, please let me know (I don't have an XBone).

Thanks all in advance.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Good players win titan battles by managing titan dash and shield. The shield regen is a really good kit for titans.

bigdaw_sl

shitlord
So I applied for the PC beta through Origin. Is there any special way to get in without an invite from them? Sorry if this has been clarified in the thread but skimming through it all I saw was to submit some bogus XBone key, get your origin account "flagged" (not sure what that means) and then they send you a PC key? Anyways, if there is a way at this point to get the PC demo, please let me know (I don't have an XBone).

Thanks all in advance.
Follow this to submit tickethttp://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall-B...37841#U2337841

put this code in box: 7DJFH-492XQ-4D7YC-KTW22-JXH4X

Origin account should get flagged within a couple hours.

spronk

FPS noob
run origin, click the help origin help button at the top menu bar, click on contact us at the bottom of the web page it opens, next, pc/next, Demo/Beta, type in titanfall beta key and just ask for a titanfall beta key to be added to your origin account. you can also chat with EA help and they will do it too, basically they will just hand out a key to anyone who asks, just have origin installed first and a origin account ID so they can attach it for you.

i feel like with 10 hours of played this beta weekend i have seen most of the game I wanna see, bit of a shame. oh well, its a solid game but not really AAA $60, hopefully they start work on Titanfall 2 soon using the Frostbyte engine. That could be a stellar game.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Ugh, hate watching casual stream jockeys playing this game. Where are the CoD pros at.

Column_sl

shitlord
Summit has been playing since launch.

Honestly, the game feels more like a mix of Halo, and a really slow version of Unreal/quake to me then Call of Duty.

One thing that is missing tho is weight. I think it's a sound effect thing
In Halo it felt like your players, and weapons were really solid if that makes any sense.

This game feels abit floaty like unreal or quake.

I love the game tho, think it's a pretty good start for a beta.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dunno man... I think I agree with him. The titan gameplay is a total snore so far.
Got a feeling Mist's comment was more related to them being on the same server and Mist getting owned, not his opinion of gameplay.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone want to play together? What's yo origin name, I'm Sutekhs.

PC obviously.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Got a feeling Mist's comment was more related to them being on the same server and Mist getting owned, not his opinion of gameplay.
lol yeah I randomly ran into him and killed him 4 times in a row.