Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Season 2 dropped yesterday. Enjoyed it, but maybe not as much as the first season.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Other than the random kid in the jungle that comes and steals the stuff from the dude who had decided to leave the boat when he was the designated driver then gets lost, then kid runs off like tarzan to later chill and read a comic book in the middle of no where before the other guys come find him.. yeah enjoyable I guess.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
There are aspects of the setup that were annoying but overall pretty good.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
My main annoyance is I don't want to have to read subs for more than half the show.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was enjoying season 2 till Uber Deluxe ran off like a idiot. Talk about shitty writing.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I was enjoying season 2 till Uber Deluxe ran off like a idiot. Talk about shitty writing.

Yeah I didnt understand why he ran off like that. I guess they were about to find the boat so maybe go and hide somewhere for a bit, but why just walk off like that?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I expected when that happened he'd pull out the LED thing they made a point of mentioning and they'd pick him up just up the coast or something. It's not like the bad guys were running down the beach.

I understand why he jumped out, if they made it to the boat he was fucked, everything after that in the jungle I just didn't like for the balance of the show for the most part.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I don't know what show you guys were binging, but this ended good.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know what show you guys were binging, but this ended good.

I dunno what FoH site you are reading, this is people being nice about a show ;)

...dude get stabbed in the leg a few times and then the Eye, and bolts outrunning Greer. OK dude has a heart condition. Will let that slide. In the next day or two same dude is getting chased on rooftops like he is not impaired at all... I am the master of suspension of disbelief but that really got me heh.

On Ep 5, so far I am enjoying it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
It was an enjoyable enough way to fill time. Kudos to Prime for making the episodes 40-42 minutes, BUT it wasn't exactly an espionage show.
It was more of a culmination of smaller (non-world-changing) plots sewn together. Never did quite understand what the purpose of the assassination plot was? But then again, I didn't get the point of the election plot, the spy-who-loves-me plot, the killer elite plot, the satellite technology plot, the precious metal plot, the mercenaries gone wild plot ,or the dumb marines (or were they seals?) in the jungle plot... It was like a quilt sewn together of short stories.

It was certainly not on the level of complexity or drama as "The Little Drummer Girl" or "The Night Manager" series... But it was good enough, fairly mindless, fun...

Clancy, as a writer, does much better than Amazon Prime does with his material.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Convoy ambushed and blown up is used in every single Tom Clancy movie/show, Jack has survived 6 such encounters.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I also like the whole scene where they were trying to escape the embassy, so jack and the embassy head dude are out in the country and here comes a fucking truck with a mounted 50 cal machine gun spraying down the piddly little foreign car, while they are just chilling behind it. And then the embassy dude pulls out his bazooka and assplodes the truck, then they both get in the sprayed down car and drive away like nothing happened, lul. So many things wrong with that scene.

• 1Solidarity

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
"I also like the whole scene where they were trying to escape the embassy, so jack and the embassy head dude are out in the country and here comes a fucking truck with a mounted 50 cal machine gun spraying down the piddly little foreign car, while they are just chilling behind it. And then the embassy dude pulls out his bazooka and assplodes the truck, then they both get in the sprayed down car and drive away like nothing happened, lul. So many things wrong with that scene"

Ha ha ha! I know! Even BETTER was that car was having stupid, inexplicable, plot-thickening (not-really) malfunctions BEFORE it got perforated with enough uranium-tipped rounds to sink a submarine! Then it worked just fine! Maybe that explains why hitting the soda machine makes it work...

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Every time I see a movie or show that uses that kind of plot gimmick I cannot help but think of this skit

Oldbased

> Than U
I liked it. I felt like often things were filmed, surely to hell, that explained the why's and what was going on but must have got cut and we were left with just the action scenes.
In short, I liked it but damn I got some questions.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
This show is miscast. Tall Teddy Ruxpin/Ewok guy and mean black guy are totally miscast.

Fadaar

That guy
This show is dumb but Greer was generally my favorite part of season 1. Will probably binge through s2 this weekend.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
OK I liked the show but I think this might be the most farfetched Tom Clancy ever. To the point where I was laughing. I mean a senator dies in a foreign county and it's not all hands on deck? It was kinda like people were like Eh, that sucks, life goes on as normal.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not as good as S1. This really has nearly zero to do with Clancy's version of Jack aside from the name and stuff. II tend to forget about Jack Ryan and just view this as as sort of an Amazon original spy story and it's better that way. Isn't the Greer actor Bunk from the Wire?

Also, Noomi Rapace is just abysmal. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is her one and only good performance (and it is amazing), but everything she has done since is just shit.