Tom Clancy's The Division

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yea, you will do fine.

On another note, the mission instances are all fubar lately. Not reseting or some wierd lag.
What was happening to me was joining a mission (UN on hard). I fast travel to the mission point, go to hard mode, quick match it, hit R3 to join, and after a loading screen end up in a damn safe house. Wtf. Happened two times in a row.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, it took me 3 tries to get Lexington's challenging daily today, before I got one that worked.

As far as running challenging, I have a RL friend that just hit 30 last night, and we ran the last mission on hard twice for purple gear. Just finished a run of Lincoln Tunnel and he did fine. I'd say go for it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it took me 3 tries to get Lexington's challenging daily today, before I got one that worked.

As far as running challenging, I have a RL friend that just hit 30 last night, and we ran the last mission on hard twice for purple gear. Just finished a run of Lincoln Tunnel and he did fine. I'd say go for it.
Ok cool.
smile.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'll grind out some lincoln tonight if anyone wants in. I'm probably pretty close to being able to solo it at this point so can carry whoever if you're fresh to 30. PC obviously, @ Obsequey.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm not 100% sure why people do Lincoln over Lexington. Maybe it's a dps thing? Lincoln has a timed event so that's a set amount of time whereas Lexington only has one timed portion (the rooftop with Sergeant Ramos after he's freed) and that's like 30 seconds max. Everything else can be forced by killing mobs. In pugs I was doing Lexington in about 15 minutes and with my group somewhere around 11 minutes.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's mostly a gear thing, yea. In Lincoln there's no runners, only the melee chumps, and no heavies either, so it's far easier for fresh 30s and ungeared people to just flail through it. You get relatively safe positions for all the fights as well so you can take as long as you need to pick everything off before advancing.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Just want to make sure... You can no longer farm the named elites (Chains, Bullet King, Strings, Apollo, etc) that free-roam outside DZ by killing them and then letting their guards kill you? About to hit 30 so was wanting to farm them if possible for some gear and HE drops (Caduceus rifle for instance).

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
nope, can only kill them once. If you let the guards kill you afterward, they will also permanently despawn

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Just want to make sure... You can no longer farm the named elites (Chains, Bullet King, Strings, Apollo, etc) that free-roam outside DZ by killing them and then letting their guards kill you? About to hit 30 so was wanting to farm them if possible for some gear and HE drops (Caduceus rifle for instance).
just hit 30 was well, took my time didnt really get into the game right away, any easy ways to gear up quick?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
just hit 30 was well, took my time didnt really get into the game right away, any easy ways to gear up quick?
Reposting from earlier:

grind the united nations mission on hard until you're kitted in full purples, it's like minimum 8 per run and it's stupid easy even with poverty gear. Then move on to the tunnel mission on challenging, you'll be grinding this for a while. Somewhere around like 100-120k sheet dps you'll want to move on to farming russian consulate. It's not nearly as hard as people make it out to be, and unless it's the daily only relatively similarly geared people queue for it. Even without the sploit farm hornet is worth farming, as he drops ilvl 31 high ends, including weapons, which unless you wanna grind DZ to 50 and farm DZ tech forever (fuck that), is the only source of high end weapons besides the vector.

Aside from that route do the two hardmode dailies for 30 phoenix credits total. You're first PC purchase should be the vektor blueprint, craft as many of those as you can. Out of like 10 vektors or so you're bound to find one that has at least like 2/3 good talents (you want some combination of armor shred/crit chance/crit damage/accuracy).

Once you have a decint-ish vektor and full purple gear you can likely just grind challenge mode missions as much as you want.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I snuck into a Tunnel Challenge Mode yesterday wearing mostly purples and riding on the coattails of people who clearly were pretty kitted out. Was a fun experience, but I can certainly see how it will take quite awhile to earn enough Phoenix Coins to reach a threshold where I deserve to be doing Challenge and thus able to earn a decent number of coins.

I see now the utility of having +max ammo and the talent that regenerates ammo as I was routinely running out of ammo during the mission. There was a ton of ammo on the field of battle, but seeing as we were perched way above that field and running to grab some would have been a quick path to hamburger it was still a problem. The MotherBox that regenerates ammo doesn't seem to be as generally useful unless you are just using a good marksman rifle since it doesn't generate near enough to keep you going even through the duration of the box.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So a friend of mine have been trying to play together, he's 27 and I'm 9. I'm assuming the enemies are supposed to show the appropriate level to me and him, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Is this a bug or something or just not possible?

Example: Sometimes the enemies show my level on my screen and his level on his screen, other times they are all skulls to me and I get one shotted constantly.

So can we play together or am I fucked and I'm going to have to level up beforehand?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
In general there is some degree of autoscaling in terms of which phase of a given area you are put into up to a certain max value, but as you are grouped you should both be in the same phase and thus seeing the same bad guys.

it may be that the extreme difference in your levels is breaking that system and it just can't handle what to do with you as a pairing.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Just got my High End Vector - and I have a couple high end items for armor gear. Is there a difference in gear that drops from different missions? Been running Lexington Event Center because it is so easy, but if higher end high end gear drops from Russian Consulate, I should probably start firing up those challenges pretty soon.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Finally randomed into a good DZ group, amazing how much of a difference it makes. Think I covered levels 38 and 39 in just the small amount of time I was grouped. That was offset by an obvious hacker one shotting everybody regardless of weapon who also seemed invulnerable. Pretty fucking annoying. Also lost 2 HE drops by some faggot consistently jumping in front of me at the extraction site, turning me rogue and letting his friends then just mow me down. Care more about the XP loss than some shit AR. Oh well...

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Looking to tear through some Hard/Challenges tonight. rush33 on pc. I will be on around 4pm central if anyone is starting that early.

Been running Lexington on challenging, but haven't done anything else on challenging. Hard dailies have become VERY easy.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
After glitching bosses from Lexington and Consulate, my patience to clear either for a drop that is statistically not going to do shit for me, is now very, very testing of my patience for this game. When glitching the Consulate, you could get 300 mats in an evening and not a single upgrade other than maybe a minor stat increase on a piece of equipment. Now you have to clear that shit the long way, for the same shit drop rates? Fuck you and fuck that. The addition of a yellow Div Tech is hardly enough encouragement to continue farming the instances. Let me be clear - 90% of my gear was obtained before I was aware of the glitches, and only did each a couple times with no gain other than mats (which gave me no upgrades after crafting, either). It's Diablo 3 without paragons, gems, or greater rifts right now.

My group are starting to go full Rogue as something to do that's actually fun instead of farming for nothing. Surviving man-hunts are relatively easy if you've memorized the DZ.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So a friend of mine have been trying to play together, he's 27 and I'm 9. I'm assuming the enemies are supposed to show the appropriate level to me and him, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Is this a bug or something or just not possible?

Example: Sometimes the enemies show my level on my screen and his level on his screen, other times they are all skulls to me and I get one shotted constantly.

So can we play together or am I fucked and I'm going to have to level up beforehand?
If he joins your game and you're running around the open city it'll be your level stuff. If you do a mission it'll scale to the highest level in the party (ie his) and you'll be fucked.