Tom Clancy's The Division

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
PC codes from the video cards are also on ebay for 40-45 as well. However its not much different than if you bought off Amazon(shipped and sold not digital)

Ubi club rewards are up for Division, if you played in the beta you can unlock some costume rewards you can pick up at the reward vendor when game goes live
https://club.ubi.com/
Eh the one for DZ keys and rare resources isnt half bad.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've never been more conflicted about buying a game.
You and me both. I really enjoyed the darkzone in the beta, but it's Ubisoft and I'm pretty sure there just isn't going to be any kind of endgame on the actual release and it'll be a waste of 60$.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
I honestly don't understand the hesitation about buying this game, unless if you plan on playing it solo only, then it might not be worth it.

As a group game, at least from Beta, it has at least $60 of entertainment value in it for me.

People talking about how the game looks the same at level 4 as level 27....and yet, you have people buying all those Call of Duty games where you look almost exactly the same whether you are a newbie or you have Prestiged 10 times.

The bottom line is, is it going to be fun? Graphics, content aside, are you going to get enough hours of enjoyment out of this to justify spending $60? I know this is up to the individual, but I saw enough in Beta to know that something like the Dark Zone will keep me entertained enough. The little I played in Beta was more entertaining than any of the recent CoD releases.

There are a lot of good games coming out soon on the PS4. Dark Souls 3. Uncharted 4. If this doesn't pan out, no biggie, just move on to the next one. At least for March and April though, this game looks like the one to play.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Nothing against the division personally, but this is a pretty easy decision. Look at the landscape for new titles for the last 2 to 3 years. Think about the longevity of things. Think about how fucking broken EVERYTHING is at release. Followed by shoddy DLC, piss poor SEASON PASSES and other nonsense like that.

If this game is worthwhile there will be some fancy edition that comes out a year from now that has good content in it. If that version never appears consider yourself lucky that you didn't waste your time.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah but that would be a year out and youd be behind the curve, and in a game like that it likely means the next expansion is right around the corner and you will be playing catch up from old all the way to new content. Likely also means no one will be around the old shit to do crap with you unless your friends also waited.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
On a side note, since there are no price drops on two year old video cards, pascal comes out in less than four months which will blow say any 900 series card ten fold for the same price bracket.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Yeah but that would be a year out and youd be behind the curve, and in a game like that it likely means the next expansion is right around the corner and you will be playing catch up from old all the way to new content. Likely also means no one will be around the old shit to do crap with you unless your friends also waited.
I'd rather wait a year to play a proven good game than struggle for two weeks trying to find the fun and quit. Behind the curve or not - we'll be lucky if there IS a curve!

Xevy

Log Wizard
On a side note, since there are no price drops on two year old video cards, pascal comes out in less than four months which will blow say any 900 series card ten fold for the same price bracket.
I haven't seen anything listed for Pascal's price except estimates "Between $300 and $1000".

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'd rather wait a year to play a proven good game than struggle for two weeks trying to find the fun and quit. Behind the curve or not - we'll be lucky if there IS a curve!
Perhaps but like any game with levels and progression i like to churn through it asap, so long as they dont say any bullshit about not having end game content within the first month i'll be on at 12:01 come release.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
/\/\ They aren't saying anything at all, so I would take that as you aren't going to see any end game content within a month. Otherwise they would already be promoting that to stave off the concerns which are abound right now across the community (One of the game's main concerns at the moment - and they haven't said anything)

I haven't seen anything listed for Pascal's price except estimates "Between $300 and $1000".
The 'Replacement" if you can even call it that knowing the exponential jump in performance between Maxwell and Pascal, for the 970 will be the same price on a level field.

Right now would be absolutely the worst time one could ever upgrade a card. That would be different if the 970 dropped over time to around 150 to get people by - but it's still a full price card based on two year old tech. That's a horrible buying decision considering what's right around the corner.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think my disappointment with this game is because I have unrealistic expectations. I want to be able to go in every house and seeing a block of brownstones walled off by fucking garbage kills it for me. I hope one day the tech is there to somehow automate the process of creating a game like this where they can simply import data from google maps or something and the tech in the game will fill in the blanks. It just isn't open world for me when you have so many useless buildings that are there for appearance only. How cool would it be to have a huge battlezone inside the empire state building?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I think my disappointment with this game is because I have unrealistic expectations. I want to be able to go in every house and seeing a block of brownstones walled off by fucking garbage kills it for me. I hope one day the tech is there to somehow automate the process of creating a game like this where they can simply import data from google maps or something and the tech in the game will fill in the blanks. It just isn't open world for me when you have so many useless buildings that are there for appearance only. How cool would it be to have a huge battlezone inside the empire state building?
Tech is already there
smile.png

It's just too expensive.
frown.png

The problem with it is no one will take the risk because everyone is just dumbing these titles down over and over again. Innovation is slowing to a crawl for low cost development. Even VR is going about it backwards. Driving profit through a headset with minimal software support is going to get VR to fall on it's ass. VR headsets should be treated as consoles. Loss lead to build the market base and charge a licensing fee for development. As it stands now, the market is going to grow way too slowly and software, which will drive the use, will be sporadic at best due to a lack of install base.

spronk

FPS noob
Thats not how video cards work. The low end of Pascal will continue to use GDDR5, only the high end cards will use the new HBM memory type. What we will see are three tiers

1st: $350-400 card that will basically be equivalent to a 980ti
2nd: $500-660 card that will be 50% perf improvement over a 980ti
3d: $1100+ card which will be double 980ti (the new Titan X)

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd and 3d are also not released till late this year or even next year. We WILL however see 980ti's drop in price by 30-50% and 970s drop by 25%. Thats the cycle of video cards, not sure where the heck you get a 10x performance improvement from.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Thats not how video cards work. The low end of Pascal will continue to use GDDR5, only the high end cards will use the new HBM memory type. What we will see are three tiers

1st: $350-400 card that will basically be equivalent to a 980ti
2nd: $500-660 card that will be 50% perf improvement over a 980ti

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd and 3d are also not released till late this year or even next year. We WILL however see 980ti's drop in price by 30-50% and 970s drop by 25%. Thats the cycle of video cards, not sure where the heck you get a 10x performance improvement from.
Nvidia : Pascal Is 10x Faster Than Maxwell, Launching in 2016 - Features 16nm, 3D Memory, NV-Link and Mixed Precision

Nvidia Confirms Pascal Launching In 2016, Volta In 2018 - To Power Supercomputers in 2017

NVIDIA Unveils Pascal GPU: 16GB of memory, 1TB/s Bandwidth - VR World

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-takeover.aspx

But would the tech make that a better purchase than dual 980ti's considering such a price point? People will look at that when they even consider spending as much on a card.

Nvidia : Pascal Is 10x Faster Than Maxwell, Launching in 2016 - Features 16nm, 3D Memory, NV-Link and Mixed Precision
Eh would need to see benchmarks first - i mean AMD thought their shit would be king too! Granted at this point Nvidia word holds more weight i see them both in the same light.