Tom Clancy's The Division

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Pre-Ordered this on Amazon and received my Beta notice. Hopefully I'll receive an Alpha invite as well.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pre-Ordered this on Amazon and received my Beta notice. Hopefully I'll receive an Alpha invite as well.
Alpha is over. However, the Beta for all platforms should be early next year.

Some interesting stats from the Alpha forum:

During this Alpha that gathered thousands of players from all around the world, we?ve seen tons of different behaviors as each one of you approached the game differently.
In a span of three days,66%of you completed all Main and Side missions.43%made it to the Dark Zone, and32%extracted at least one item. In the meantime,11%of you went Rogue with an average of6kills per Rogue agent (vs 5 for non-Rogue agents).

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Beta starts on Jan 28th for Xbone and Jan 29th for PS4 and PC. Ends on Jan 31st for all three...

A 3 day Beta doesn't seem like much of a test environment, they must be pretty confident of the base content and only doing this for marketing and server load reasons.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The Alpha was pretty legit and stable, but when i think of it now i wonder about the content also. I have a feeling it will max at L20 and end up being like Destiny. However i did have a ton of fun with the limited alpha content so hopefully they dont fuck up.

spronk

FPS noob
its going to be a clusterfuck of a game, where basically trolls just camp the dropoff points killing newbies bringing in loot, who lose all their shit and rage quit. forcing PVP in pve games is just a dumb, dumb idea.

it's like at the end of a destiny raid you suddenly had to play a game of iron banner and if you died you lost all the loot you got in the raid.

i'll definitely be playing day zero though, these kind of games have insanely hilarious exploits at launch. good ol' loot cave... or solo'ing atheon...

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
its going to be a clusterfuck of a game, where basically trolls just camp the dropoff points killing newbies bringing in loot, who lose all their shit and rage quit. forcing PVP in pve games is just a dumb, dumb idea.

it's like at the end of a destiny raid you suddenly had to play a game of iron banner and if you died you lost all the loot you got in the raid.

i'll definitely be playing day zero though, these kind of games have insanely hilarious exploits at launch. good ol' loot cave... or solo'ing atheon...
Nobody knows exactly how it works but I don't think you have to go to the PvP areas at all.

I think its great that a game is doing something different for once. Who wants another open world PvE type game with PvP queues? PvP without any risk is boring. I wish Bungie would grow some balls and do something like this.

Sulrn

Deuces

Looks like they managed to salvage this after the identity crisis, but still not sure if this a buy at release game or not.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Did you play the Alpha? The game played thus far is very solid - The PVP is optional if you want to do it but id suggest you go in with friends and not solo unless youre ready to be merc'd at random. The beta is at the end of the month so best for ppl to check it out for themselves.

Sulrn

Deuces
I did not play Alpha, no. From everything I hear/see the game is indeed solid - that's not my concern. My concern is that there's going to be a lack of content.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah im pretty curious about that as wlel - from what ive seen on videos the max level is 20 - i was able to get to 8 on the Alpha and i only did one story mission. Im hoping it has a good bit to do after you max level and something akin to a raid story or something.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Anybody that played the Alpha know if the Pre-order gun is any good? It is a P416 Assault Rifle. Just curious since I might Pre-order it although I kinda wanna see if I can get in beta but I am undecided on what I want to do.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bout an hour of Angry Joe gameplay. Some areas we haven't seen. Graphics look average, but he did say that the PC port looks far superior and that they appear to be taking it seriously. Gameplay looks decent.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The graphics on the xb1 were actually really good, id just blame shitty youtube compression. Also as far the gun i cant comment, i only used marksman rifles and shotguns.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So what is this now, CoD lite with new mp modes or actually anything like the MMOish ground control thing they previewed it as during the initial announcement?

Column_sl

shitlord
Looks like Destiny to me with 3rd person ,and cover mechanics.

Joe says it actually has a story tho. Will be interesting if the pvp is really good. The double agent thing has me interested.

Can't wait for the beta

Column_sl

shitlord
Bout an hour of Angry Joe gameplay. Some areas we haven't seen. Graphics look average, but he did say that the PC port looks far superior and that they appear to be taking it seriously. Gameplay looks decent.

Joe said they were playing on the 360 version, and the other ports look good