Titanic (1997)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Titanic (1997)

Tagline: Nothing on Earth could come between them.

Genre: Drama, Romance

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane, Kathy Bates, Frances Fisher, Gloria Stuart, Bill Paxton, Bernard Hill, David Warner, Victor Garber, Jonathan Hyde, Suzy Amis, Lewis Abernathy, Nicholas Cascone, Danny Nucci, Jason Barry, Lew Palter, Eric Braeden, Bernard Fox, Ewan Stewart, Ioan Gruffudd, Jonny Phillips, Edward Fletcher, Scott G. Anderson, Martin East, Gregory Cooke, Alexandrea Owens, Seth Adkins, Michael Ensign, Anatoly M. Sagalevitch, Martin Hub, Mark Lindsay Chapman, Richard Graham, Paul Brightwell, Ron Donachie, Charlotte Chatton, Fannie Brett, Jenette Goldstein, Camilla Overbye Roos, Linda Kerns, Amy Gaipa, Martin Jarvis, Rosalind Ayres, Rochelle Rose, Jonathan Evans-Jones, Rocky Taylor, Craig Kelly, Liam Tuohy, Simon Crane, James Lancaster, Elsa Raven, Reece P. Thompson III, Laramie Landis, Mark Rafael Truitt, John Walcutt, Terry Forrestal, Derek Lea, Richard Ashton, Sean Nepita, Brendan Connolly, David Cronnelly, Garth Wilton, Richard Fox, Nick Meaney, Kevin Owers, Mark Capri, Marc Cass, Paul Herbert, Emmett James, Chris Byrne, Oliver Page, James Garrett, Erik Holland, Jari Kinnunen, Anders Falk, Barry Dennen, Vern Urich, Rebecca Klingler, Tricia O'Neil, Kathleen S. Dunn, Romeo Francis, Mandana Marino, Van Ling, Bjørn Olsen, Dan Pettersson, Shay Duffin, Greg Ellis, Diana Morgan, Kris Andersson, Bobbie Bates, Aaron James Cash, Anne Fletcher, Edmond Alan Forsyth, Andie Hicks, Scott Hislop, Stan Mazin, Lisa Ratzin, Julene Renee, Brian Walsh, Alexandra Boyd, Mike Butters, James Cameron, Bruno Campolo, Kevin De La Noy, Tony Kenny, Sean Lawlor, Don Lynch, Johnny Martin, Ryan McClurkin, Meghan McLeod, Mike O'Neal, Phil Parlapiano, Steven Quale, Olivia Rosewood, John Slade, R. Gern Trowbridge

Release: 1997-11-18

Runtime: 194

Plot: 101-year-old Rose DeWitt Bukater tells the story of her life aboard the Titanic, 84 years later. A young Rose boards the ship with her mother and fiancé. Meanwhile, Jack Dawson and Fabrizio De Rossi win third-class tickets aboard the ship. Rose tells the whole story from Titanic's departure through to its death—on its first and last voyage—on April 15, 1912.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Rewatched this today. It's been so many years since I've seen this. I can still quote almost the whole movie. I was in high school when this came out, and I think we saw it 7 times in the theaters, which was just unheard of at the time.

This is a fucking fantastic movie. It's so well done. Dicaprio & Winslet were phenomenal together on screen, really amazing chemistry. A great mix of romance, comedy, and obviously tragedy. What struck me about rewatching this is that the movie looked like it could have been filmed today, it looked fucking flawless. I know Cameron used practical effects, and it pays off. My female refused to believe it was 24 years old, because nothing on it looked aged. Truly beautiful.

I thought it truly did a great job of giving you an entertaining movie, with our two leads, and mixing that in with giving you a first person perspective of how the ship sank, and how utterly terrifying and horrible it was. A lot of little things were insane to see, like how even when the ship was sinking, they would treat the third class passengers like shit. And how they, like everyone else, shows what a coward J. Bruce Islay was. Saying that, it would be hard to sit on a ship knowing you're going to die if you could get into one of the lifeboats.

The one thing that I criticize, and it's only for fun, is fucking Fabrizio, who is Jack Dawson's Italian friend. He had the most over the top accent, it was just so stupid haha. Billy Zane was amazing as the villain, he was such a prick. Kathy Bates was fucking fantastic, have always loved her especially in this. Something about the way she talks.... Misery (what a movie!)

Honestly, one of the greats. 9.8 / 10 score.

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
tenor (1).gif

• 7Like
  • 5Worf
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
To this day, I have still never seen this movie.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Rewatched this today. It's been so many years since I've seen this. I can still quote almost the whole movie. I was in high school when this came out, and I think we saw it 7 times in the theaters, which was just unheard of at the time.

This is a fucking fantastic movie. It's so well done. Dicaprio & Winslet were phenomenal together on screen, really amazing chemistry. A great mix of romance, comedy, and obviously tragedy. What struck me about rewatching this is that the movie looked like it could have been filmed today, it looked fucking flawless. I know Cameron used practical effects, and it pays off. My female refused to believe it was 24 years old, because nothing on it looked aged. Truly beautiful.

I thought it truly did a great job of giving you an entertaining movie, with our two leads, and mixing that in with giving you a first person perspective of how the ship sank, and how utterly terrifying and horrible it was. A lot of little things were insane to see, like how even when the ship was sinking, they would treat the third class passengers like shit. And how they, like everyone else, shows what a coward J. Bruce Islay was. Saying that, it would be hard to sit on a ship knowing you're going to die if you could get into one of the lifeboats.

The one thing that I criticize, and it's only for fun, is fucking Fabrizio, who is Jack Dawson's Italian friend. He had the most over the top accent, it was just so stupid haha. Billy Zane was amazing as the villain, he was such a prick. Kathy Bates was fucking fantastic, have always loved her especially in this. Something about the way she talks.... Misery (what a movie!)

Honestly, one of the greats. 9.8 / 10 score.
Movie is fine for what it is, but wtf dude.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I used the "fat guy in a little coat" song from Tommy Boy as we were being seated to my date(there was a fat guy in a little coat in front of us), and subsequently, for the first time, banged the living crap out of a new girlfriend after this movie. It will live in infamy in my mind till I die. And has nothing to do with the actual movie.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
One of my most laughed at moments ever during a movie was when the dude hit the propeller on his way down. Shit gets me everytime. I'll watch this movie for that scene alone. Some company was going to make some storyboard game like Rain out of Titanic, and I said I'd pony up three grand if they included that scene. Unfortunately they never even got close to their indiegogo donation mark.

Ah, here it is. Looked pretty good visually anyway.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Worth seeing once, but if your lady gets too attached to a movie where the boyfriend dies in the freezing waters of the Atlantic and literally chucks millions of dollars to the depths you should be concerned.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Worth seeing once, but if your lady gets too attached to a movie where the boyfriend dies in the freezing waters of the Atlantic and literally chucks millions of dollars to the depths you should be concerned.

Yeah it was fucking bullshit she chucked it. Could have sold it and had generational wealth for her family.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Worth seeing once, but if your lady gets too attached to a movie where the boyfriend of 1 day dies in the freezing waters of the Atlantic and literally chucks millions of dollars to the depths you should be concerned.

Even calling him her boyfriend is generous. Was she even officially broken up with Billy Zane?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i admire Cameron's determination to make this film as real as possible. but it fucking sucked in story. i saw it twice and that was one times too many. i dunno how he tapped into the chick pipeline to get them to see this film and drag their friends and lovers with them to see it over and over. god bless the man, he knows how to get asses in the seats.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
It was the Celine Dion song, if I recall. Women were hooked on that shit.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Could have sold it and had generational wealth for her family.
Sell it to whom exactly? It wasn't legally hers and I guarantee she didn't know any fences, let alone a fence who could move a piece like that. Dropping it overboard was weird but it was effectively worthless as far as she was concerned.

• 1Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
i admire Cameron's determination to make this film as real as possible. but it fucking sucked in story. i saw it twice and that was one times too many. i dunno how he tapped into the chick pipeline to get them to see this film and drag their friends and lovers with them to see it over and over. god bless the man, he knows how to get asses in the seats.

I saw it numerous times in the theater. I honestly liked it then, but I kept going with this hot blonde that I wanted so bad. Never ever hooked up with her or even kissed her, lol. She ended up getting addicted to meth in college and fucking a bunch of her drug dealers.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
When I was in high school I had a crush on this girl who LOVED this movie. I had NO interest in watching it but one day a couple of us rented it and I was so bored by it I literally fell out of love with that girl. I distinctly remember the credits rolling and just shaking my head saying "yeah I don't get it" and I just got up and left lol

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I saw it numerous times in the theater. I honestly liked it then, but I kept going with this hot blonde that I wanted so bad. Never ever hooked up with her or even kissed her, lol. She ended up getting addicted to meth in college and fucking a bunch of her drug dealers.

u were her raft and you let her sink

• 1Worf
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database