Tom Clancy's The Division

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Sorry I don't have PS4. I have an XB1 powered solely by Sean's ghost.
You'll just continue being my bitch here then I guess.
frown.png

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Screw it. I can get this for $32.99 with the $15 points reward cert I have with Best Buy gamers club. So it's $32.99.

Are you on my PS4 friends list?

Also, everyone who plays this needs to play this hammered this coming Saturday night.
Yup, on there as Dwreck808. I started a chat party, but I wont be in there until 830ish PST

spronk

FPS noob
don't install the latest nvidia drivers, for many people they are causing BSODs and all kinds of other random shit

pretty funny on the neogaf division thread, all these pc master race people raging about how they have had to revert to a previous windows install and can't play now for a few days and stuff. Gee, I thought PC gaming was supposed to be hassle free and easy

i dread every nvidia and windows update, they are almost as bad as getting ganked in the dark zone

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm kind of annoyed that there's a 3gb patch still. I had planned on playing a bit after it opens, but more than likely I'll download and then go to sleep for work tomorrow.

don't install the latest nvidia drivers, for many people they are causing BSODs and all kinds of other random shit

pretty funny on the neogaf division thread, all these pc master race people raging about how they have had to revert to a previous windows install and can't play now for a few days and stuff. Gee, I thought PC gaming was supposed to be hassle free and easy

i dread every nvidia and windows update, they are almost as bad as getting ganked in the dark zone
Ha , i thought i fucked my shit cause i had a video playing while installing the drivers. But was able to fix it and install the drivers just fine the second time. Did a clean install the second time though , not sure if that was the culprit causing the BSOD.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I imagine that the decision to not allow the patch to be downloaded early probably made this situation worse. It added extra people DDoS'ing the Uplay login servers, which took those down.

Hopefully the patch servers are separate from everything else, but it seems like unnecessary network traffic.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ive already done the brooklyn area which is where you start, then going to manhattan it said "position in queue" 3500.

wut? lol a queue to zone!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
They had a hiccup when all the digital copies came online but I was able to play for an hour or so after. Level 5 on PC, looking forward to playing more.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone play into any of the other areas yet? I haven't purchased this yet and was going to do so over lunch, still on the fence when I see this:

A much bigger issue--at least early on--is enemy variety. The first few hours recycle the same garden variety looters over and over, most of whom employ the same tired tactics every time. In certain instances, I actually noticed enemies run past me as if on a preset paths. Mission variety also seems to be a potential issue, as the first three side missions in Brooklyn all reuse simplistic objectives seen in the betas: go to a location, tag an object, defend the object from incoming enemies. Thankfully, I've yet to see either the Rikers or Cleaners in action, and there's plenty of campaign still ahead of me. With any luck, these as yet unseen elements will inject the variety The Division needs.
If this turns out to be more Destiny mission defend waves of enemies shit over and over, it won't even be fun to level up to get the DZ's to grief. Can someone a little deeper in the game (With me realizing it's still fairly early in release... I am sure someone here pulled an all nighter) comment on mission variety?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Never played this but figured I'd jump out over lunch to pick it up - there is literally nothing else to play atm and I enjoyed Destiny for the few weeks it was worth playing (got my $$'s worth anyway, though they could and should have done more with the game).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone play into any of the other areas yet? I haven't purchased this yet and was going to do so over lunch, still on the fence when I see this:

If this turns out to be more Destiny mission defend waves of enemies shit over and over, it won't even be fun to level up to get the DZ's to grief. Can someone a little deeper in the game (With me realizing it's still fairly early in release... I am sure someone here pulled an all nighter) comment on mission variety?
The bet is back on!!!!!

I say today by 5:00pm EST it is in your hands