Tom Clancy's The Division

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-takeover.aspx

3d: $1100+ card which will be double 980ti (the new Titan X)
But would the tech make that a better purchase than dual 980ti's considering such a price point? People will look at that when they even consider spending as much on a card.

Nvidia : Pascal Is 10x Faster Than Maxwell, Launching in 2016 - Features 16nm, 3D Memory, NV-Link and Mixed Precision
Eh would need to see benchmarks first - i mean AMD thought their shit would be king too! Granted at this point Nvidia word holds more weight i see them both in the same light.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-takeover.aspx

But would the tech make that a better purchase than dual 980ti's considering such a price point? People will look at that when they even consider spending as much on a card.

Eh would need to see benchmarks first - i mean AMD thought their shit would be king too! Granted at this point Nvidia word holds more weight i see them both in the same light.
Isn't the consensus that some people these days are moving away from SLI since you really never know which games will support it?

I agree. Will have to see what happens. With that said Spronk, I have never seen a price drop of an end of sale / end of life video card price drop when new cards are out. The legacy card(s) seem to vanish from the market, sometimes get even more expensive, and you can obviously find them used at any time at lower cost, but I haven't seen a price drop more than about 10 dollars if that. When do these price drops occur? And what's the percentage range of savings?

Malkav

French Madman

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Dam how many f'n dbl pst did it do?

Isn't the consensus that some people these days are moving away from SLI since you really never know which games will support it?
TBH i love dual card solutions really and ive not had many issues with the dual 980ti's either but i dont PC game hard that often. I used to dual card and tri monitor but then i dropped to 1 ultrawide and 1 295x2 to avoid any complications. Id have the 395x2 if it ever came out but im curious on what nvidia's offerings will be by years end. I honestly cant see the need to upgrade video for a few years tbh other than that new tech feel you get when ripping open boxes to upgrade your PC even when its not needed. I mean how many games will actually push a dual 980ti setup as is? I am certain alot of people still game at 1080p and i doubt many are putting in the money for 4k gaming.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
I'd rather wait a year to play a proven good game than struggle for two weeks trying to find the fun and quit. Behind the curve or not - we'll be lucky if there IS a curve!
I can understand this mentality, but it is really going to hurt you on a game like this, where the best parts of it lie in the multiplayer part.

I bought FarCry4 not too long ago at discount. Was fun and worth the $20 I spent on it. However, I couldn't play and enjoy the multiplayer elements of it because no one really plays it anymore. Trying to matchmake during the game for the co-op elements proved almost impossible.

Same thing when I bought Black Ops 2 way way back after it had been released for over a year. It was cheap so I thought I would check it out, but multiplayer was a dud because few were left playing, so I missed out on that initial CoD rush when all the maps are packed full and matchmaking took less than a minute.

So again, I feel like waiting a year or so for a MULTIPLAYER game means you miss out on something you will never be able to regain (the initial rush of everyone playing and figuring the game out, ease of getting groups, etc). Look at the destiny thread and all the people trying it out now, trying to find groups, etc. For a SINGLE player game, like Fallout 4 or Witcher 3, I agree with you there is no rush in playing, because you can wait for the Game of the Year addition and you won't miss out on as much.

Honestly, for me at least, all I needed was the Beta to decide. It was fun enough for me to feel like I could play the game for hours, which means it's worth the $60. Even if there is no raid on release (I'm still skeptical on that since so little info has been released). As long as a raid is eventually released, that's good enough for me, because I can have fun leveling and playing in the Dark Zone until then.

If you didn't really enjoy the Beta (clunky shooting, mobs have too many hps, etc), then I totally get it, it's not for everyone, then don't buy it.

But if you did enjoy Beta and you are still on the fence, I guess I would ask....if not Division, what other game do you plan on playing over the next few months?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Speaking just for myself, when I did run SLI, all the newest games (where you'd need it!) did not support it, until many months after release where a patch MIGHT come and fix it. Endless hours spent on trying to fake it with similar profiles, etc, and I came to the conclusion that SLI was not worth it for cutting edge games :p

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Speaking just for myself, when I did run SLI, all the newest games (where you'd need it!) did not support it, until many months after release where a patch MIGHT come and fix it. Endless hours spent on trying to fake it with similar profiles, etc, and I came to the conclusion that SLI was not worth it for cutting edge games :p
Ok cool I wasn't just imagining things then. This is what I thought I heard around the web and it was a growing sentiment on SLI as a whole. I still run a 770 GTX and it works flawlessly for me on all games so if I upgrade at all, I'll probably build a new rig with Pascal. As of now though, I seem to play more and more PS4. Steam Link is changing that a bit.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ok cool I wasn't just imagining things then. This is what I thought I heard around the web and it was a growing sentiment on SLI as a whole. I still run a 770 GTX and it works flawlessly for me on all games so if I upgrade at all, I'll probably build a new rig with Pascal. As of now though, I seem to play more and more PS4. Steam Link is changing that a bit.
I was curious about those steam machines just yesterday. Not in the sense that id ever buy one but more so that i had forgotten that they had even come out. Then again you mention steam link and i have even less a clue what that is. I'm sure i could google but my main reason surrounding curiosity was if they had been selling decently at all.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I was curious about those steam machines just yesterday. Not in the sense that id ever buy one but more so that i had forgotten that they had even come out. Then again you mention steam link and i have even less a clue what that is. I'm sure i could google but my main reason surrounding curiosity was if they had been selling decently at all.
It's a 49 dollar box that plugs into my receiver on HDMI 4. I plugged in an Xbox controller and I can play my steam library on my main theater over a 5ghz wireless connection through the router. I bought it at first just to see how it worked, and I ended up not having any latency or input lag issues and have been very impressed. So now I can play all my steam games on my couch.
smile.png

Wired works even better. Although I was so impressed with wireless I just use that. Only drawback are some games need keyboard mouse support and not a controller. So I can't play those unless I purchase a keyboard mouse for my theater room, and it's a bit cumbersome playing those types of games while on a couch. Controller supported games are fantastic though. Can't go wrong for 49. Beats an overpriced steam machine in a heartbeat.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I need to set my Steam Link back up, can easily hardwire it in the new house. Worked really well on wireless, just had issues months ago when I got it because I run 2 monitors and my primary monitor is ultrawide.

Love the Steam Controller.

Actually kinda wish the base Steam UI would borrow a bit from the Big Picture Mode, not sure what it is but it just feels snappier doing a lot of things. Good UI.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I need to set my Steam Link back up, can easily hardwire it in the new house. Worked really well on wireless, just had issues months ago when I got it because I run 2 monitors and my primary monitor is ultrawide.

Love the Steam Controller.

Actually kinda wish the base Steam UI would borrow a bit from the Big Picture Mode, not sure what it is but it just feels snappier doing a lot of things. Good UI.
Yeah I am really impressed. I wish I could try out a steam controller before purchasing it.

In the meantime, I am looking at ways to make keyboard/mouse gaming comfortable on a couch.

Nissir

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was looking forward to this game, but I played it on the Beta Weekend and ended up passing on it. It is a beautiful looking game, but for me, it just wasn't that fun. Pretty much just ran the same mission types over and over, the PVP was a clusterfuck unless you go with a preformed group and just went full on murder hobo and wiped out whole areas. Overall, it just didn't seem that inspired for the massive budget and hype.

Sulrn

Deuces
I was looking forward to this game, but...overall, it just didn't seem that inspired for the massive budget and hype.
Main contender for biggest waste of an ip 2016. Ubi has been having a rough time - when was the last time they released a game that didn't have issues at launch or get torn apart by the community reviews?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Main contender for biggest waste of an ip 2016. Ubi has been having a rough time - when was the last time they released a game that didn't have issues at launch or get torn apart by the community reviews?
Hah the only way this game will fail(for consoles atleast) is if they fuck up with no end game or multigroup content - even with that i alrdy know hoards of people who already have it preordered and most of them are coming from Destiny. Personally for me no end game content is a deal breaker which is why i think theyre waiting for the absolute last minute to say something about it being postponed or what not for some later date.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah this game will be Ubisoft's biggest launch, just the hype and timing is going to make it their biggest profitable game ever.

which means sadly every ubi game from now on out will use this engine and have online required components. Look for the next Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed to have map areas where you can do co-op missions with random people and PVP hotzones

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, but that sounds awesome to a degree, depends on execution
tongue.png