Tom Clancy's The Division

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok so I am 30. My stats suck I am sure. But I have some purps and a 63k DPS gun now with mods. I still need to fully unlock the medica, tech, and Security in my base they are either 80 or 90%. Should I do that first before heading into DZ's? Or should I do challenge missions before DZ? Also, who wants to bring me through a DZ and carry my ass
smile.png

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
I hit 30 2 nights ago and have similar stats to you, but I do have all wings at 100% after some tech/med mission farming. I haven't headed in to the DZ, but I have done the daily hards. I tried the daily challenging and got my shit pushed in, good grief. Which DZs are the pvp DZs and which ones are a little more friendly? Anyone? Bueller?

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I've got 145k dps, 50k health, and 9k electronics (OK, not great, I know) completely solo.
Upgrade the wings to 100% first, then start running the hard mode dailies.
As suggested earlier in this thread, I bought the vector HE blueprint first, then the magazine, the firearms backpack, firearms mask, and most recently the firearms gear mod.
Time for me to start grouping for the daily challenging mode

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Unlock all your wings first. You get the master skills for doing so, and it's worthwhile just to have everything available.

DZ is up to you. In its current state, you don't really need to do the DZ at all. In fact, I'd argue that it's pretty worthless. The only things worth a shit you'll get from it are the blueprints, and you need DZ lvl 50 for that. DZ01 and DZ02 are where most of the gankers are. Personally, I gave up at around DZ20 on actually leveling. It's just not worth my time. At this point I've got nearly full HE gear (167k dps, 65k hp, 18k electronics), so why bother?

I'd recommend running hard dailies until you can afford a Vector blueprint, and then running challenging mode. Get a magazine, backpack, and mask blueprint from the BoO vendor. From there, it's up to you what to do.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
This format for the reveal is terrible. 10 seconds of non-relevant gameplay and then 5 minutes of people talking with no enthusiasm.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This format for the reveal is terrible. 10 seconds of non-relevant gameplay and then 5 minutes of people talking with no enthusiasm.
No doubt. Here are the cliff notes.

1) Gear sets including a PvP specific Gear Set.
2) The incursion is surviving 15 waves of enemies (With an actual counter) and then destroying an APC.

rolleyes.png

Jesus. Holy padding of this entire show.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If you ever wanted to know who did the voice over for Travis Miles in Fallout 4's Diamond City DJ, you are now witnessing the real life version which hasn't changed much.

This stream... My God. You all should be watching this and laughing your ass off.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It being a crappy stream aside the incursion info and update seems quite solid. Set gear, new features, DZ specific set and more reasons to run all the missions etc.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It being a crappy stream aside the incursion info and update seems quite solid. Set gear, new features, DZ specific set and more reasons to run all the missions etc.
Except the incursion is nothing more than defeat 15 waves of enemies with a counter to signify each one (Without checkpoints) and then you blow up an APC at the end for your one piece of high end weekly loot. gear sets are fine, we have had those since 2005 in countless other games. When Travis Miles there asked about unique incursions, they said they have played them and cannot talk about them yet. It's ridiculous. Show some unique/fun things to do that make the game different from a mission type perspective.

This was painful to watch. In the meantime, I would be guessing they will have an opening for a community manager tomorrow.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Except the incursion is nothing more than defeat 15 waves of enemies with a counter to signify each one (Without checkpoints) and then you blow up an APC at the end for your one piece of high end weekly loot. gear sets are fine, we have had those since 2005 in countless other games. When Travis Miles there asked about unique incursions, they said they have played them and cannot talk about them yet. It's ridiculous. Show some unique/fun things to do that make the game different from a mission type perspective.

This was painful to watch. In the meantime, I would be guessing they will have an opening for a community manager tomorrow.
They didnt say the APC was the end boss, id hope that they wouldnt show the last encounter of the Incursion in the stream and i doubt they did considering how they were trying to beat around the bush so hard with everything else.

Im not sure what you were expecting beyond gear sets, it was pretty much exactly what i wanted them to announce besides enabling legit x2 grouping which it seems they are hellbent on not including yet. All around despite the shitty stream they are giving me exactly what i wanted them to in the game.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Ok so I am 30. My stats suck I am sure. But I have some purps and a 63k DPS gun now with mods. I still need to fully unlock the medica, tech, and Security in my base they are either 80 or 90%. Should I do that first before heading into DZ's? Or should I do challenge missions before DZ? Also, who wants to bring me through a DZ and carry my ass
smile.png
My experience of the DZ is there isn't anything there apart from random mobs and sometimes other people that will probably just run past you.

Play hard modes until you're in decent purples and get the crafted vector.

Then farm Lincoln tunnel on challenging for Phoenix points. A good team can get it done in 15 minutes and honestly it's impossible to fail it.

If you venture into the other challenging modes you'll be royally bummed, teams who aren't using comms and don't have good gear get recked very quickly.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
queued up for lincoln tunnel challenging mode, and got put with a group of about 20 people (they were all together on teamspeak according to one of them that I chatted up a bit) running the mission over and over again. I was only able to tag along for three runs, but each run was about 10 mins. The dude I was talking to said they had been doing it for a couple hours. I havent looked into it, but it seems there is a common bug being used to cheese the challenging missions...

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
queued up for lincoln tunnel challenging mode, and got put with a group of about 20 people (they were all together on teamspeak according to one of them that I chatted up a bit) running the mission over and over again. I was only able to tag along for three runs, but each run was about 10 mins. The dude I was talking to said they had been doing it for a couple hours.I havent looked into it, but it seems there is a common bug being used to cheese the challenging missions...
Going away tomorrow apparently:

[Changelog] - April 1, 2016 Maintenance | Forums

---

Full reddit notes for thsoe not already on reddit:

CITY_F0X comments on Special Report about the next update: Incursions!

OMG THANK YOU, you dropped my first reddit Gold
biggrin.png

Stream Notes: (Will Update) This Update Hits the 12th of April
biggrin.png

"We read your feedback, trust us"

- Incursions were hard, they made them harder, "Don't expect to beat it on the first or second time."

- Best Gear and Weapons in the Incursions.

- Concept art shows a really cool underground, huge area for "Falcon Lost," LMB is confirmed as main enemies and have access to vehicles.

- 4 different gear sets, powerful talents are granted when you have all the gear in a set equipped, will "change the way we play," Sets are a green color.

- Gear Sets are a reward for Incursion, one gear set is specific to the Dark Zone experience (called "Path of the Nomad").

- "Strikers Battle Gear" Combat assault, for grunts.

- "Sentry's Assault" For Electronics lovers.

- "There are blueprints"

- Looks like a gear set for each play style.

- "When you hit level 30, item level will be removed and "Gear Score" will be added."

- Gear Sets require a trade off, probably sacrificing stats for the powerful bonuses.

- Instead of player levels in the future, we will see there gear score.

- Confirmed that we will be able to view players gear.

- "Trading" If a group is playing and they all get a good drop, they can trade stuff they don't want.

- In Dark Zone must trade at checkpoints, protect players from stealing.

- The "500 Slot" Backpack was just a dev build, Massive pls nerf Dev.

- Trading works by dropping it on the ground, that means that a random person in a group can steal your gear. Be carful.

- "Assignments" Weekly and Daily objectives, already on your map, you will get Phoenix credits, division tech (No Word on HE). Some is Combat Themed, Dark Zone Themed. "Kill X number of Rikers."

- "Supply Drops" Dark Zone item, "really good loot in them," available to whole group. You don't need to extract these items. Happens every hour, guarded by "Tough Enemies."

- "Spectator Camera" You can view other players after you die, FINALLY. Switch Between them, move around the camera, sounds like the way they have it in GTA: Online when you die.

- Now showing a "hilarious" community video. Its not.

- Most predictable way to get Gear Sets is Incursions, however you can get them anywhere.
Falcon Lost Specific:

Incursion Specific:

- LMB have taken over a water plant, FL is underground.

- Story wise you NEED to retake the water plant

- 4 Man Squad only, you don't see player levels, just gear score. Looks better honestly.

- Story Wise (Spoiler Warnings) Bliss is dead (shocking) new person has taken over, big explosions happen.

- Some objectives in the incursion include a "Eliminate X number of waves" and "Destroy APC"

- 2 Difficulties, Hard Mode is the easiest, at least Level 31 gear to be effective. Then Challenge Mode, you need the new gear to be effective. Overall, needs a higher level of focus.

- Challenge mode is "brutal," the best developers and the best gear took them a couple days to beat it on challenge mode.

- Its very fun, if you love a challenge, get ready for tactical gameplay.

- There will be more Incursions after this "Many More"

- Story wise, there are big events happening in the world.

- Need a good group, need good synergy, might be hard with randoms.

- Will probably start to use more consumables.

- APC does huge damage, but you can get away from fire.

- There are flying "Drones" that need to be dealt with differently versus humans. Complete 180 in terms of facing them.

- Matchmaking, required gear score though.

- If you fail, all die, you start from the beginning.

- If you beat it, you may get a "good gun" and may get a gear set item.

- NO WEEKLY TIMER, however for the first time you do it for that week, you get a better reward.

- Can't damage APC with bullets. Special way to kill it, new mechanic.

- "Group coordination is key."

- Completely new location.

- Future Incursions will have new mechanics, they have played them.

- Challenge mode is the sure fire way to get Gear Sets.

- You can get the weekly reward with multiple characters.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
They didnt say the APC was the end boss, id hope that they wouldnt show the last encounter of the Incursion in the stream and i doubt they did considering how they were trying to beat around the bush so hard with everything else.
It's 15 waves and the main enemy is the APC - it's already inherent in the game mechanics because you are tossing bombs at it from pick ups of dead enemies after each wave. They were obtuse on upcoming incursions. What you saw in the stream is the incursion we are getting and it was the whole deal. 15 wave survival mode with objects thrown in to destroy the APC. Without checkpoints. One weekly reward that is greater than the rest of the times you run it. At least it's different, but it's still a glorified survival mode people will run once a week for a set gear piece, and I am guessing some other high end gear and purps will drop from multiple runs. PUGS will get their ass kicked
smile.png

There isn't anything else.

At least it is different, and they commented on more mechanics and mission styles which is good, but they need to start pumping these out about 2 times a month for hardcore players. It doesn't effect me because I am super casual.

Column_sl

shitlord
15 waves really seems slim given all the broken shit that is in the game right now.

And everyone says Pugs will get there ass kicked in every game yet once the strats are out ( within a couple days) it's business as usual...

Survival mode is some lazy shit.