Tom Clancy's The Division

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Games like TD i dont mind bc for the $60 i put in i got 7 full days played which isnt bad at all. Sure its seriously fucked on Pc but thankfully console isnt AS bad - Endgame we all knew or figured would be shit when they went dark on commenting about raids and the like - Currently we still dont have multigroup content and without it i just dont see this really competing with Destiny even if they fixed all the PC issues - which likely isnt happening in the next 2-3 months.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The day that the Overwatch Beta and Battleborn come out and the Division can't even get the daily missions to show up. Their 1.2 patch had better be freaking amazing...

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Apparently the devs somehow coded April 31st into the game.

There's no April 31st.

That's why the dailies are fucked this go around.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I call it right now.

Their "Hacker detection system" will look for people who get a significantly high rate of headshots in a single session and flag their account or an accuracy rating over a certain percentage that they deem "High".

There will be a ton of people banned for having too good of aim...

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Let me start with; I like this game. I like the game (thou Destiny has better gameplay) and the world is freaking amazing.

That said; I will not log in again until they fix all the fucking exploits. I dont have time, nor intrest in a "use the latest exploit until its patched and move on to next" armsrace. They need a total reset of this game, like Final Fantasy reset, if they want to keep a large playerbase.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I put like 150 hours into this game before April and then straight quit. Even buying the season pass and probably never playing the game again I still feel like I got a good time to money investment there. Everything went to shit when the hackers started rolling in en masse. We warned the dumb fucks about this shit in beta, just like with APB, and of course we got so much smoke blown up our asses I'm a fucking dragonkin shitlord now.

APB kinda went down like the Titanic...this fucker went down like the Hindenburg.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They announced yesterday that they are revising the loot system (how it's awarded at any rate) and creating a new 200+ bracket for the Dark Zone along with the new Incursion. This is all for 1.2 which is under extensive QA and they hope to tell us more details in the coming weeks.

My first thought was ,"ummm you don't have weeks..." Sure they are smart for wanting to make sure this is as exploit free as they can, but they have lost a lot of goodwill already and I can't imagine a month-ish gap before any meaningful change will help matters.

They also mention that this new Dark Zone bracket will have level 34 NPCs which drop up to gearscore 240 items. The difficulty there is that given all the other scaling issues I'm concerned that a fresh 200 entering into this new Dark Zone would be ground up into hamburger just like 161s are today, especially since you can't lower your tier once you cross that threshold.

Maybe Ubisoft/Massive are trying to play the long-game now and aim for having solid content for the first Season Pass content hoping that by that point people will be tired of Overwatch or Uncharted etc.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Really, the only massively overpowered npc's at lvl 34 are the shotgunners, they need to fix that shit sooner or later as needing to stack mobile cover and smart cover with max armour just to survive being one shotted doesn't scream fun to me.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I came to the same conclusion, Qhue. Having a gear score 200 DZ sounds great, but it's come too late. You're basically going to see the exact same thing happen. Why they never figured out hotfixes I can't explain. Actually, I take that back, they did figure them out, but they only deployed them for shit that actually made the players enjoy the game somewhat (Bullet King and high ends dropping 3+ off challenge modes for half a day).

Meanwhile they're bleeding people. By the time 1.2 comes out, who is going to give a shit anymore?

Like most people though, I enjoyed the game for about 100 hours. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth, and I don't have any issue with shelving this one indefinitely. It's a shame as I think it's definitely got good bones (it could've been one of the best MMO's of the last 5-10 years), but it was just managed so terribly that it's now resigned to being another mismanaged pile of shit.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
They also mention that this new Dark Zone bracket will have level 34 NPCs which drop up to gearscore 240 items. The difficulty there is that given all the other scaling issues I'm concerned that a fresh 200 entering into this new Dark Zone would be ground up into hamburger just like 161s are today, especially since you can't lower your tier once you cross that threshold.
Equip a level 1 grey weapon as your sidearm and you go down about 20-30 points. Yes, the most trivial way you can think of to get around the tier restriction and gank lowbies and I'm pretty sure it still works.

Things like that and the hard-coded daily missions and assignments are just embarrassing IMO. I'm willing to bet that 2.2 will be another "2 steps forward, 1 step back" sort of change.

That said, the core gameplay is still fun enough I still play an hour or so a day to knock out dailies, or a few more in the DZ when I have a friend on. I'm certainly not putting MMO hours into it though which is a probably a good thing.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They changed that actually. I tried to get my second character below 160 so I could Dark Zone with my buddy who was newly 30 and 105. I put on gear that lowered me to 157 and was stilling 161+, then I put all my excess gear into the stash (couldn't switch when I got inside) and still Nada. Finally lowered my gear below 100 and still nothing. From reading online it seems this was intentional to keep people from sandbagging like this. I appreciate the sentiment of saving lowbies from getting hit with 220+ weapons, but it makes gaming with friends problematic.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
That's good. Hadn't tested it myself, only heard complaints on Reddit about it. Which is about 90% of the content there and on the official forums.

Devlin

Golden Squire
They changed that actually. I tried to get my second character below 160 so I could Dark Zone with my buddy who was newly 30 and 105. I put on gear that lowered me to 157 and was stilling 161+, then I put all my excess gear into the stash (couldn't switch when I got inside) and still Nada. Finally lowered my gear below 100 and still nothing. From reading online it seems this was intentional to keep people from sandbagging like this. I appreciate the sentiment of saving lowbies from getting hit with 220+ weapons, but it makes gaming with friends problematic.
Did you transfer the gear to your alt or leave it in the stash?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I dislike the "too late" argument. Played WoW starting day 1 throughout Burning Crusade and then on and off through WotLK. People kept saying too late yet they stuck around for years or new players joined and never heard of this "too late" shit.

If they really fix the majority of shit they say they're fixing then I'm all in. Until then I can't be bothered to login.