Togetherness

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 thumbs up bros. hbo has another winner.

Togetherness | HBO Official Site

The spark in parents Brett and Michelle Pierson's marriage is all but extinguished. When his best friend, out-of-work actor Alex, and Michelle's sister Tina move in with the Piersons in Los Angeles, the four adults try to remain good friends/siblings/spouses while achieving their personal goals: Sound designer Brett, pushing 40, wants to rediscover himself; Michelle wishes to rekindle passion for life; Tina tries to get her bounce-castle business off the ground; and Alex takes yet another shot at an acting career.

Has Mark Duplass (The League) and Amanda Peete.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Everyone was whiny and pathetic and completely unlikable?

If I wanted that, I'd read twitter all night.

I honestly think HBO is pumping out too many shows about mundane shit. Need more Boardwalk Empire/Game of Thrones and less whiny Gen-Xers.

PS: I think Girls fucking sucks too.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
did you watch both episodes? I found it pretty entertaining overall. Definitely enough to follow the series.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This thread fails, because nowhere in it do I get even a hint of wtf this show is about. No blurb, no trailer, no actors, no nothing. F-. Only redeeming comment is Barab's about the tit scene.

Off to google wtf you guys are talking about.

EDIT:

Here you go, you're welcome:

The spark in parents Brett and Michelle Pierson's marriage is all but extinguished. When his best friend, out-of-work actor Alex, and Michelle's sister Tina move in with the Piersons in Los Angeles, the four adults try to remain good friends/siblings/spouses while achieving their personal goals: Sound designer Brett, pushing 40, wants to rediscover himself; Michelle wishes to rekindle passion for life; Tina tries to get her bounce-castle business off the ground; and Alex takes yet another shot at an acting career.

Has Mark Duplass (The League) and Amanda Peete.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My bad! Thought I had link in op.ill even use your blurb since you're being a sweetheart about it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First episode was indeed pretty blah. Second episode 100% redeemed it. I'm a big fan of the Duplass brothers style of indie mumblecore quirky whatever the fuck comedies so I came in expecting to like it. But from the end of the first episode it's been a lot funnier than their usual(Cyrus, Jeff Who Lives at Home. It's still got their style, but it's a much more straightforward and flat out funny thing than their movies. I guess it makes sense, the movies generally only cover a day or a short time period and you can stay weird and sort of off-center for a 90 minute movie. For an ongoing series it needs to be a little more grounded.

Amanda Peet and the loser friend together are particularly great. Really funny playing off each other. Looking forward to more of the show.