Tom Clancy's The Division

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are we really complaining about the size of a download in 2019? Oh wait... (fucking data caps!!)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
what do people use to monitor in game performance? none of my stuff is working with this.

MSI Afterburner works fine. I always monitor my temps and mem usage with it.

Didn't notice any mem leaks and had no crashes, just the DCs everyone was getting. Leak must be specific to a setting, or DX12 or something.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Are they doing an open beta? Would like to try this after Anthem sucked and Apex isn't my speed

Crone

Are they doing an open beta? Would like to try this after Anthem sucked and Apex isn't my speed
It's not Open Beta, but everyone that got into the Private Beta (what they are calling it), can invite up to 3 friends.

spronk

FPS noob
You have to go that website first
The Division 2 Beta Sign-up | Ubisoft (US)

login, accept a friend request if necessary (top right three people icon), then click the play the game button in the middle. and then it might work. you probably also have to reverify your email for some weird reason.

Its pretty buggy and weird and honestly you can just watch an hour or two on twitch and decide if the game is for you or not. if you liked div1 enough for 20-30 hours of gameplay Div2 is more of the same in a diff spot, with a lot of Quality of Life polish changes. If you didn't like div1 then I doubt div2 will win you over.

Here's an xbox beta key, unfortunately it looks like any friends you invite also get xbox only beta keys, so it seems to be a "whoever you invite only gets invites to the platform you are beta testing on". At least anthem was kinda nice in its universality of beta

39HTJ-PW277-G77J2-RVFJP-CJ96Z

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Downloaded and tried to play but all I get is a black screen(audio is fine) then eventually just crashes

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Downloaded and tried to play but all I get is a black screen(audio is fine) then eventually just crashes

Black screen is due to overlays, turn off every overlay you are using. Took me awhile to figure this out.

This includes, discord, msi afterburner, any other overlays other than shadowplay.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, was reading that on another site just now. Doubt I'll play now, not worth it to me

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Black screen is due to overlays, turn off every overlay you are using. Took me awhile to figure this out.

This includes, discord, msi afterburner, any other overlays other than shadowplay.

Afterburner works fine. I think it's better to turn off Uplay's shit overlay.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Afterburner wont give me the in game display thats why i came here asking.

And I have a key for anyone who needs one. PM me here as I wont be on my computer all day.

EDIT: Claimed

Last edited:

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Am I missing something? I have put countless hours into The Division; first one. I have been watching twitch for a few and I dont see much difference from the first.
Should this have just been an Add-on?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Am I missing something? I have put countless hours into The Division; first one. I have been watching twitch for a few and I dont see much difference from the first.
Should this have just been an Add-on?

There’s quite a few quality of life changes to the game but feel like they took a step back on some things which makes it feel like a Division 1.5 or D1 after the Year One update.

Vorph

This post on reddit pretty much sums up my thoughts on the beta. There's a few nice new features but I think about 75% of the game that I've seen in beta is a big step backwards from how Division 1.8.3 plays/feels.

I really don't like the 'tiers' of the game's bundles either. What's the point of a season pass when all the DLC is going to be free anyway? If you're just paying $40 to get a few days' early access to each one (and btw that's a "Year One" pass just like Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon, so they'll want you to pony up another ~$30 each year until Div 3), plus some cosmetic crap that nobody will use once the premium stuff starts being added, that's retarded. I would just buy the base version, but what really pisses me off is that I was constantly slamming into the stash cap in Division 1 without even being that much of a hoarder and in Div 2 you have to buy the [$110-120] Ultimate version to get an extra 50 slots. Unless that's buyable separately or you still end up with the same hard cap and Ultimate just lets you skip a big grind (which is what I saw someone claiming on reddit, but couldn't find a source on it) I don't feel like giving them my money at all until it's 50-75% off and has had several major patch milestones.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Give me your Uplay ID and I'll send you a PC invite. If it works.
It works, just have the invitee check the uPlay app rather than their Email to see when they can download play. I finally got an email a day after the invite was sent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This post on reddit pretty much sums up my thoughts on the beta. There's a few nice new features but I think about 75% of the game that I've seen in beta is a big step backwards from how Division 1.8.3 plays/feels.

I really don't like the 'tiers' of the game's bundles either. What's the point of a season pass when all the DLC is going to be free anyway? If you're just paying $40 to get a few days' early access to each one (and btw that's a "Year One" pass just like Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon, so they'll want you to pony up another ~$30 each year until Div 3), plus some cosmetic crap that nobody will use once the premium stuff starts being added, that's retarded. I would just buy the base version, but what really pisses me off is that I was constantly slamming into the stash cap in Division 1 without even being that much of a hoarder and in Div 2 you have to buy the [$110-120] Ultimate version to get an extra 50 slots. Unless that's buyable separately or you still end up with the same hard cap and Ultimate just lets you skip a big grind (which is what I saw someone claiming on reddit, but couldn't find a source on it) I don't feel like giving them my money at all until it's 50-75% off and has had several major patch milestones.

Yay for my free copy! LoL

I didn't play the first beyond 2 weeks after launch and I've been enjoying my time in this one, maybe cause i didn't play the 1st very long so I prob. woulda bought it regardless.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Alright someone send me an invite if you don't mind.

I'm nijasan33 on uplay, NDizzl0r on PS4. I'll be playing on PS4.