Tom Clancy's The Division

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The crafting changes on top of the massive reduction in ease of Phoenix Coins since the early phases of the game is a colossal 'fuck you' to any player that did not rush to 30 and farm/exploit right away.

I honestly have no idea what is going through their little French minds, it is basically saying to anyone : "if you aren't fully kitted in level 30 yellows by next Tuesday you might as well just give up."

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
What stats (stamina/dps) should I have to move from UN Assembly (Hard) to Tunnel (Challenge) mode?
Around 100k/50k/X just try to put yourself in good positions so you aren't dying all the time. Use your grenades to cc and consumables to boost your dps. Incendiary bullets for shot gunners, water for heavy elites, and cc grenades for both the aforementioned mob types. As said before people are so geared now it's easy to carry, but I hate constantly reviving people because they can't position well.

On a side note I'm thinking about starting over on PC. Anyone out there playing on a set schedule need a consistent member for incursions? My ps4 crew is rather lacking and I'm getting tired of console potato aim. This game certainly has enough ass to keep me involved until the Warcraft expansion.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
The crafting changes on top of the massive reduction in ease of Phoenix Coins since the early phases of the game is a colossal 'fuck you' to any player that did not rush to 30 and farm/exploit right away.

I honestly have no idea what is going through their little French minds, it is basically saying to anyone : "if you aren't fully kitted in level 30 yellows by next Tuesday you might as well just give up."
My thoughts coming from a new player (started little over a week ago). No exploit farming anymore so much less yellow drops and much harder to get Phoenix credits.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I gave up a while ago. Games a dead end.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Well, even though the game is likely to die soon with the stupid changes they are making, still need to know something. Is it better to get the HE Black Market AK or the Vector 45 blueprint?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, even though the game is likely to die soon with the stupid changes they are making, still need to know something. Is it better to get the HE Black Market AK or the Vector 45 blueprint?
Vector. I have this now. Make sure to build it before the patch hits. Jesus. I haven't exploited at all and I had to find a few resources even with dismantling everything I own and never selling anything. This change is absolutely 100% ridiculous. So make sure your number one goal is not only to acquire that blue print, but craft as many as you can within the RNG simulator to get a decent roll before that blue print and crafting all together becomes 100% futile. I will still see how these changes pan out, but with Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4 soon after, if it's a pain in the ass, forget it. Plenty of other good games to play and most definitely will not be purchasing any of their DLC.

GonzytheMage

I'm telling you guys farming the city on select routes then changing servers and repeat is going to be the thing.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Around 100k/50k/X just try to put yourself in good positions so you aren't dying all the time. Use your grenades to cc and consumables to boost your dps. Incendiary bullets for shot gunners, water for heavy elites, and cc grenades for both the aforementioned mob types. As said before people are so geared now it's easy to carry, but I hate constantly reviving people because they can't position well.

On a side note I'm thinking about starting over on PC. Anyone out there playing on a set schedule need a consistent member for incursions? My ps4 crew is rather lacking and I'm getting tired of console potato aim. This game certainly has enough ass to keep me involved until the Warcraft expansion.
I'm on PC, and play some odd hours, but always down to roll with Rerolled bros. uPlay name is: BigCrone , add me if you want. I'm sitting at 65k DPS, 60k Health, farming UN Consulate missions to up my stats. By no means am I a power gamer though, and typically get to play in the mornings versus evenings.

Speaking of stats though, what should the stat weights be? If I have a piece of gear that raises my DPS by 5k, but drops my health by 10k, is that better? Is there a general rule of thumb to follow?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh. My. God.

Check out the new gear set for high end incursion completion! WTF! Bye Bye Division.

hP7Vr4n.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
irish green? eww

i look forward to this update, mostly cuz i think it'll drop the price of the gold digital game to $40 when everyone quits

GonzytheMage

I'm on PC, and play some odd hours, but always down to roll with Rerolled bros. uPlay name is: BigCrone , add me if you want. I'm sitting at 65k DPS, 60k Health, farming UN Consulate missions to up my stats. By no means am I a power gamer though, and typically get to play in the mornings versus evenings.

Speaking of stats though, what should the stat weights be? If I have a piece of gear that raises my DPS by 5k, but drops my health by 10k, is that better? Is there a general rule of thumb to follow?
What you are eventually trying to get to is around 160k/60k/X with 60% mitigation with optimal talents on gear/weapons. In the current meta that's a smg/m1a/ak47.

You want enough hps/mitagation to not get one shot in a CM by a sniper or shot gunner, then dump the rest into dps.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Who cares what color the icon is?
People should be more concerned with the hilariously bad stats on the items and lack of bonuses compared to HE gear we already have. And these are the set piece rewards which will drop for you once per week on completion of an incursion. Better gear has already been obtained from challenges and crafting, is in the wild, and players that are high end will be rewarded with nothing for completing incursions. Literally zero upgrades with set gear. It's actually a step down from what they will already have. Their normalization process is completely backwards - and quite frankly, I cannot believe any of the team can call themselves designers after this goes through. It's a trainwreck.

This is a complete joke, and these developers are clueless.

GonzytheMage

Do we have a list of the set bonuses yet? That's going the be their only saving grace assuming they aren't terrible.

I figured that's where this game would incorporate it's build diversity just like Diablo 3 does with its set items.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
People should be more concerned with the hilariously bad stats on the items and lack of bonuses compared to HE gear we already have. And these are the set piece rewards which will drop for you once per week on completion of an incursion. Better gear has already been obtained from challenges and crafting, is in the wild, and players that are high end will be rewarded with nothing for completing incursions. Literally zero upgrades with set gear. It's actually a step down from what they will already have. Their normalization process is completely backwards - and quite frankly, I cannot believe any of the team can call themselves designers after this goes through. It's a trainwreck.

This is a complete joke, and these developers are clueless.
Really? do you see the 2, 4, or 6 piece set bonuses? or the talent it supposedly unlocks from having x amount of them? Youre looking at items that could have just had low/bad rolls - this really says nothing at all except you will react to just about anything.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Really? do you see the 2, 4, or 6 piece set bonuses? or the talent it supposedly unlocks from having x amount of them? Youre looking at items that could have just had low/bad rolls - this really says nothing at all except you will react to just about anything.
Given the status of the crafting nerf and the lack of foresight, I doubt these people know anything right now on how to balance their game.

Christ, most of these aren't even moddable for God's sake.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I saw that in I believe Arekkz's video about incursions. I'm hoping the set gear shown is from the hard mode incursions and that the challenge mode will be significantly better.

If they really think people are going to be running around with 60k dps and 50k hp, they obviously aren't even playing the game. But that's also why I'm convinced their whole line about "incursions will be super hard" is bullshit. I give it two weeks max before even casuals are farming them regularly. Mostly this is because anytime I see the devs actually playing the game, they look functionally retarded. Like, no one can aim worth a shit, they've got poor tactics, etc.

I don't know how you can design a video game when you're terrible at video games, but I guess it happens.