Tom Clancy's The Division

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think jumping off hardcore crafting is wise at this point. While getting upgrades is nice most of them are small upgrades at this point and risking burnout isn't really worth it to me at this point. I'm waiting to see what kind of loot incursions bring, I'd even wager a good bit of our crafted gear will be replaced by set items. So grinding crafts at this point seems masochistic.

They really need to increase the mats for breaking down level 30 items and make dropped loot more lucrative. If nothing else let us have a more rebust recalibration system.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So a friend of mine have been trying to play together, he's 27 and I'm 9. I'm assuming the enemies are supposed to show the appropriate level to me and him, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Is this a bug or something or just not possible?

Example: Sometimes the enemies show my level on my screen and his level on his screen, other times they are all skulls to me and I get one shotted constantly.

So can we play together or am I fucked and I'm going to have to level up beforehand?
Phasing has a lot to do with this. I just did pretty much the same thing with a friend, and when he would first teleport to me, the mobs would be all my level. If we ran a ways down the road and the phase would change, the mobs would change to his level minus 5. Friend was level 30, so they were all 25. The mobs would also be that level for any missions that we would run.

That's not a bad thing though if your friend can shred the mobs. Instead of like 40exp per kill, they give like 250 and it adds up very quickly. With running missions I was leveling fast.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bought the Liberator pattern last night, what a mistake! I know that the Vector isn't the end all be all, but it has so much more control than the Liberator.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'll ask again quick it may have been missed - Do Challenge missions, of the four we can do, differ in loot quality or is it all RNG HE gear regardless of the mission? For instance, am I going to get higher level HE gear out of Russian Consolate compared to Lexington Event Center? Or is it all based on the RNGesus.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
From my understanding, drops have a fixed percentage chance. Your scavenging skill determines what quality it is. So let's say the boss has a 100% chance to drop 3 items, with a 5% chance of one being a high end, and your scavenging is 100%, you'll have a 10% chance for any of the 3 dropped items to be high end. Likewise, maybe a normal mob has a 30% chance to drop an item, with a .1% chance to be high end. With your 100% scavenging, you'll have a 30% drop rate still, but with a .2% high end chance.

That said, and what I think you may be asking, for some reason I think Hornet (Russian Consulate) drops ilvl 31 items as opposed to the ilvl 30 items that the others drop. I can't confirm that part.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
From my understanding, drops have a fixed percentage chance. Your scavenging skill determines what quality it is. So let's say the boss has a 100% chance to drop 3 items, with a 5% chance of one being a high end, and your scavenging is 100%, you'll have a 10% chance for any of the 3 dropped items to be high end. Likewise, maybe a normal mob has a 30% chance to drop an item, with a .1% chance to be high end. With your 100% scavenging, you'll have a 30% drop rate still, but with a .2% high end chance.

That said, and what I think you may be asking, for some reason I think Hornet (Russian Consulate) drops ilvl 31 items as opposed to the ilvl 30 items that the others drop. I can't confirm that part.
Yeah that last part is what I am curious about. I am getting to the point where I should run the hardest Challenge, but if the rewards are the same acorss the 4 missions, there isn't a point in killing myself to get the same gear.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There probably isn't a point in killing yourself for gear because incursions will give better gear, and that's a week away.

I think the difficulty on them was overblown by the devs. More than likely they'll be on farm status for 90% of people within the first 2 weeks.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Another gear glitch? Running Lincoln Tunnel, and at the last part where you protect the dude, and take out the sniper boss at the very end. Killed the boss nearly first via sniper shots, then died to the 8+ dudes that's in between. Mission restarted from checkpoint. Boss was back, but the purples were still at the end. Might be tough to get all the way to the end, to loot the gear, without getting shredded, but thought it was weird that the purples and boss were back after it reloaded.

GonzytheMage

Crafting

Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:

10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material

15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material

10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item

Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:

Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2

Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2

Added new level 31 and 32 High-End items Blueprints to Vendors

Removed Division Tech requirements from some level 31 High-End Blueprints

Update 1.1: Incursions - Patch Notes | Latest news and content about Tom Clancys The Division game

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Another gear glitch? Running Lincoln Tunnel, and at the last part where you protect the dude, and take out the sniper boss at the very end. Killed the boss nearly first via sniper shots, then died to the 8+ dudes that's in between. Mission restarted from checkpoint. Boss was back, but the purples were still at the end. Might be tough to get all the way to the end, to loot the gear, without getting shredded, but thought it was weird that the purples and boss were back after it reloaded.
this happened to me the other day. the boss wont drop any more loot. just the one time. not sure about xp, if that matters to you.

Budos

I don't understand why they would go backwards on crafting materials instead of just making the new shit cost more. In essence they just made blue DT the shit.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Those crafting changes are a big "fuck you" to some of the new(er) players like myself. They're patching a lot more than Destiny, but the patches are going in the opposite way as they are screwing people more than helping.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think they may have just inadvertently destroyed their own game. We'll see what the new gear is like, but this doesn't bode well.

It also really screws casual and newer players.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This kills the game if it goes live. Unless the supply drops they are talking about are shitting out MASSIVE amounts of high end items the player base is going to vanish nearly instantly once that hits.

1500 green items worth of mats to craft one high end, are they out of their fucking minds?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This kills the game if it goes live. Unless the supply drops they are talking about are shitting out MASSIVE amounts of high end items the player base is going to vanish nearly instantly once that hits.

1500 green items worth of mats to craft one high end, are they out of their fucking minds?
Yep. The only thing that can counter it is how many mats would one get when running crafting assignments as rewards? Even with supply drops it forces people into the DZ where some may not want to go anyway because they do not like PvP and that is going to be a mess anyway (Probably a fun mess for those that like PvP). So they better have a reason to doing that but even then, let people choose how they want to gear up with options. DZ Supply, Crafting assignments, running challenges/missions and such - it shouldn't be up to the developer to force any given way to go about playing the game the player wants to play it. If they do not have a counter to the huge nerf here, they are screwed and this game is up shit creek.