Tom Clancy's The Division

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They have stuff like glass cannon builds, armor that's strong against physical but worse against elemental, etc.

Being really good at one thing meaning you're really bad at other things is pretty standard in a lot of games.

Them choosing to do it in this way is just bizarre and nonsensical.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I fired up the Division 1 on PS4 to get ready for the launch of the second one. Come play with me, weeknights after 8 pm PST - NDizzl0r on PS4.

I don't have any of the shields done, so there seems like there is a lot of grinding content to see.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
They have stuff like glass cannon builds, armor that's strong against physical but worse against elemental, etc.

Being really good at one thing meaning you're really bad at other things is pretty standard in a lot of games.

Them choosing to do it in this way is just bizarre and nonsensical.

Not talking about builds, talking about gear. You already (in Div 1) makes sacrifices depending on what you want. You want to stack stability and accuracy, you don't get crit chance/crit damage, etc. It's about having the ability to make the build you want, not having penalties on every single mod, that on top of that make zero sense. HUGE penalties at that.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There is quite a lot of bullet drop in Div2, more so than there was in Div1 unless my memory is faulty. Either the bullets are flying at ~fast pitch softball speeds or the acceleration due to gravity increased substantially.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
There is quite a lot of bullet drop in Div2, more so than there was in Div1 unless my memory is faulty. Either the bullets are flying at ~fast pitch softball speeds or the acceleration due to gravity increased substantially.

Which is weird when you consider the fact that the world is more open (wider streets etc) and firefights tend to take place at longer ranges.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't notice it really, maybe it's tied to falloff on the gun's stats? ARs and SMGs weren't getting the job done (and anything semi-auto or burst-fire went into the dumpster immediately), so I made sure to have a shotgun and a LMG or MMR with long optimal range for the assholes who would sit way back shitting out drone after drone. Never felt like I was lobbing bullets with the LMG or anything like that. Shotgun falloff is no joke though, you might as well be shooting rock salt at dudes in full body armor if you get even slightly out of range.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I always use ARs primary and was doing fine with the CTAR, 900rpm (810 with extended mag ugh) and hardly any recoil. Had a blue lvl 7 with 15% stability attribute, so I put mods on with neg stability +accuracy. I used a semi-auto rifle for longer range/to conserve AR ammo. Not too bad if you can get one with decent damage and not a huge kick. Main problem I had with the AR was shitty bullet reg on moving targets.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not talking about builds, talking about gear. You already (in Div 1) makes sacrifices depending on what you want. You want to stack stability and accuracy, you don't get crit chance/crit damage, etc. It's about having the ability to make the build you want, not having penalties on every single mod, that on top of that make zero sense. HUGE penalties at that.

Not sure why you think builds are only restricted to something like skill points. You have games like Dark Souls where a ring gives you twice as many spell casts but cuts your hp in half and many builds centered around specific weapons.

Mods having huge negatives is stupid, but not because it's some crazy concept that's never happened before in the history of video games

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Not sure why you think builds are only restricted to something like skill points. You have games like Dark Souls where a ring gives you twice as many spell casts but cuts your hp in half and many builds centered around specific weapons.

Mods having huge negatives is stupid, but not because it's some crazy concept that's never happened before in the history of video games

I never said anything about skill points. Also never said negative attributes on items has never happened before. Go find someone else to argue with, since you can't seem to understand what the fuck I am actually talking about.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I never said anything about skill points. Also never said negative attributes on items has never happened before. Go find someone else to argue with, since you can't seem to understand what the fuck I am actually talking about.

I know exactly what you're talking about, you're just wrong and too dumb to understand i'm agreeing with you on everything but the notion that negative stats on items has never existed before

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I know exactly what you're talking about, you're just wrong and too dumb to understand i'm agreeing with you on everything but the notion that negative stats on items has never existed before

No. YOU are too fucking retarded to comprehend the fact that I never said that. Quote where I did or shut the fuck up.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm also genuinely curious what rpgs you are referring to that have gear with negative effects that players actually use? I think I recall some game, maybe PoE that has some that are used by very specific builds, but you make it sound like it's a genre standard.

That was easy

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider

"negative stats on items has never existed before"

negative stats on items has never existed before"

Try again. Or better yet, fuck off. I'm just here to have a discussion about a game, not get into silly arguments with fuckwits who lack reading comprehension. Either that or you are just too stubborn to admit when you're wrong. Whichever case, it's done.

The new weapon mods in Div 2 are pants on head retarded. Side argument inconsequential and now over.

• 2Salty
  • 1Triggered
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
GEuM6WJ.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
"negative stats on items has never existed before"

Try again. Or better yet, fuck off. I'm just here to have a discussion about a game, not get into silly arguments with fuckwits who lack reading comprehension. Either that or you are just too stubborn to admit when you're wrong. Whichever case, it's done.

The new weapon mods in Div 2 are pants on head retarded. Side argument inconsequential and now over.

Then have less autistic freakouts when someone calls you out for saying stupid shit

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing Destiny 2 for the last month, and I fired up this private beta and played for about an hour. I couldn't get use to the shitty gunplay in comparison to D2. Even Warframes gunplay is better than Div2. The graphics looked ok, I guess. The gameplay was exactly Div1, which wasn't bad for what it was, a cover-based shooter. The UI, holy shit that UI makes my eyes bleed. Div2 was so weak that I punched out the EA prem pass to play Anthem for a month.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Will I like this on pc if I never played the first one? Just bought a 2600 and it comes with this game, have to decide if it's worth the bother trying to sell the code or not. Probably won't.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd say there's a better chance of someone who never played Division liking it than someone who put hundreds of hours into the first game.

You should just try the open beta, still plenty of time afterwards to sell the code if you hate it.

• 1Solidarity

Stave

Potato del Grande
Will I like this on pc if I never played the first one? Just bought a 2600 and it comes with this game, have to decide if it's worth the bother trying to sell the code or not. Probably won't.

Let me know if you decide to sell the key. I may be interested.

NM, from what I read, you have to have an AMD card to redeem the code. Lame.