Tom Clancy's The Division

Column_sl

shitlord
I think it will be destiny all over again, which is probly alright because the launch game was the best they put out, and everything else was downhill.

If they can avoid the pitfalls of the Destiny Team, and actually make good content in their DLC's in a timely manor this game will be a hit.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So long as it has a story it will be better than Destiny at launch :/ Still nothing on actual end game so i foresee some player backlash at some point. Ubi either cant learn from mistakes or some idiot is heading up their PR team.

Column_sl

shitlord
Ah so the raids are out then? Well that is not good.

Story mode will be eaten so quick in a game like this

I rather end game vs a story mode imo, and the Divisions seems pretty lame anyway.

Malkav

French Madman
At the risk of sounding stupid, I see this type of game as more like Diablo with guns. And as far as I know, there is no raids in Diablo, it's just a gigantic loot threadmill.

What I mean is, I don't get how people are ok with games like Diablo or Borderlands, but when we talk about Destiny/The Division we have statements like "OMG IT NEEDS RAIDS OR IT WILL FAIL!!!!"

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
At the risk of sounding stupid, I see this type of game as more like Diablo with guns. And as far as I know, there is no raids in Diablo, it's just a gigantic loot threadmill.

What I mean is, I don't get how people are ok with games like Diablo or Borderlands, but when we talk about Destiny/The Division we have statements like "OMG IT NEEDS RAIDS OR IT WILL FAIL!!!!"
I am not ok with diablo so this doesnt really apply. It is more of a Destiny game with potentially endless PVP lulz if you have a good crit. "So far" the end game they have only mentioned was challenge missions and harder DZ encounters but no real end game(raid) has been mentioned since they first introduced the game in E3.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Too much radio silence on raids, my guess is they are not going to be available at launch, or even close to it. I do think they will eventually make an appearance, because they have been hyping up Riker's Island quite a bit.

That being said, this game is definitely more multi-player oriented than single. Even with raids in the game, it's going to depend on how matchmaking works. If it's like Destiny, you are going to need your own crew, at least to start. Matchmaking in Destiny is horrible (for raids), and requires a 3rd party site, like DestinyLFG or Reddit. If Division turns out like that (God I hope not), then it's going to put a damper on raiding anyhow for the majority of people.

I also wonder why anyone would sit on the fence just because raids are or aren't in the game at launch. Malkav made the comparison to Diablo, but I think this is more like Call of Duty with stats. It's a first person shooter (granted Division is 3rd person). It's got guns. It's got a shallow single-player story arc. The end-game revolves around PvP (so far). I mean, do people wait and see about buying CoD to see if there is a raid in it? Like storming Hitler's Bunker or some shit? No, they play for the multi-player maps. I see this game as the same, except it's the Dark Zone instead of Domination or Sabotage maps. I mean, if people can play 100+ hours on Call of Duty, they should be able to do the same here.

Granted, the game it has most in common with is Destiny, and I play(ed) the shit out of that game. I feel that Destiny is a better PvE game than PvP, and I feel Division will be the opposite. So in my opinion, people hoping for a deep PvE experience in Division I think are going to be disappointed, while those who want a good PvP experience will enjoy it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
There any hint of replayability in missions/events? Using Diablo as an example, and it's rifts? Queue up for a tileset + some random smatterings of bad guys/triggered events, etc.?

That's the kind of thing I'd want in this game, or are we more along the WoW line of 'here are your missions (dungeons), identical every time, good luck on drops' ?

Biggest thing that puts me off is no clan/guilds. Something to loosely collect players in game.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
There any hint of replayability in missions/events? Using Diablo as an example, and it's rifts? Queue up for a tileset + some random smatterings of bad guys/triggered events, etc.?

That's the kind of thing I'd want in this game, or are we more along the WoW line of 'here are your missions (dungeons), identical every time, good luck on drops' ?

Biggest thing that puts me off is no clan/guilds. Something to loosely collect players in game.
Missions will scale up to "challenge" setting being the hardest and loot is random just like in D3/Destiny so you can replay to keep trying to get better items.

I feel that Destiny is a better PvE game than PvP, and I feel Division will be the opposite.
Huh? What part? I'd like to know what is good about Destiny's PVE bc tbh all Destiny has are those tight gunplay mechanics. The story missions are all done in the same spots with you turning left and not right at some junctions. The story is still non-existent and if it didnt have the raid it would be hard to find a reason to play it.

TD Gunplay may not be as tight as Destiny which is fine but the story and PVE in beta alone was more interesting than turning left on one mission and right on another then doing the strike exactly where you were 5 minutes ago. While this may turn out to be the same for TD, for now they atleast had the story missions take place apart(while within) the regular game map, meaning you dont access that area unless youre doing the story.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Missions will scale up to "challenge" setting being the hardest and loot is random just like in D3/Destiny so you can replay to keep trying to get better items.

Huh? What part? I'd like to know what is good about Destiny's PVE bc tbh all Destiny has are those tight gunplay mechanics. The story missions are all done in the same spots with you turning left and not right at some junctions. The story is still non-existent and if it didnt have the raid it would be hard to find a reason to play it.

TD Gunplay may not be as tight as Destiny which is fine but the story and PVE in beta alone was more interesting than turning left on one mission and right on another then doing the strike exactly where you were 5 minutes ago. While this may turn out to be the same for TD, for now they atleast had the story missions take place apart(while within) the regular game map, meaning you dont access that area unless youre doing the story.
Yeah destiny sucked ass. The game play mechanics were fine but the entire game was shallow as shit. The gun play mechanics in this aren't as tight, it's a third person cover shooter with an open world far cry style map setting. What I did like about it was able to see where friends are on the map and instantly invite them from the map.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Yeah for me at least Destiny was about gearing out my toons through raids. Of course with each expansion release there are the missions you have to level through, and I do enjoy those even though it's short-lived. The Crucible is OK, but also pointless since you don't get any good gear like from raids. I've never logged into Destiny like "I can't wait to do some Crucible"....it was always about levelling and raiding. Now that I've hit max/max, I don't feel any urgency to log in anymore....until they release more PvE content.

I also think that is where Destiny got it backwards, because it's easier and faster to create PvP content rather than PvE. They should have taken note of Call of Duty or Halo, where there is no real end-game but people still pour a lot of time into it because they enjoy fighting each other.

With Division, it seems like most of the good stuff is locked behind their PvP content....Dark Zone. With Destiny, it was locked behind their PvE content....raids.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
My uplay is Claims_Adjuster if anyone wants to play on PC. I'm taking off Tuesday to play it all day because I am a sad human being.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The PvP tears possibility here may be too good to pass up on. But I would need to play this with a solid bunch of PS4. Who here is getting this for PS4? I may burn my reward gift cert and use the best buy gamers club - would be able to snag it for about 10 bucks. Knowing full well that in about 3-4 weeks the staying power will be over and most people will probably be playing other games.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
The PvP tears possibility here may be too good to pass up on. But I would need to play this with a solid bunch of PS4. Who here is getting this for PS4? I may burn my reward gift cert and use the best buy gamers club - would be able to snag it for about 10 bucks.
I am, but I only meet that criteria. I fail hard at the "solid" part. This because I completely agree with your previous statements of the game being "clunky". I can't aim for shit with the controller.

Will gladly play with people here, but my playtime is far from US primetime, at least during weekdays.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am, but I only meet that criteria. I fail hard at the "solid" part. This because I completely agree with your previous statements of the game being "clunky". I can't aim for shit with the controller.

Will gladly play with people here, but my playtime is far from US primetime, at least during weekdays.
Well, by Solid I mean has a pulse and plays on PS4
smile.png
Ha! I won't be that good either due to the same clunky controls.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah for me at least Destiny was about gearing out my toons through raids. Of course with each expansion release there are the missions you have to level through, and I do enjoy those even though it's short-lived. The Crucible is OK, but also pointless since you don't get any good gear like from raids. I've never logged into Destiny like "I can't wait to do some Crucible"....it was always about levelling and raiding. Now that I've hit max/max, I don't feel any urgency to log in anymore....until they release more PvE content.

I also think that is where Destiny got it backwards, because it's easier and faster to create PvP content rather than PvE. They should have taken note of Call of Duty or Halo, where there is no real end-game but people still pour a lot of time into it because they enjoy fighting each other.

With Division, it seems like most of the good stuff is locked behind their PvP content....Dark Zone. With Destiny, it was locked behind their PvE content....raids.
Theyve stated you can craft equally strong gear as in the DZ and challenge missions are supposedly able to give it also. The problem is the DZ is what they seem to be pushing hard so the signals are crossed, that and they let ever idiot dev give a quote or interview and they arent all saying the same thing. Someone brought this up in their O-forums as well but apparently "some" of the best gear is in the DZ but some of it is crafted and some from challenge missions.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
No review copies and no embargo on reviews. Ubisoft isn't going to make empty servers available early for reviewers, wants them to review the launched game.

spronk

FPS noob
Destiny's PVP is insanely great and anyone who doesn't agree just didn't play enough. First you have really good "gun feel", and by that I mean aiming, movement while shooting (slides air triple jumps etc), ammo conservation, grenades, melee, and supers. It all worked really well and was fun to watch and reacted exactly the way you thought it should, every time. The bigger part was the variety of PVP though - you have your regular TDM/flag/hardpoint/etc, but then you mix in Trials of Osiris - 3 vs 3 teams, only the best get good loot and then Iron Banana, which is admittedly a bit more of a shit show but still can be fun in groups due to the gear incentives. Destiny PVP balance was never brilliant but the meta game was pretty quick to develop and stayed relatively stable for long periods of time. Thorn and Last Word ruled PVP for a long time, then got nerfed to hell and pulse rifles ruled and I dunno what now. Man, head shooting people with a thorn just had a visceral "UHHHH... GOT THAT FUCKER" I have never once felt in my 20+ hours of Division beta. Destiny did lack the top tier of PVP stuff like ladders, ranking boards, more competitive modes, more camos/skins, wager mode for the ultra competitive, etc.

Division has none of that, it is very much a DayZ/Rust/etc PVP style that is generally going to be asymetrical PVP and there aren't going to be any sort of ladder situations. Destiny had huge balance issues and I can't see how Division won't be 10x worse since at least bungie has some experience with Halo, Ubi and Massive have had zero PVP gaming experience. For fucks sake, the only thing Massive has developed before this was Just Dance and Far Cry 3, lol.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That just opinion and nothing more, Destiny PVP may be amazing to you but it got old pretty god dam quick and i did enjoy it for a while but it just got tired. The gunplay is great but meh just like any pvp "mode" in any game (CoD and BF) included it will all wear thin. TD may not have all of that you like but i prefer the unknown element of wondering if this crew im sliding by is going to open fire or if i should run up on some bitches trying to extract. That gives unlimited replay as opposed to doing the same thing on different maps.