Tom Clancy's The Division

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
I was upset about the crafting changes when I first heard them, but it won't bother me at all if the quantity and quality of drops from incursions rise. We will have to see what set bonuses end up being, but the introduction of ilvl 32 items will be good.

I get that they do not want the meta to be "gather mats->craft 40*Vector->profit" - I don't want that either. I just hope they realize that if incursion loot sucks ass, they will have a riot. If it is good, I think this crafting crap will be forgotten in a week because no one will want to craft anyway.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Running Policy Academy right now, if anyone is online and wants to join. Chain running them. uPlay: BigCrone

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I saw that in I believe Arekkz's video about incursions. I'm hoping the set gear shown is from the hard mode incursions and that the challenge mode will be significantly better.

If they really think people are going to be running around with 60k dps and 50k hp, they obviously aren't even playing the game. But that's also why I'm convinced their whole line about "incursions will be super hard" is bullshit. I give it two weeks max before even casuals are farming them regularly. Mostly this is because anytime I see the devs actually playing the game, they look functionally retarded. Like, no one can aim worth a shit, they've got poor tactics, etc.

I don't know how you can design a video game when you're terrible at video games, but I guess it happens.
Incursions are not going to be hard at all. Thus far the devs seem willfully ignorant of the various bugged/exploitable skills that exist. I guarantee you incursions will be a joke with people stacking trapped cover and abusing gear talents (reckless, recovery etc). They also seem to just be unaware of the level of DPS the high end players are putting out right now.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Apparently "you guys only have half the story on the crafting changes, trust me you won't be disappointed." in regards to the crafting change.
Which probably means they're scrambling now from the backlash yesterday to fix the fuck up, why still no info on the other side if you already have a plan?.

Also, "People have too much gear right now", "having perfect gear is not a necessity."
Quotes by massive employees on their streams.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Also, "People have too much gear right now", "having perfect gear is not a necessity."
So they fundamentally do not understand how to make a Diablo game then, great. RIP Division, you were mostly fun for a bit.

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
It took diablo a freaking long time to get it right. I am hoping they learned something from watching that, but just not sure.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Apparently "you guys only have half the story on the crafting changes, trust me you won't be disappointed." in regards to the crafting change.
Which probably means they're scrambling now from the backlash yesterday to fix the fuck up, why still no info on the other side if you already have a plan?.

Hah yeah thats retarded, everyone wants perfect gear in every game - how can they be so dumb to not understand that. Rarely a game comes out that involves gear where people arent going to atleast try to min/max.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Spent a few hours doing Policy Academy. Boosted me up to 90k DPS, 50k health. Might be time to drop back into Lincoln Tunnel and see how I do there.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You should be fine, just run smart cover cause likely all of the rest of your team will probably be on scan.

Xevy

Log Wizard
To be honest, I never exploited and I have pretty good gear (like 190k dps, 55khp, 11k skillpower with Vector, 140kish with M1A) and it's mostly due to running challenging missions. Once you get a good group, you're clear 2-4 of those an hour for 120 PC, 16+ purples, some high ends, and either RNG luck on the HE armor reward to be useful (probably 2-3 of my pieces are from that) and if not you can DE the HE armor for fabric and buy the patterns to try and RNG a good one. If you get up to the 100k dps, 50khp mark and find a good PuG and stick with it for 2-4 hours or whatever time you can you can really get up there.

The nerf to upconversion of mats is, stupid, for the most part, however I think I understand. They don't want us farming garbage purples to make mats to then RNG craft 50 vectors to get our end game gun. That's not fun. D3 had a series like that where crafted weapons were BiS if you got a good roll and they had to work several different ways to get away from that. For now I'd say hunker down, grind CM's, get the mats and craft while you can. Don't get hung up on the 'perfect' vector. Get Brutal or Deadly and another good or decent perk and move on. Get the good mods, get the good firearm patterns, make your mags and scopes.

Right now a lot of you are talking about 'catching up' to the first day people, but that's the thing. In the first week those people were done. There's a major ceiling on gear and people hit that fast. So they're not building a bigger lead, they're at the dead end and you're making your way up to them. Just grind the living fuck out of CM and get the mats and the credits. The rest is just RNG.

And all CM bosses drop lvl 31 HE's, not just Russian Consulate.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I never bothered with any of the sploit farms either. Just running a few challenge modes every night was more than enough to get me to the top of the gear pile, though I still lack a high end M4 cause Hornet is a stingy cunt and I can't be arsed to finish my DZ to 50.

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Pretty much the same, I've never exploited. I do the hard dailies solo, run Lincoln Tunnel once or twice a night with friends and have 150/80/13. I still have two purple armor slots, and a purple marksman rifle.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I gave up and settled for crit chance/armor shred/accuracy cause I sick to death of rolling them.

Talents on high end items are really shittily designed across the entire spectrum, not just on weapons though. How many slots have a usable item talent on them, not counting bugged shit like the replenishment one? Or if they have a usable talent, it's the ONLY usable one, and the rest actually do nothing at all (talking to you here credit find etc).

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Yea I gave up and settled for crit chance/armor shred/accuracy cause I sick to death of rolling them.

Talents on high end items are really shittily designed across the entire spectrum, not just on weapons though. How many slots have a usable item talent on them, not counting bugged shit like the replenishment one? Or if they have a usable talent, it's the ONLY usable one, and the rest actually do nothing at all (talking to you here credit find etc).
Not getting anywhere close to your rolls.

I am seeing people that are constantly shimmering green (like they are being healed constantly). What is causing that, a gear talent?

Devlin

Golden Squire
rrr_img_130576.jpg

These I believe are currently my Correct stats, I say believe because they change sometimes for no reason.

They should concentrate on fixing their shit before needing stuff.

Those set items stats don't look anywhere near bad enough to warrant those scores, I'd wager the game has just given up on the maths it's so fucking bad at.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
rrr_img_130576.jpg

These I believe are currently my Correct stats, I say believe because they change sometimes for no reason.

They should concentrate on fixing their shit before needing stuff.

Those set items stats don't look anywhere near bad enough to warrant those scores, I'd wager the game has just given up on the maths it's so fucking bad at.
The way the game does math must be flawed b/c how the stats are determined makes so little sense. Sometimes i log on and im at 185k and sometimes it says 150k and ive changed nothing at all. I keep hoping one of the patches will eliminate the bug and shit will come full circle.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Not getting anywhere close to your rolls.

I am seeing people that are constantly shimmering green (like they are being healed constantly). What is causing that, a gear talent?
People with the constant green shimmer are using the replenishment or whatever it's called talent on high end masks that heals for 2% of max health every second while under a CC effect. Because the game is a broken mess this lasts until you die/zone if you flashbang yourself, so free constant healing forever basically.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
FYI: If you do not like where this patch is heading (Depending on how the patch rolls out) you can trade in Division for $27 at BB, use best buy gamer club to get DS3 for $47.99. Basically getting DS3 for $20. Not sure if $27 is worth it though. Unless it was $40 or so, may as well hang onto it for 6 months down the road.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Well, looks like I'll be spending a few hours doing that material run posted earlier before the nerfs next week. Finally ran out of tools and weapon parts trying to craft a usable Vector.