Tom Clancy's The Division

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Shit like that does make me avoid buying multi-platform games for the PC, if it's PC only they tend to put more safeguards in.

The PC version graphics are admittedly gorgeous but I won't notice it 99% of the time anyway.
The awesome part is soloing the incursion using this.

---

If the mods want this gone then gone this part:

Googling the following will get you started:

Windowed Fullscreen

turn off all overlays including uplay overlays.

If your game is continuing to crash they may have fixed a couple of them or you still have an overlay active somewhere.

Nvidia, mumble, discord..whatever. 0 overlays lol.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Newest exploit uses AHK to change weapons rapidly which apparently confuses the game into stacking buffs. The guy who did it was able to two shot the APC.

Judge_Mental

Trakanon Raider
It works for items as well. The backpack with inventive (13% sp at full health) works and probably works with savage too.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Jesus... This game just has so many damn exploits. This hits a new high of incompetence of a studio. Hell, Schilling (and his former company) probably wouldn't of been that incompetent in regards to exploits, and that bastard couldn't even balance a checkbook.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
What kind of experience were you hoping for. I get the feeling for some reason that no matter what they did, you wouldn't have been happy as long as someone was bitching. You seem to really attach yourself to the problems of others and then somehow twist them into why those problems affect you.

I'm 75 hours in and still enjoy the game quite a bit. Just joined a clan, and so I expect I'll get double the time I already have in game as I have a new resource of competent players to do things with.
I have 210 hours. I was still having fun at 75 hours when I could run Challenge modes and get upgrades, or run the DZ and farm mats with mild amounts of interruption from PVP'ers, and when PVP encounters happened, it felt "fair". Now, there are solo players merc'ing my entire team of players (we all have 200+ gear scores btw) before any of us can empty a clip. Mobs shooting you through walls in the Incursion (which was supposedly fixed two patches ago). It's a clusterfuck and I honestly feel no shame exploiting all of their glitches until they can get their shit together and ban people or outright prevent cheating in PVP. Even Quake 2 had servers that could autodetect and autoboot players it could detect were doing things the game didn't intend (botting, autoaim, speed boost, etc).

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
I still enjoy this game a lot, and I feel like it has a lot of good things going for it. Obviously, as many have already touched upon, the game also suffers from some extremely short-sighted design decisions, and the responsible people might've looked to previous titles and avoided repeating their mistakes, but alas.

That said, the number one issue I have with the game right now is the ridiculous number of glitches. I do not and will not engage in their use, and while I think it is very unfortunate that other players do, I really don't blame them unless they employ them in PvP, in which case I think they're scumbag pussies. I play on the PS4, and I'm sure it's not even in the same ballpark as how shitty it is for PC players, in terms of people wreaking havoc with blatant hacks and glitch abuse.

People like us who take to the forums will almost always be a minority, hell, I have plenty of real life friends who are casually levelling up and having a great time. But once they step into the high-level DZ, and get smoked by a bored glitch-abuser, that is probably going to change. It is extremely confusing to me that there is so little communication from Massive, let alone direct action being taken, towards fixing this glitch mess. I personally do not care about people getting punished, I just want the game to hit it's potential, but with the current end-game sort of centering around the DZ, the potential PvP there needs to be just a tiny bit more fair and balanced than what it is currently. I don't mind fighting against people with better gear than me, but I do mind getting smoked by people who inflate their stats to ridiculous amounts via glitch-abuse so that there is no contest. Then it becomes a choice of going down the same road or just not participating, and I suppose I lean towards the latter. Hell, there's plenty of other games out there to play
smile.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Glitches, exploits, hacks. This game has everything, and it seems like very little is being done about it.

The infuriating thing to me is that the change to boss drops after the patch (from 4 high end to 1) had immediate action. And that was something most players said made the game actually fun again. Meanwhile their terrible coding has left the game a mess and they don't seem to care.

Actually, the infuriating thing to me is that thisis a really good game. Or at least, it could have been. Massive and Ubi have really fucked up something fierce though, and are destroying it.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Another exploit out with the Rewards Claim Vendor. Can basically max out on any of the stuff in the 'resource' tab (DZ keys & mats). Can be done easily on PC with a network limiter, more difficult on consoles as you need to limit the network data for the game.

Edit: Looks like it's being fixed tomorrow. So make sure to look it up and do it before tomorrow if you really want to. On my phone so don't have the link readily available.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That exploit is funny because to get the crafting mats (obviously the best part of that) you'd have to be a season pass owner. At this point, I think people who spent more than box cost have earned those free mats.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Naw you can buy a mat delivery using the free points you earn for achievements.

Variise

N00b
The underlying game is good. There is just so much wrong around it. That's fixable given time/money/competent team with support from an awesome publisher. Yeah the game is fucked. I'll keep playing it for what it is but I have zero hopes for massive improvements or getting what was originally promised.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The Massive/Ubi Apologists are mind blowing. Yes you can blame Ubisoft/Massive because it is their shit coding and lack of Anti-Cheat solutions they SAID WOULD BE IN THE PC VERSION AT LAUNCH. Good Christ the lack of common sense is astounding! Deflect, deflect, deflect.
Dont really see how people limited their bandwidth to exploit the npc is really on Ubi at that point - sure the hacks and lack of removing mobile cover on them is one thing but this is just people being people and using anything they can to exploit. Shit like this is done in many games and considering we all have mmo history we really arent seeing anything new or shit that isnt done elsewhere, Ubi is just sucking at getting shit fixed and making all kinds of bad calls,...they are just dumb.

Variise

N00b
Making gameplay changes like taking out a feature that's exploited takes time. There are so many things that can go wrong and do go wrong that you then have to unfuck. Then that unfuck fucks 10 other things you didn't think of and now you just spent 4-5 months on one issue.

People don't understand that game engines are inherently not built to be plug and play. As games get bigger and people expect more from them they get infinitely more complex. It's one reason why a lot of large publishers are risk averse when it comes to implementing features... any features not already fully supported by an engine.

I have zero problem with that and fully understand it. Sadly the majority of people are not so understanding and I can't blame them either. What does the average person know about game development when game "journalists" teach them nothing about the industry beyond PR bullshit.