Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When I thought they'd hire more competent writers than season one (can't go to yemen lol), this season is so bad it's funny: a US senator got assassinated on foreign ground, let's not make a big deal out of it!

Also, top level spies putting microphones on hotel lamps, everyone has immediate top secret intelligence access while being rogue, rerouting navy ships into hostile seas is a "favor" and mind you, almost every protagonist has a love history with each other. Especially that femme fatale in the hotel lounge, eyefucking you while you're just being here for the plot. Which is the main antagonist's girlfriend because why not?

Then, let's lure the main antagonist in a public place, he's a high skilled top operative, what could go wrong? Hah, maybe he'll holster his gun up and got killed before revealing his big secret. Of course he conveniently had a family interest near, you need leverage so you just write him some random daughter who lives out in the open. Why would he do that? He probably doesn't know because his former girlfriend who he shot the same day managed to get here and headshot him just when he was to deliver plot info.

And you get "that" scene. The scene where at some point, everyone in the production team took their fucks and went somewhere else. "That scene" is when Doug, CIA Chief Of Station, goes to some fancy restaurant to threaten Venezuela's General Arriba or whatever his name is. General Arriba is here wondering about his life on the toilets, CIA Doug comes and he's like '"we own you", general Arriba answers "what if I tell President Reyes you're threatening me?" and CIA Doug answers something like "who said I'm even CIA?"

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This show is miscast. Tall Teddy Ruxpin/Ewok guy and mean black guy are totally miscast.

The Bunk is never miscast, you take that back you whore.

(lol, I agree, Ryan is Miscast. Bunk is probably a little too street to be Greer, but he makes it work. He's got that "angry, cynical bureaucrat" thing down).

Fucker

Log Wizard
When I thought they'd hire more competent writers than season one (can't go to yemen lol), this season is so bad it's funny: a US senator got assassinated on foreign ground, let's not make a big deal out of it!

Also, top level spies putting microphones on hotel lamps, everyone has immediate top secret intelligence access while being rogue, rerouting navy ships into hostile seas is a "favor" and mind you, almost every protagonist has a love history with each other. Especially that femme fatale in the hotel lounge, eyefucking you while you're just being here for the plot. Which is the main antagonist's girlfriend because why not?

Then, let's lure the main antagonist in a public place, he's a high skilled top operative, what could go wrong? Hah, maybe he'll holster his gun up and got killed before revealing his big secret. Of course he conveniently had a family interest near, you need leverage so you just write him some random daughter who lives out in the open. Why would he do that? He probably doesn't know because his former girlfriend who he shot the same day managed to get here and headshot him just when he was to deliver plot info.

And you get "that" scene. The scene where at some point, everyone in the production team took their fucks and went somewhere else. "That scene" is when Doug, CIA Chief Of Station, goes to some fancy restaurant to threaten Venezuela's General Arriba or whatever his name is. General Arriba is here wondering about his life on the toilets, CIA Doug comes and he's like '"we own you", general Arriba answers "what if I tell President Reyes you're threatening me?" and CIA Doug answers something like "who said I'm even CIA?"

I tuned out after they ripped off the SUV ambush footage from one of the movies. Recycling previous work is just plain lazy.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The bunk is never miscast when you can photoshop a laminate "B.P.D. Homicide" collar on any of his suits.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
One of the Harrison Ford Jack Ryan movies did the motorcade assassination scene much better than this one. If you are going to rip off another scene from your own prior booted character show at least have the skill to do it better.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just binged the whole series since I had a day to play some ESO and needed some background noise. The writing on the show is retarded but the cast decent. The Jack Ryan guy always looks way to serious. I hope it gets another season because Wendell Pierce(bunk) is always entertaining.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Spoilers ahead.

This second season was so incredibly dumb. Absolutely horrid writing, way worse than the first one. It's a deceiving show because it has great production values and good actors in it.

First, even though the Senator's assassination is motivating the story, it doesn't seem like it's being treated as the big deal it would be. Everyone but Ryan is acting hamstrung investigating it? LOL. Come on.

Greer and Ryan go with three special ops on a mission into the fucking jungle with zero prior training, targeting a camp with like 40 armed soldiers in it. And this is with fat Greer having heart issues. Not only that, their boat operator they hire only the day before and have never worked together as a team (and of course the boat guy thinks he's Rambo and gets lost). Sure, Ryan was a marine, but that was quite a while ago now? Plus, he had all those back issues in the first season but he's totally fine now.

This whole season turned Jack Ryan into a fucking super soldier, almost superman, except for the second he's about to die and someone shoots a bad guy in the head from behind.

They fucking assaulted a presidential palace with five guys -- three spec ops, Jack Ryan, and a fucking CIA station chief, lol. It was so dumb. They fly into the palace like it's a fucking airport, absolutely no air defense or even soldiers on the roof. When a real soldier gets injured, instead of having Doug Stamper take him to safety, they make one of the other real soldiers do it, lol. Then, not only do they 360 no scope headshot every dude they see, Ryan is able to get directly to the corrupt President and beat him up before doing the "smart" thing and not killing him, despite having already committed various acts of war. Ryan disobeyed almost every order and was off book half the time and it's no big deal.

Also, they spent a TON of time with the Cathy character last season only for her to not even be mentioned at all in this one.

This felt like a reimagining of Clear and Present Danger but it completely shits on that great movie. I'm pretty sure Ford's Ryan never even handled a gun in that movie? It truly is a Michael Bay production, through and through.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wendell Pierce

Just kill off Ryan and make him the series focus. Better character and better actor. Not going to happen given the source material, but it would be a much better show. It's not watchable as it is.

Lenthan

Molten Core Raider
Resurrected. 3rd season is out. Starts fast and am enjoying it. Much better than season 2. Lot of action.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
just watch Echo 3 if you want credible CIA, special forces stuff. It's not "perfect" but it's a solid 7/10

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenthan

Molten Core Raider
Finished season 3. I enjoyed it. Less ludicrous than season 2, maybe. A plausible plot that could potentially happen? Yeah, I think so.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean its fucking fiction of the highest order. This shit is prob 1% accurate, to RL, lol. Who gives a shit if it could happen or not, just enjoy the ride.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Season 1, we was a rookie analyst forced into the field. Great show

Season 2, he over threw a government with the help of 1 person

Glad to hear season 3 is better, I'll watch after the recruit

• 1Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This one was better. It was a little more well rounded and had a descent story. It is worth watching.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I never finished season 2 and dont really want to, can I just watch season 3 without knowledge of season 2?

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
You don't really need to know anything about season 2 for this season. Other than Jack and Greer, I think the only character returning from season 2 is Mike November and you know all you need to know about him within 15 seconds. In fact the only other character I recognized at all was the Turkish pimp/smuggler from S1 which is literally how they reintroduce him so you don't really need to remember anything about him either.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remembered nothing about season 2. They do a good job of introduction of characters from previous seasons while taking no real time to do it. I would go as far to say this season was the best season so far. I am not sure how they increase a threat larger than what this one was but I guess biological might work.