Tom Clancy's The Division

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I just got an email from UPS that my copy has been delivered. 4 hours til I can start the patch DL, then another 3 before I'm done playing family sports taxi and can actually play

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I always said I was on the fence. It was regarding mission types/content style over shooting mechanics and what I thought wasn't a great UI. I commended the matchmaking features, the atmosphere, graphics, and real world weather day/night cycles along with the skill up's and attribute system. My main concern has always been the content and if it was going to be rinse and repeat with the same mission type. I never said I wasn't buying it. Also, $35 with tax out the door for the PS4 version. I have said that numerous times in this thread. Read the damn posts before cocking off.
Bro none of the shit that you are interested in is going to work, like at all, probably this entire week. It may take even longer. I don't care if it's $5 - let them prove it's an actual product that functions before you buy in.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Bro none of the shit that you are interested in is going to work, like at all, probably this entire week. It may take even longer. I don't care if it's $5 - let them prove it's an actual product that functions before you buy in.
Bro, hypocritical blathering about how scumfucky UbiSoft is doesn't apply if you have a Best-Buy credit and get it for a "steal"!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
What isn't functioning? (PS4 Version)

Twitch

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Anything involving sending or receiving data from the server isn't going to work at all anywhere near normal play hours.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If track record is any indication I can shitpost all I want with no repurcusions, plenty of people do it. I laid my bets down and I know where this game is headed. That's all I'll say.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
One of my coworkers is taking the day off to play this today. He was raving about it but I giess I don't really understand the content format. It's like an open world lobby with instanced missions?

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
I played this for over 6 hours last night. It felt like 1.

First the bad - there is a high probability that Ubi servers are going to shit the bed tonight. Even yesterday, during a soft launch, I couldn't log in for over 30 minutes. You may see a bunch of "Romeo 2012351" or "Mike 20155923" type errors.....this is all on Ubi's side and it's because of server load. Keep trying to log in, closing app, even restarting your PC/XBoxone/PS4 may help. During the 6+ hours I played last night, I lost connection twice, but both times I was able to reconnect in under 5 minutes. I'm not seeing this getting any better tonight, only worse.

Now the good - the game is fun, and A LOT more involved than what was shown in beta. The closest thing to compare it with is Destiny, because it is "MMO-ish" but on a much smaller scale. There is a ton of crap to pick up and collect; also, now that all 3 skill trees and perks are unlocked, you can see there is a lot of variety in builds. I played with Dwreck808 and TheFourth last night, we made it to about level 8. It appears Dark Zone now only opens at level 10 instead of 8 like in beta, so we did not get to experience any of that. However, for the PvE part, I can say the graphics were really good. I can only imagine how much better they would be on PC, but I can say on a PS4 it certainly is next gen. Thank God they did not have to make it compatible with last gen systems like PS3, you can really tell the difference between a game like this and Destiny.

So far so good. Game seems pretty deep and detailed, but only time will tell if it has legs. Stuff like crafting seems kinda thrown it - as far as I can tell, it just involves dismantling items for mats, then recreating a new item with those mats for an item with random stats. I tried it out a few times last night, not sure if it's worth doing, although I haven't unlocked the higher tier crafting items so I'll wait to see for a final eval on the whole system. So far it seems too simple, but maybe that's a good thing.

However, the bulk of the game is extremely fun to play. The environment is great. This appears to be better than Destiny, and I played over 300 hours in Destiny. Destiny beta was like "is that it?"....and yes, it turned out to be just about it. There is obviously much more to Division than what the beta showed, and I'm happy for that. I don't know how long this game is going to last, but I can say for me at least it's easily $60 well spent. If it took me 6 hours to dick around, explore, and hit level 8, then it should take me at probably 30-40 total to hit level 30 cap, and then of course there is DZ and stuff to explore, so figure I will put in a minimum of 50 hours. If I'm being honest with myself, I'll probably put in 50 hours the first 2 weeks.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
I played this for over 6 hours last night. It felt like 1.....However, the bulk of the game is extremely fun to play. The environment is great. This appears to be better than Destiny, and I played over 300 hours in Destiny. Destiny beta was like "is that it?"....and yes, it turned out to be just about it. There is obviously much more to Division than what the beta showed, and I'm happy for that. I don't know how long this game is going to last, but I can say for me at least it's easily $60 well spent. If it took me 6 hours to dick around, explore, and hit level 8, then it should take me at probably 30-40 total to hit level 30 cap, and then of course there is DZ and stuff to explore, so figure I will put in a minimum of 50 hours. If I'm being honest with myself, I'll probably put in 50 hours the first 2 weeks.
Maybe cancelling my standard edition and getting gold edition will not be a waste afterall. I liked the beta, but I was really uneasy about the lack of content shown, especially after Destiny (granted I played the crap out of Destiny, even with its faults). So all the positives I have been hearing (other than servers) has me excited to get my game. Only downside (maybe not with server issues) is I will not get my game till tomorrow because of Amazon issues, but at least they gave me a credit so Gold only Cost $60 in the end.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
I dinged 10 today. Sure it is fun, but it definately has issues also. The world is nice but empty. Running to missions feels like Will Smith in I Am Legend (without zombies). Group missions are awesome though and I definately enjoy them more then Destiny. All in all its fun but not perfect by any means.

Playing on PC (mebben).

Fadaar

That guy
Tempted to get this but don't want to get bored after a few weeks and never touch it again like I did with Destiny

Devlin

Golden Squire
I got it on a whim yesterday (up till then had given zero fucks about it).

I'm really digging it so far, it reminds me of Rainbow 6 back on the Xbox. I did not get into Destiny at all, I'm not a huge fan of Halo anyway so I probably should have avoided like the plague.

I do love real world style shooters though.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'm really digging it so far, it reminds me of Rainbow 6 back on the Xbox.
Fantastic game. I loved the coop - one mission that always sticks out was in a prison of some sort. I forgot what map it was. Absolutely terrific. Along with the first Ghost Recon on Xbox as well.