Tom Clancy's The Division

Xevy

Log Wizard
Smart cover/pulse are amazing for PVE. Sticky blind bomb can be great too. Smart cover also stacks... hint hint.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like the gear grind is gonna be tedious once I finally get to level 30 without the exploit. Guess that adds longevity to the game though?

Jozu

lol Im not even close to having anything even close to acceptable as far as gear goes. Not only did I not exploit but my bitterness over the DZ amongs other stupid shit caused me to stop playing Obviously I gave it another chance after patch and was somewhat surprised but holy shit Im so far behind its a joke. Its going t take FOREVER to get all high-end gear.

But I really dont mind too much. Its just more incentive to play I guess and try and grind to get the shit I need to actually PVP and have fun, the reason I bought the game.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't think it's that bad, just doing the daily's gets you a blueprint every other day. The biggest grind seems to be DZ 30 to 50 if you don't have a group to just mow through the areas. Is it possible to get 1800 in all 3 stats? My Vector is missing a talent due to that, should I just reroll the gun instead?

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
The gear disparity isn't that bad, just grinding out your dailies will catch you up quick enough. Probably the biggest issue is not having all of the shitload of crafting mats that BK provided. It won't take too long to be able to do challenge mode farms which will help gear you up relatively quick.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Smart cover/pulse are amazing for PVE. Sticky blind bomb can be great too. Smart cover also stacks... hint hint.
Yeah, smart cover should pretty much be run by all 4 players in a PvE group. The other 4 skills can be split between flashbang sticky, gas seeker, and ammo boxes/res boxes. Turret is trash because it dies in 2 seconds on challenge mode and first aid is fairly unnecessary.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah 4x smart cover so you can melt stuff, 2 ammo boxes (health/ammo) and then whatever for the last two. I've seen some excellent use of the ballistic shield, where one guy with high electronics can "tank" with it while the other 3 smart cover and melt every enemy that is focused on shield guy.

the DZ can honestly be 100% ignored for gearing up. At 30 all you do is run hard modes solo over and over (I recommend general assembly, drops like 7 purples and a shot at a HE) until you are fully purpled out, then find a group to farm challenge mode lexington/event until you have bought every pC pattern from the BoO special items vendor. This will take approximately 10-20 hours depending on how fast you can farm CMs. By this time you will have level HE 31 crafted items in about 1/2 your slots and HE 30 or 31 items in every other slot. MORE than enough gear to tackle incursions when it arrives, I guarantee it. Especially if they rotate the blueprints on the special items vendor as they have promised to do.

You can do DZ ranking for fun if you want but again its really not needed in any meaningful way. Even for PVPers, there is no pattern in there that you NEED to PVP, since there isn't any sort of player damage reduction buff or ability. Just always use the 80% dmg reduction super while the DZ, and always play with 3 other players its dumb going solo in the DZ.

Usehttp://thedivisionlfg.comor reddit to find other people to play with

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I believe they have nerfed the smart cover stacking, so that tactic should not be relied upon. Smart Cover is still awesome and I love running it with pulse on my electronics build!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Spronk, are you saying the lvl 50 DZ patterns are crap? I figured they were ilvl31, and you'd want something for the slots the BoO doesn't sell (chest, holster, gloves...?).

I tried soloing in the DZ yesterday and it fucking sucked. I have like 120k dps, 50k hp, and 15k electronics. Still haven't ran a single hard or challenge mode mission.

Column_sl

shitlord
They are 31 and they are not crap if you get a good roll.

You want to get 50 anyway just to buy High end equipment for DZ credit to disenchant

spronk

FPS noob
Spronk, are you saying the lvl 50 DZ patterns are crap? I figured they were ilvl31, and you'd want something for the slots the BoO doesn't sell (chest, holster, gloves...?).

I tried soloing in the DZ yesterday and it fucking sucked. I have like 120k dps, 50k hp, and 15k electronics. Still haven't ran a single hard or challenge mode mission.
the patterns are good but RNG and require gold division tech. Division tech golds are insane RNG, there are a handful of chests in the DZ that can drop them but its RNG whether you get green, blue or yellow and there is no way to turn blue/green into yellow like normal crafting mats. The chests are on 2 hour shared respawn timers, so if someone else beat you to them too bad! Bosses can also drop division tech but its crazy rare.

So yeah, you'll spend like 20 hours farming maybe enough division tech to craft 2 items, and then you better hope the rolls on those 2 items don't suck...

just far better right now to take the 30 HEs you get from CMs, sometimes 31, and roll with those rather than waste 100+ hours farming division tech mats to roll crafted gear on, not to mention the dozens of hours it'll take you to level up to 50 DZ to buy those patterns. Especially if Ubi suddenly rotates new patterns into the BOO pC vendor (which they have said they WILL do soon) that just lets you craft 31 HE items with normal mats, then you'll be wanting to throw your screen out the window thinking about how much time you wasted.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
FWIW grinding out General Assembly (last mission) on hard is pretty good for mats and a decent turn around on high-end items even if they tend to be ilvl 30. Takes around 10mins start to finish and has 3 bosses. I will miss BK though as I was able to farm him while watching season 2 of Daredevil.

Edit: And now that I scrolled back up I see that spronk already mentioned General Assembly!.

Devlin

Golden Squire
So you are talking about a game you are not even playing, I gotcha.
Mind blowing.

The game has been out like 3 weeks and has both free and paid updates incoming of which we have seen thus far none whatsoever.

Is the send money to alt for crafting mats exploit still working? I need a better Vector and farming the mats isn't fast enough.

Crone

So power leveling works pretty well. I couldn't find anything all that definite online about how it works or if it even does so has a couple level 30 friends group with me while I'm level 10.

All rioters in game scale up to about 25. But this is ok, because they were easy for my friend and give instead of normal 20-40 exp, they give 250+ exp! Really adds up in a mission. Then that's the other awesome thing. Missions give tons more exp. Was running the story missions and each one was giving 30-50k experience. Was getting over a level per mission ran.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If you're not using the cover buff you're probably doing it wrong. That shit is how you turn challenge missions in to 10-15 minute runs. Stacks with itself, and just puts out absurd damage when done so. The most "efficient" challenge run comps are basically 3 cover buffs and a scan, with like 2 healing stations and 2 CC skills of your choice.

The riot shield is pretty meh, but it's still relatively effective if you look at it as CC via the taunt it has. It's HP doesn't really keep up with challenge enemy damage though so it gets outshined.

Turrets really lose their luster in challenge missions, they just don't have the HP to be worth it really. This gets even worse if you're fighting LMB as they will all get instahacked anyway.

The remote bomb is trash for damage, but the CC mod for it is godlike. Low base cooldown, huge AE, and when combined with the right talents is usually enough CC by itself to handle most challenge missions.

Edit: There was a whole nother page here that I didn't see it seems, most of this has been covered already

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pulse is a must for snipers as well. Two people can keep it up nearly 100%. Definitely can if you run smart cover with the cooldown reducer built in.