Tom Clancy's The Division

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
uLqqfbn.jpg

This is me after 40 hours in, done everything including dark zone stuff completely solo so far. I actually find going lone wolf a lot more fun, although it does not seem that many people go rogue anyway, because the incentives are not very good. Game is fun as hell, but i'll probably lose interest once I finish gearing out. The end game so far for me seems to be farming named bosses in the DZ for Phoenix and spending them on high end patterns. I saw a few streamers doing the challenge mode missions, and it does not seem that rewarding for the time spent on it. But i'm happy that they made it very difficult.. looking forward to raid content and see how that looks in a game like this.
We have almost identical gear and stats - i have the same primary and sidearm - but my 2ndary is the SRS A1 - few more high end and dps is around 125. You can really glass cannon up to like 150 or higher id imagine but youd get almost no perks from weapons unless you got lucky firearm only rolls.

MossyBank

N00b
Yeah i'm already having trouble getting the perks going on my primary, you can see that they are greyed out, need like 2300+ Firearm/Health stat to activate them I think. :/ Need more gear!

But yeah i'm rocking the Vector SMG and i'm loving it. It's very fast with a tight spread.. the only thing I don't like is how small the magazines are.. gotta get more ammo capacity I think.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Does this have a decent UI/input scheme on PC or do I have to endure a console menu while playing?

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Does this have a decent UI/input scheme on PC or do I have to endure a console menu while playing?
It is impressively fluid and very "fun" to interact with. And I played it sober, then drunk, and my opinion stayed the same.

Yeah the UI is great on PC , can use movement keys to navigate or mouse , both work just fine. Yeah you lose a rank and a half if you die while Rogue , so yeah kinda brutal and no real reason other then to get someones gear to go Rogue at the moment. They really need to work on that system a lot.

spronk

FPS noob
This is me after 40 hours in, done everything including dark zone stuff completely solo so far. I actually find going lone wolf a lot more fun, although it does not seem that many people go rogue anyway, because the incentives are not very good. Game is fun as hell, but i'll probably lose interest once I finish gearing out. The end game so far for me seems to be farming named bosses in the DZ for Phoenix and spending them on high end patterns. I saw a few streamers doing the challenge mode missions, and it does not seem that rewarding for the time spent on it. But i'm happy that they made it very difficult.. looking forward to raid content and see how that looks in a game like this.[/QUOTE]There is no end game raid. Next month another incursion will be put in, but its a 4 man strike the same way missions are, can't imagine it being that different from a challenge mode mission except for new drops.

Yeah the DZ rogue stuff is completely out of whack at 50. Apparently for going rogue 5 and staying alive for the timer you get 1500 DZ credits, the equivalent of 2-3 mob drops. However if you die as a rogue 5 you lose 87,000 DZ credits!! da fuq. It scales similarly for other rogue levels too, so until they change that you will almost never see anyone going rogue.

I don't really enjoy lone wolfing the DZ, its way more fun in a 4 man group since you can plow through things and synergize the specials so they are up almost always. Solo you are always dreading a new respawn or some random ass mob running up behind you, and it feels like it takes forever to clear a pack.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I got back from a work call at 1am last night and decided to mosey into the dark zone solo and just farm some slightly lower leveled named mobs.

Two level 15s (I'm 23) roamed past me, and I heard one say in a super white voice "This American Inventor pointin' his gat at you, Imma blast em". Killed em both with a sticky grenade and an m60. Feels good, man.

edit: I think the bracket is 15-19, so how did that even happen? I may have been 22 at the time, but definitely over 19. I also remember tag-teaming some bosses with some random 21 just before the level 15s wandered over.
The zones are always the level they state for npcs

The brackets are just of your player character level to keep the humans segmented so you don't have a group of 30s going rogue and squashing all the low levels.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't think it actually enforces those DZ brackets though, or at least it doesn't seem to. I was able to waltz right in to the 0-12 or whatever bracket that DZ01 is at player level 16/DZ rank 18 and murdering everything in sight, use an evac point, etc.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I tried my first challenging mission yesterday after finally hitting 30 (yay working) and I think I have decided I will never attempt it again unless I do it with people I know, these randoms are impossible.

Glad you guys pointed out some of the DZ stuff as I am kinda lost after hitting 30. I figured DZ, Dailies and save/buy things from vendors once they refresh. Are the crafted patterns you can buy actually any good? Anybody know?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
They just did a crazy nerf on currency gain in DZ and loot drops overnight - they also nerfed the midas which was obvious.

sebur

Bronze Squire
So I guess that promotes the dailies and puts killing players back in the equation for the DZ?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So I guess that promotes the dailies and puts killing players back in the equation for the DZ?
Daily bosses in PVE drop 1-2 now also - it hits every named even those in hard mode missions. The DZ will turn more wild west only bc people wont get drops and think other may have.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
DZ PVP at endgame won't happen unless they rebalance the credit/xp gain and loss ratio. Going rogue right now is such a massive dick kick with the penalty on death being multiple DZ ranks and 100k+ currency, while the gain for surviving a manhunt is minuscule (like 2k currency and a meaningless amount of xp).

sebur

Bronze Squire
Ya, I am running around the DZ right now and nobody is killing each other, hell I am even getting rezed by people if I go down.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ya, I am running around the DZ right now and nobody is killing each other, hell I am even getting rezed by people if I go down.
They will fix that eventually. That was probably an overreaction and and misguided attempt to prevent needless griefing but it could easily be readjusted. This would cause a dramatic shift in the way DZ is played.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Just got to level 18 playing casually with a friend, and noticed purple started to show up on vendors, meanwhile crafting only has blue blueprints still and have to acquire them from side missions, and hard missions are blues at the moment. So I guess not worth crafting until max level? might as well just sell everything and buy purples? or do purples start dropping from 20-30 range?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Don't craft until you're 30 and get high-end recipes. Upconvert all your materials (have fun hitting spacebar, escape, spacebar 1000 times) and then just make high-end gear.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So easy to wait out a manhunt at low levels, just get level 4 filter and hide out in the subway