Tom Clancy's The Division

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Except no raid end game content so from a pve perspective, what's the point?

(I'm playing Devils advocate a bit to try and sway myself one way or another on buying it now or not.)

Edit: Guess it doesn't matter anyway, as I bought a nVidia code off eBay for $42. Let the games begin!

Column_sl

shitlord
It's 100% Destiny 2.0 with no raids, and being locked out of content for a month due to Xbox exclusive.

It has a much deeper skill system tho, but it lacks any kind of pvp outside of the DZ.

And the way they have the DZ set up is pretty much a mess.

Only time will tell if they destroy their game like Destiny, or actually improve it over time like Diablo 3.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
For the ~4 hours a week I'm able to play this, it is really really delivering. It might not have been much for me when I was able to binge, but for the current real life situation it is pretty fun.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
there are a ton of mini exploits to take advantage of now, some i've heard of

- there are a ton of rare elites in the normal solo PVE map. they despawn if you kill them and their guards, but if you kill them ONLY (and leave their guards alone) they respawn when you go to a safe house and back. you'll get 1-2 pCredits and a purple every time so you can just farm pC solo this way, although obviously insanely slow

- level an alt to 6, transfer over some DZ purple weps as seed money (using stash) and sell them and buy blue weps/magazines and dismantle them, you will make tons and tons of material parts which are shared across chars. Blue weps/mags sell for trivial amounts of money at level 6, whereas at 30 they sell for 10x more. This lets you create basically tons and tons of high end items to roll perfect stats with very little work. Just run a DZ loop, extra 15-25 weps, transfer, sell on your 6 alt, and spend 20 minutes filling your inventory with blue weps/mags and dismantle em all.
Was this nerfed? material parts dont seem shared anymore - my L6 person doesnt show what my high level person has in materials anymorre.

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game really falls flat on its fucking face when you hit DZ L50. I could live with farming phoenix credits but now having to farm yellow division tech? Fuck this shit.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Was this nerfed? material parts dont seem shared anymore - my L6 person doesnt show what my high level person has in materials anymorre.
I don't think they were ever shared. You put the cheap lvl 6 blues back in your stash for your lvl 30 to dismantle.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i was wrong mats aren't shared, you buy L6 blue weps/mags from the vendor, put it back in the stash, and dismantle it on your main

works great with the burger king farm - farm him for an hour or until your bags are full, transfer all the purple drops to your level 6 alt, sell them all, and use that money to buy blue weps to turn into mats

MossyBank

N00b
Just farmed a PVE named mob over and over for 4 hours, made 230 credits.. not sure if that's faster than PUGGING challenge mode dungeons, but if you like to solo shit and chillax with some music then it's not bad.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've got a level 12 second char, but I'm wondering if I should make a 6. It can't be that much of a difference in the price of items?
The answer to this question is that it does matter. I sold like 10 purples, and had enough money for 4 blues. Guess I'll need a roll a 3rd char.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Someone else in the Reddit thread also mentioned you can do it with a lvl 4 and buy up cheap greens. It's supposed to be more efficient money-wise but not time-wise.

Still working my way up through lvl 22, I miss not being bleeding-edge in these games.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I would say this game at this point is closer to Diablo for me than Destiny in that I hate Destiny and love Diablo.

I'm going to stay positive about it, I know they're supposed to be adding new shit on a monthly basis and tweaks will be made so I'm happy to see how it goes.

Before I got Diablo I wouldn't have believed I would enjoy it solely on the premise of just getting better gear and basically doing the same shit over and over but I did. I just really like the min-max game I guess.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
yeah i was wrong mats aren't shared, you buy L6 blue weps/mags from the vendor, put it back in the stash, and dismantle it on your main

works great with the burger king farm - farm him for an hour or until your bags are full, transfer all the purple drops to your level 6 alt, sell them all, and use that money to buy blue weps to turn into mats
I haven't been able to get the fucker to spawn all day =\

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't been able to get the fucker to spawn all day =\
Make sure you do teh supply mission thats to the west of the safe house. Thats how I got him to load on my game.

Now back to farming him because rerolling stats for phoenix credits is fucking dumb. Either charge me more and let me pick the stat I want or keep it random but at a fixed 30 PC.

Getting the same 4 stats in a row up to like 124 PC's for a reroll is just retarded.

spronk

FPS noob
massive/ubi is aware of the burger king farm and plans on fixing it soon, so get your farming in this weekend
The Division on Twitter:

after around 5 hours I got a cadaceus high end, pretty cool. also new vendor stock and its all the same blueprints, so division-xur is worse than real xur

Xevy

Log Wizard
With pugs I was doing a challenge mission every 20-25 minutes. So somewhere between 64 and 99 credits per hour. I probably could kill the rares faster for phoenix credit, but I can't get one to spawn. The real upside to that farming technique is you get a shit ton of loot, and purples can be worthwhile if it's a weapon. Just the chance at getting a good M1A would be worth putting a few hours into.

In regards to that dude and his (probably) shopped DPS picture: he could've just popped sig, stood in advanced cover, and used whatever else and taken a picture. I run around with 150k dps and I was in +dmg cover and I was at like 230kdps in my inventory.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I can't get any named worth a shit to spawn for farming. Maybe they do all stay permadead if you wiped them out earlier? Only one I can find that is still spawning is in the very northeast corner of the map, some sniper guy, but it's like a .4km run from the nearest safehouse and just doesn't feel worth it.

I've got every side mission/encounter/mission done on the map and it feels like that makes LESS named dudes spawn, as the JTF moves/takes control of a bunch of areas that are otherwise listed as spawn points for named dudes by the autists making those maps.