Tom Clancy's The Division

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
That is not impressive at all. Considering those cities were cut and supposed to be in at launch to begin with.

And a horde mode? Jesus Christ is that all they can come up with? The rest of the unpaid seems like they just cut out a few missions and will add them back in later.

Combine that with the lack of any full reviews before launch, and I may hold back now. Will have to see what those who jump on the Ubi grenade say first.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I expect large scale stuff will be confined to ad hoc events like the incursions, if that. no 'raids' to work through.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do a lot of you still play games 6 months after release?

Maybe I have gaming ADD, or because I'm getting older, but at best I'll probably play something for 2 months. I honestly don't give much of a shit about their plans for December. I'll buy this, enjoy it for 1-2 months, and then move onto something else.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I have gaming ADD for sure, I expect The Division to be a game I fire up from time to time and keep tinkering with though.

Column_sl

shitlord

Maybe I have gaming ADD, or because I'm getting older, but at best I'll probably play something for 2 months. I honestly don't give much of a shit about their plans for December. I'll buy this, enjoy it for 1-2 months, and then move onto something else.
Well yeah if it's a MMO/Diablo type. That's the whole damn point.......

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Nope i play nothing longer than 1-2 months unless its like an MMO - Even Destiny vanilla was the same because i geared out and got bored. Also Ut alot of sights commented on no reviews b/c its an MP game with no online servers being open and they werent going to review it based off beta content. Its not really surprising since its happened quite a few in the past to other games. So no reason to buy day 1 if youre super hesitant(OR SALTY!!! :p), im pretty sure of what im getting into with them not mentioning multi group content(at all) and just feeding us other info. In the end its fine since i want to jump into BDO when i get tired of TCTD.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well yeah if it's a MMO/Diablo type. That's the whole damn point.......
I can't think of many MMO's that this didn't apply to either. Aion, TERA, Archeage, Blade and Soul, FFXIV; I don't think I put more than 2 months into any of them.

Really EQ and WoW are the only ones I spent significant time on, and those were when I was in my teens and early 20's, and also over a decade ago.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Nope i play nothing longer than 1-2 months unless its like an MMO - Even Destiny vanilla was the same because i geared out and got bored. Also Ut alot of sights commented on no reviews b/c its an MP game with no online servers being open and they werent going to review it based off beta content. Its not really surprising since its happened quite a few in the past to other games. So no reason to buy day 1 if youre super hesitant(OR SALTY!!! :p), im pretty sure of what im getting into with them not mentioning multi group content(at all) and just feeding us other info. In the end its fine since i want to jump into BDO when i get tired of TCTD.
I am not buying Ubisoft's excuse for that at all. They can fire up a demo server for journalists and they would be able to play through the game just fine. There would be more than enough people to play with. They do not want the bad reviews to cancel pre-orders. Pure and simple. Those that liked the beta, well, a lot of those folks from what I can gather, all have concerns about the content included. Reviews would be able to let everyone know exactly how much content is actually in the game that is meaningful and not what may be a bunch of randomized POI's utilizing a dynamic generation system.

Column_sl

shitlord
I can't think of many MMO's that this didn't apply to either. Aion, TERA, Archeage, Blade and Soul, FFXIV; I don't think I put more than 2 months into any of them.

Really EQ and WoW are the only ones I spent significant time on, and those were when I was in my teens and early 20's, and also over a decade ago.
Yeah but that is on you, they are designed to be played for years... What you think about that genre is irrelevant.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah but that is on you, they are designed to be played for years... What you think about that genre is irrelevant.
Well that's why I started that post with essentially "Hey, are you all playing like I do, or are you actually sticking around for these games for 6+ months?"

And while they may be designed to be played for years, are YOU actually playing them that long? It doesn't matter if Ubisoft has a 20 year plan for this game if no one is going to stick around for more than a year.

Column_sl

shitlord
Who are you asking tho? The trolls that inhabit this board who barely game at all, or the MMO/Diablo demographic..

It's pretty obvious that if people weren't playing these game past the original launch then there would be no need for any new content..

Destiny which is the closest game to the Division people are definitely playing past year one.. Diablo, and it's clones the same deal.

They are online experiences designed to be played for years.... It's not a story mode that is won then done.

Your whole point of if it's a bad game doesn't mean anything. The Genre as a whole is in demand.

You are pretty much asking why do people play massive player online games for years? Which is absolutely retarded.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
That actually looks pretty okay to me. I get the impression that "Incursions" are what they are doing in lieu of raids or perhaps as a filler until they get the resources needed to be able to do raids in a way that makes sense in NYC

sebur

Bronze Squire
Am I the only one who doesn't want raids and would just rather really hard content for my group of 4 friends?

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I wonder if Incursions are essentially public quests. Use the extraction mechanic in PvE, put it on the map, spawn bad guys, hand out loot.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I am not buying Ubisoft's excuse for that at all. They can fire up a demo server for journalists and they would be able to play through the game just fine. There would be more than enough people to play with. They do not want the bad reviews to cancel pre-orders. Pure and simple. Those that liked the beta, well, a lot of those folks from what I can gather, all have concerns about the content included. Reviews would be able to let everyone know exactly how much content is actually in the game that is meaningful and not what may be a bunch of randomized POI's utilizing a dynamic generation system.
Bone to pick? Its not like its just Ubi you know - alot of sites say the same thing about "such and such is mostly MP and with servers offline till release we will have our review up a few days following". Its really just not only a Ubi thing, sure they may be a shit company on alot of fronts but cant blame everything on them,...just most of it!

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
There needs to be more random events that happen. Example: The Cleaners decide to show up somewhere and attack a building or friendly strong point. Then while out walking around you get a notification pop up with a call to help allowing all players in the immediate vicinity to all come together to help out (like a dynamic public quest system that hands out rewards and loot for helping) Now.. I only played the beta, so hopefully there are things like this available but I never saw anything outside of just static groups of hostile npc's standing around you could attack like a pack of mobs in d3. The world you were walking around did not seem alive or dynamic at all.