Titanic (1997)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
She promised to never let go, and the second I froze she let go and pushed me down into the water.

bro, you should have just grabbed her by the pussy and held on

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Or you know .. share the raft. Like 3 more people could have fit on that thing

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bro she invaded his. Either move over or find your own raft. Lady, you ain't that hot.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Or you know .. share the raft. Like 3 more people could have fit on that thing
I realize that most dude's brains have completely shut down by that point of the movie but this really isn't true.

A) He tried to climb up onto the debris after he got Rose onto it and couldn't do it without spilling Rose into the water

B) Oak (which is what the internal paneling of the Titanic was built with) would not have had the buoyancy to keep two waterlogged adults out of the freezing water, in fact it's questionable whether it would have actually kept Rose dry enough to be rescued with Jack clinging to an edge the way he was.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I realize that most dude's brains have completely shut down by that point of the movie but this really isn't true.

A) He tried to climb up onto the debris after he got Rose onto it and couldn't do it without spilling Rose into the water

B) Oak (which is what the internal paneling of the Titanic was built with) would not have had the buoyancy to keep two waterlogged adults out of the freezing water, in fact it's questionable whether it would have actually kept Rose dry enough to be rescued with Jack clinging to an edge the way he was.
Yo, Gavin, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but I haven't read this thread but I KNOW my boys out there in the FOH movie forum were straight JACKIN to this undercover softcore fappin flick back in the day cuz my girl Kate got the most picture perfect bush of all time!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

lucky you arent a scientist with a handlbar mustache that can melt pussies at a single glance.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lucky you arent a scientist with a handlbar mustache that can melt pussies at a single glance.
So two adult males with a modern understanding of physics in practical safety gear and a controlled environment were able to do what was impossible for a young grifter and a sheltered teenage girl 100 years ago.

Amazing.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So two adult males with a modern understanding of physics in practical safety gear and a controlled environment were able to do what was impossible for a young grifter and a sheltered teenage girl 100 years ago.

Amazing.
moving-the-goalposts-gif-1.gif

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
or Rose could have stayed in the lifeboat, Jack could survive by having the whole board to himself, and happy reunion on the first ship to respond.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Amazing.

So, the oak door was floating at a kind of angle, and what happened is they both tried to climb on and it flipped over. He could have swam around to the high side and tried to board there, and probably would have been fine.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, the oak door was floating at a kind of angle, and what happened is they both tried to climb on and it flipped over. He could have swam around to the high side and tried to board there, and probably would have been fine.
a piece of oak wall panel would not have enough buoyancy to keep them both out of the water, it was just barely floating high enough to keep Rose out of the water. If he'd been able to climb aboard the piece of debris would have swamped and they both would have froze to death.

In fact I'm calling bullshit on the Mythbusters that Chukzombi Chukzombi posted after watching it because their piece of debris was swamped with both of them on it and they would have frozen to death before being rescued if they'd been in the same (fictional) situation as Rose and Jack.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
a piece of oak wall panel would not have enough buoyancy to keep them both out of the water, it was just barely floating high enough to keep Rose out of the water. If he'd been able to climb aboard the piece of debris would have swamped and they both would have froze to death.

In fact I'm calling bullshit on the Mythbusters that Chukzombi Chukzombi posted after watching it because their piece of debris was swamped with both of them on it and they would have frozen to death before being rescued if they'd been in the same (fictional) situation as Rose and Jack.

Honestly this is among the stupidest of internet arguments ever, I just wanted to give you credit for starting it. I couldn't possibly care less if Jack and Rose both could have lived. He already fucked her, probably was ready to move on to something else anyway!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Honestly this is among the stupidest of internet arguments ever, I just wanted to give you credit for starting it. I couldn't possibly care less if Jack and Rose both could have lived. He already fucked her, probably was ready to move on to something else anyway!
Yeah I don't really care but god damn stupid arguments are fun.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

if only you would stop moving the goalposts. your original point was that it wasnt bouyant enough and its been proven that it was. Adam and Jamie are not a small woman and a skinny guy like Leo. their combined weight would be signifigantly less than those 2 which would keep them further above water, neither of them would have drowned and they would have been less in the water. its also important to note that both Rose and Jack were already soaked when they got in the water so Rose couldnt possibly get any wetter than she already was.

lets move on.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
if only you would stop moving the goalposts. your original point was that it wasnt bouyant enough and its been proven that it was. Adam and Jamie are not a small woman and a skinny guy like Leo. their combined weight would be signifigantly less than those 2 which would keep them further above water, neither of them would have drowned and they would have been less in the water. its also important to note that both Rose and Jack were already soaked when they got in the water so Rose couldnt possibly get any wetter than she already was.

lets move on.

In other words you have no understanding of thermodynamics and don't realize how much quicker someone freezes to death when even partially submerged in cold water compared to just cold air.

• 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
In other words you have no understanding of thermodynamics and don't realize how much quicker someone freezes to death when even partially submerged in cold water compared to just cold air.
think what you want, but your argument was already debunked over a decade ago by an actual scientist and not an internet scientist.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
think what you want, but your argument was already debunked over a decade ago by an actual scientist and not an internet scientist.
Adam Savage is a failed actor with no actual scientific degree who thinks gender is a spectrum, Jamie Hyneman has a degree in Russian linguistics.

So who is this "actual scientist" you're talking about?

• 1Picard