Tom Clancy's The Division

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good overview by Acidfly. I made the mistake of waiting quite a while before starting CM's because of my experience with one try I did when I even still had a blue. In reality, they're tough, but you can do them sooner than you think. Lincoln Tunnel Checkpoint is the easiest if you make use of all the high spots. Once you are able to clear a CM, the item grind speeds up until you hit the DZ50/Tech grind phase, so don't delay giving it a try and don't wait for imaginary milestones. The DPS figure, for example, is really dodgy and only provides a very rough estimate of your power as far as I've experienced. It doesn't take into account some item-based talents, and highly values the "% accuracy increase" stat (which, in a free-aiming game, is completely unrepresentative of reality most of the time). When I cleared LTC for the first time, I had 135K DPS and my friend even just 100k DPS. However, he's a pretty crack shot and we managed just fine. I'd say that as soon as you have a yellow weapon, regularly start trying LTC until you make it.

spronk

FPS noob
people have solo'd the lincoln CM with shitty gear so yeah thats the best one to grind with meh gear.
The Division Challenge Mode Solo - Lincoln Tunnel - YouTube

You can also skip the first 3 groups of mobs, just run straight up the right side until you get to the toll booths then go up kill the sniper up there and kill stuff from above. In the tunnel, leave the very last mob alive during the timer, wait until the JTF officer is completely done, then when you kill the last guy (after timer is gone) no more stuff spawns and you are done with that part. Makes the entire thing a 15 minute run with 4 people, 45 mins solo.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yep challenge mode is not nearly as hard as people think it is. Sure, randoms can be pretty bad, but I find I can carry event he worst randoms through any of them besides the power plant and my gear is nothing really special (still on purple gloves and holster cause replacing them is impossible).

Xevy

Log Wizard
I dont mind Power Plant as much as Russian Consulate
Fuck Power Plant. "Okay, you can't snipe on this level and here comes 6 shotgunners. Enjoy!"

The first challenge my group ever ran was Power Plant. We weren't even in complete purples. I think it took us 1.5 hours and probably 4 wipes at least. Now we're all geared and we basically 3 manned it last night in about 20-25minutes with one wipe on the boss because of our wet paper 4th.

Challenges become trivial if you can clear the room then focus fire the spawn points for the next waves. I think people are also scared of using their Signature abilities which they shouldn't be. I have 0 Sig resource gain and my skill is up every 5 minutes. I'm not 100% sure how, but it's either being recharged partially by kills or my smart cover cooldown reduction. Either way, 2 with damage and 2 with prot can be very useful.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'd hold off for a while to see if they actually get their shit together. Unless you really want to be running the same route as everyone else in the Dark Zonestryingto get crafting materials.
I'm actually really impressed with Ubisoft, regarding their changes and how fast they addressed player complaints.

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm actually really impressed with Ubisoft, regarding their changes and how fast they addressed player complaints.
I find the game has been turning into Destiny and not in the good way. These days everyone pretty much runs around with a Vector/M1A with a crit build, defensive signature, pulse. There's like, one build run by 80% of people.

Dailies are worse than they were in Destiny because let's face it, after a certain point, Phoenix coins just don't matter anymore. It's not like in Destiny where Xur has different shit every week and you want to have those strange coins ready just in case he has something good. Sure you can buy all the recipes you want from the DZ06 vendor but then you need division tech. Enjoy running chests over and over again hoping that a)It's up, b)Rng doesn't fuck you over and give you 2 greens and c)The rng doesn't give you the worst item rolls ever(yeah right!)

Now they've come out and said the incursions were going to be on a weekly lockout timer.

After a while you get fucking tired of running the same route in DZ05-06 to find HE division tech or the same route between 3 or 4 POI to farm the same 4 encounters over and over. It's fucking unrewarding. Progressing past DZ50 doesn't do shit except maybe grow your e-peen.

I had really high hopes for this game since the day it was anounced. Always been a fan of Tom Clancy's games, been playing since the original R6 but I think Ubisoft really strayed away from what made a Tom Clancy's game different than your typical shooter. Ubisoft likes to gadgetize their fucking games at the cost of the core mechanics. Takes me more than being able to fastrope upside down through a window to make me forget I'm playing what can be summed up as just another CoD clone. (yes Vegas im looking at you)

/rant off

spronk

FPS noob
another reason why buying these kind of MMO-lite games is better at launch than later. New ultra farm exploit - run russian embassy in challenge mode with 3-4 other people, get to the Hornet boss, run outside the mission area, Now kill the boss, let him drop his loot, run back into the mission area and let his guards kill you. Rinse and repeat, get 4 purples and a shot at a HE and some pC every kill. Even better than hutch farming. Watching them exploit move through walls is hilarious in this video
The Division | Loot/Phoenix Credits Farm Tutorial [Russian Consulate] - YouTube

kinda regret now trading the game in, i love farming like a russian serf

Xevy

Log Wizard
We sure that still works? That boss didn't drop any skins in that video which makes me think this is from an earlier patch version.

Edit: Yeah, it's this version. He got one of the skins in his video. Funny he got like 6 high ends and 1 skin though.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
another reason why buying these kind of MMO-lite games is better at launch than later. New ultra farm exploit - run russian embassy in challenge mode with 3-4 other people, get to the Hornet boss, run outside the mission area, Now kill the boss, let him drop his loot, run back into the mission area and let his guards kill you. Rinse and repeat, get 4 purples and a shot at a HE and some pC every kill. Even better than hutch farming. Watching them exploit move through walls is hilarious in this video
The Division | Loot/Phoenix Credits Farm Tutorial [Russian Consulate] - YouTube

kinda regret now trading the game in, i love farming like a russian serf
This one is actually worth doing if you have a group to do it with. The drops from the boss are ilvl 31 so just as good as anything you can craft, and he drops quite a few different weapons, notably augs and m4s.

Anyone wants to get in on it tomorrow add me on uPlay @ Obsequey and we can grind it a while. I still need a decent M4, so gonna probably be grinding this for a bit.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This one is actually worth doing if you have a group to do it with. The drops from the boss are ilvl 31 so just as good as anything you can craft, and he drops quite a few different weapons, notably augs and m4s.

Anyone wants to get in on it tomorrow add me on uPlay @ Obsequey and we can grind it a while. I still need a decent M4, so gonna probably be grinding this for a bit.
Level 13, looking for some PL to 30 to get in on this item grind while it's still alive! Love you guys long time.

Add me on uplay: Bigcrone

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am just taking my time with this one. I am level 24 now - still have some main story missions left and have been doing the side quests for each safe house. I haven't been doing all the other little things. I went into the DZ once and got my ass kicked but achieved DZ Rank 3. Ha! I am not going to be one of those grinders for the best gear. I figure by the time I finish it, I'll trade it in. I ended up getting my money's worth, although I didn't play with a lot of folks. Lots of random pugs and no voice chat, but I still think it is a decent enough game. But again, I am not on the high end spectrum. I'll play this for a few hours and then switch over to Rocket League. I have also been working on my backlog in the meantime as well. I finished Alien Isolation, Witcher 3 is about 70% complete so that is next, then I will work on FC4, Madmax, and Phantom Pain. Dark Souls 3 will end up getting a lot of time coming up in a few weeks, but as always, I'll get frustrated or hit a road block and take a break with something else.

Jozu

I am just taking my time with this one. I am level 24 now - still have some main story missions left and have been doing the side quests for each safe house. I haven't been doing all the other little things. I went into the DZ once and got my ass kicked but achieved DZ Rank 3. Ha! I am not going to be one of those grinders for the best gear. I figure by the time I finish it, I'll trade it in. I ended up getting my money's worth, although I didn't play with a lot of folks. Lots of random pugs and no voice chat, but I still think it is a decent enough game. But again, I am not on the high end spectrum. I'll play this for a few hours and then switch over to Rocket League. I have also been working on my backlog in the meantime as well. I finished Alien Isolation, Witcher 3 is about 70% complete so that is next, then I will work on FC4, Madmax, and Phantom Pain. Dark Souls 3 will end up getting a lot of time coming up in a few weeks, but as always, I'll get frustrated or hit a road block and take a break with something else.
Astonishingly reasonable assessment.

Im basically in the same boat. I feel like its worth buying after they have updated shit and are trying to make the game better.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

You on PC? I'd like to get in on it; uPlay fattest_foot.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Astonishingly reasonable assessment.

Im basically in the same boat. I feel like its worth buying after they have updated shit and are trying to make the game better.
I would probably do more end game if they actually had content to suffice for it. Right now it's DZ's and bullet sponge NPC's. That's a lazy way out. If they had some meaningful raid/story content at the end with the same match making system and throw 6 people in a group or something with the same mechanics as to how it works today, I would probably end up playing through that more. Rather than just grind the same challenge missions I already played for the random number generator gun I get. This game is in dire need of ACTUAL high end content. But my guess is they do not care at this point - they'll launch the season pass content, and have probably already started in on Division 2.

Crone

Why do PUGs infuriate me so bad? Holy crap getting into a simple matchmaking mission at level 14, only to the have the guys be complete asshats triggers me so bad!

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
I'm thinking that a lot of you complaining are playing it single-player, and as a single-player game there are a lot of failings to be sure. However, as multiplayer, especially in Dark Zone, there is a lot of fun to be had imho. This is like Call of Duty MP but with higher stakes. Yesterday mbromley88, sarthis, tidusCEO, and I were running around DZ06. We get jumped by another group of 4 while we were killing mobs, they took me down, the rest ran and we regrouped. Found the same group while they were rogue, took them down. Then when we were extracting on the rooftop in DZ06, they tried jumping us but we destroyed them. After extracting, we go outside....and a minute later we see that they are extracting! We go back up to the rooftop, kill one guy, another guy books it. Mbromley is super-astute and figures he must have good loot on him. He and I go after him, he runs down into the subway area, we kill him and he drops a Midas lol. A little while later, another group is extracting, we smoke them and one of them drops gold gloves. So it was a fun mix of killing mobs, raising DZ levels, and PvPing.

And I would not sweat the Division tech circuit. Sure it's a pain in the ass to farm, but my guess is once Incursion drops the set items will supersede and replace anything we currently use.

Also, if you are playing single-player, queue up for Lincoln Tunnel challenge, don't bother with the rest, especially if you are matchmaking. Even with pure randoms you should be able to finish it in under an hour. With a set group we do it in 20 minutes. If you see that the daily is Russian Consulate or Power Plant, don't even bother pugging it, it will take you hours to finish if you are lucky. Meanwhile, you could have farmed Lincoln Tunnel and finished it maybe 4 or 5 times in the same time frame and gotten several gold drops and 20 phoenix credits per run.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Why do PUGs infuriate me so bad? Holy crap getting into a simple matchmaking mission at level 14, only to the have the guys be complete asshats triggers me so bad!
I haven't ever had an issue with any of the missions I have queued matching for. I go to the spot, click quickmatch, enter the group, in and out in about 15-20 minutes. Across all missions on PS4. How are they being asshats? Just dumb at playing the game?

Devlin

Golden Squire
Because anyone who needs to group prior to 30 is probably functionally retarded.

I'm liking the game more and more, gearing up really gives a tangible increase in power.

Torn between getting the handstop pattern to make me all gold or the MK17 pattern because I want a HE sniper rifle.