Tom Clancy's The Division

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It's 15 waves and the main enemy is the APC - it's already inherent in the game mechanics because you are tossing bombs at it from pick ups of dead enemies after each wave. They were obtuse on upcoming incursions. What you saw in the stream is the incursion we are getting and it was the whole deal. 15 wave survival mode with objects thrown in to destroy the APC. Without checkpoints. One weekly reward that is greater than the rest of the times you run it. At least it's different, but it's still a glorified survival mode people will run once a week for a set gear piece, and I am guessing some other high end gear and purps will drop from multiple runs. PUGS will get their ass kicked
smile.png

There isn't anything else.

At least it is different, and they commented on more mechanics and mission styles which is good, but they need to start pumping these out about 2 times a month for hardcore players. It doesn't effect me because I am super casual.
Hmm maybe i just missed it, i didnt see anything said about the actual methods used in the encounters and i was on xbl chat w/ some peeps watching the same thing and talking over the stream.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ut: grind the united nations mission on hard until you're kitted in full purples, it's like minimum 8 per run and it's stupid easy even with poverty gear. Then move on to the tunnel mission on challenging, you'll be grinding this for a while. Somewhere around like 100-120k sheet dps you'll want to move on to farming russian consulate. It's not nearly as hard as people make it out to be, and unless it's the daily only relatively similarly geared people queue for it. Even without the sploit farm hornet is worth farming, as he drops ilvl 31 high ends, including weapons, which unless you wanna grind DZ to 50 and farm DZ tech forever (fuck that), is the only source of high end weapons besides the vector.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I finally got around to testing that trapped cover mod and can confirm, it's fucked and works backwards. My scan with the increased damage vs scanned targets produces M4 headshots of about 350-380k depending on what you're shooting. Using cover + trapped M4 headshots are in the 420-450k range, so the damage bonus it's providing is someplace near like 80-90% (scan crit damage % is at like 65 in my build), and gives you pretty significant damage reduction as well. It's damn near godmode for grinding pve.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
The nice part about this is that I'm not paying for a monthly sub like back in the EQ days, and with lots of new games I want to play coming out(DS3!), I can put this on the shelf for a while and come back when there's a bunch of new content (not just a single incursion) to come back to

Variise

N00b
Pretty sure the UN mission is 2-6 PC on Hard. That has been my experience. You get 3 sets of purple drops so it's good for mat farming (except Tools and Electronics) but that's about it. There is no variety so after a few runs you might have 10-15 phoenix credits if you are very lucky and bored to tears if you keep having to use the same weapon. There is no ADS so you can't even force immersion unless you equip a massive scope. At which point the weapon becomes almost impossible to aim.

This game has a lot of problems to overcome before it can be loved.

I'll stick to the 2 Hard Mode missions a night until shit gets fixed.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Level 20, and hopping on now for the rest of the night. Hope to just grind it out to 30 over the next 6 hours or so. On PC, uPlay name: BigCrone

Add me if you want to do anything!

Edit: Anyone else having brightness and flickering graphic bugs? Making it really hard to play. The worst part is, that google searching brings up similar issues with The Crew and Watchdogs, so it seems to be a video card issue across a number of Ubi's games. Updated graphics drivers, and didn't fix the problem.
frown.png

Edit: Installing new graphics driver that are beta drivers, with warnings written all over them that I should try upgrading my graphics card to a more modern card. lol

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ut: grind the united nations mission on hard until you're kitted in full purples, it's like minimum 8 per run and it's stupid easy even with poverty gear. Then move on to the tunnel mission on challenging, you'll be grinding this for a while. Somewhere around like 100-120k sheet dps you'll want to move on to farming russian consulate. It's not nearly as hard as people make it out to be, and unless it's the daily only relatively similarly geared people queue for it. Even without the sploit farm hornet is worth farming, as he drops ilvl 31 high ends, including weapons, which unless you wanna grind DZ to 50 and farm DZ tech forever (fuck that), is the only source of high end weapons besides the vector.
Ok sounds good. I also like those missions so that works
smile.png
Thanks Bud.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Level 20, and hopping on now for the rest of the night. Hope to just grind it out to 30 over the next 6 hours or so. On PC, uPlay name: BigCrone

Add me if you want to do anything!

Edit: Anyone else having brightness and flickering graphic bugs? Making it really hard to play. The worst part is, that google searching brings up similar issues with The Crew and Watchdogs, so it seems to be a video card issue across a number of Ubi's games. Updated graphics drivers, and didn't fix the problem.
frown.png

Edit: Installing new graphics driver that are beta drivers, with warnings written all over them that I should try upgrading my graphics card to a more modern card. lol
I had a lot of artifacting and such with my old card (it was 5years old) so I went ahead and purchased a gtx 970, immediately was able to play on ultra setting with a 45+ fps and no more artifacting. If you can afford to pull the trigger on a new gpu, I would.

Crone

I had a lot of artifacting and such with my old card (it was 5years old) so I went ahead and purchased a gtx 970, immediately was able to play on ultra setting with a 45+ fps and no more artifacting. If you can afford to pull the trigger on a new gpu, I would.
The new drivers seems to have helped out a lot. I don't get graphics bugs nearly as much now. Used to be within 15 minutes I'd start having them, but now, I can go hours.

Up to level 24 now. Can't wait to hit 30 and start farming the gear.

Edit: Oh, and I for sure am going with a GTX 970, just waiting for the price to drop after Pascal releases. When they hit around $200 I'll pull the trigger.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The new drivers seems to have helped out a lot. I don't get graphics bugs nearly as much now. Used to be within 15 minutes I'd start having them, but now, I can go hours.

Up to level 24 now. Can't wait to hit 30 and start farming the gear.

Edit: Oh, and I for sure am going with a GTX 970, just waiting for the price to drop after Pascal releases. When they hit around $200 I'll pull the trigger.
I can guarantee you the GTX 1070 will eclipse the 980ti in power, and will be the same price as the 970 today. So that would be a very stupid move.

Crone

I can guarantee you the GTX 1070 will eclipse the 980ti in power, and will be the same price as the 970 today. So that would be a very stupid move.
That of course is the other option. I hadn't read or seen anything released on specs for the new Pascal cards. If they are that much better, than for sure I'll do that instead.

Edit: This is the crazy graphics stuff I'm dealing with...

If I go inside that building, the entire screen stays white, and I can't see shit. Goes away if I go into another area.

spronk

FPS noob
don't worry about gear until you hit 30 just run missions and side missions if you are too low level, you can solo everything to 30 and its pretty easy (matchmake missions if you are lonely i guess). just like wow no doubt there are people out there running chars to 30 just by punching, using the starter gear, only using grenades or turrets, etc

the real gear grind begins at 30 and its long, black, and hard

Devlin

Golden Squire
I wish they would sort out the stats bug.

Standing in the BoO stats go up, stats go down, you can't explain it.

Crone

Any good early level farming spots? I'm level 11 and feel like my gear is garbage tier.
My issue too. Feel like the lack of gear drops is really hurting me early.
The best gear I've gotten have always come from the matchmaking missions. If you out level the mission, that's a good thing, because the gear drops match your level, or are 1 level higher. That's always where I've gotten my best drops, so far up to level 25!