Titanfall

Meatus_sl

shitlord
I'd be happier with 8vs8 than 10vs10, that just seems a bit too much.
Maybe they'll be able to put it in at a later point with some payed DLC.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think greater than 12 slot servers could work, but only if it was on some Pilots only mode.

I really had no expectations for this game, but I REALLY enjoyed the Point Capture game mode. Maybe it was just because it was beta, but I usually was #1 overall simply because I was running around taking points or just defending the B points. Most people seemed more interested in running around in the titans while I just captured or held everything.

I'll probably pick it up when it gets to $40 or lower.

spronk

FPS noob
i bought it for $38 from origin using the mexico VPN trick, dont really care if they ban my origin account - oh noes, my weekly bf4-crashes-in-5-minutes will be a terrible loss. still been a few days now and no probs, and titanfall is in my origin games list.

and before you ask you just go through a mexican proxy/vpn server on the origin website, or use a plugin like hola. only need it to the point where you start checkout, can turn off the vpn at that point. it says $499 mexican dollars (shouldnt it say pesos), and paypal converts it to $37-38.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
So seriously... those of you in beta.

Is it just Call of Duty with Mechwarriors or not so much?
It is. But that's not a bad thing.

The movement system is what really sets it apart. It's just nonstop movement and action. If you don't like run and gun gameplay on crack or mech fighting, then the game might not be for you.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So seriously... those of you in beta.

Is it just Call of Duty with Mechwarriors or not so much?
More CoD with some Hawken.

But I have another FPS games to play and Hawken/MWO hit my mech itch better.

But I did really like the movement system a lot, was fun to just run around over and around buildings.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Its 48 on GMG.

It's really fun to pub stomp with a party.
You have a code that works on GMG? I have been looking for a deal and haven't found anything other than semi-shady Russian sites selling it for a discount.

Meatus_sl

shitlord
You can't say flat out that it's CoD with mechs.

They borrowed some from multiple games like Unreal Tournament (dodging, walljumps) and some CoD (weapon layout, optimizing them etc).
Also I have the feeling it's a bit faster than CoD.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah, and it doesn't have prone, or recoil so somewhat feels like Halo.

This game is going to be so Huge. They had a terrific beta, and I've seen so much advertisement for it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
There's recoil/drift/widening of the cone of fire while shooting but yeah your mouse always returns to the original position when you're done firing.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I really think that the best part of the beta was how smoothly it ran. Hit detection was good, no rubberbanding, smooth animations and movement except that one day when they were randomly assigning people to different regions.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully done with some of the background processing power - because XBOne really doesn't need to be cutting down on it's front end processing power for bells and whistles as things stand right now.

spronk

FPS noob
lookin forward to some titanfall in 12 days

microsoft stores are gonna do a launch party, the one near me is giving away $1k in prizes (including free copies, for console I assume) on march 10. can check if you have a store near you
http://content.microsoftstore.com/en-us/home.aspx

also looks like origin preload (pc) will begin march 7th @ 9am, thats what it says if you go into details

yDrm3DL.gif

Meatus_sl

shitlord
too bad it releases on the 13th in europe. Don't understand why they cant just do worldwide release like most other games do nowadays.