Tom Clancy's The Division

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Max overall average is 290 or 291, but that's maxing every piece of gear, including sidearm. Takes a ton of Div Tech to do, especially if the piece had a naturally low main stat roll.
Sidearm still a useless piece of shit slot that has zero effect on things other than ilvl? No one uses pistols...

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
More or less. In theory you could put a talent that triggers off of kills on the sidearm and use it to finish enemies off.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Get Access to The Division 2 Private Beta By Ordering Mountain Dew

>tfw this post was a meme made in 2013
3Z9HKXt.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I was late to the game on this. I did have a blast though! Is anyone else going to grab the sequel? I will pre-order if enough people are going to play.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was late to the game on this. I did have a blast though! Is anyone else going to grab the sequel? I will pre-order if enough people are going to play.

I really enjoy this game but I think it's a toss up between this and Anthem. I'm hoping they have more builds/specs for the second go around at end game.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Will be playing on PS4 when it releases. Hoping they learned their lesson and there's more end-game content and better itemization from the get-go.

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Will be playing on PS4 when it releases. Hoping they learned their lesson and there's more end-game content and better itemization from the get-go.
That's my concern, if it launches in a state close to where the Division is now, it's going to be great, if it's more Division at release, then i guess i will be playing Anthem more unless that's a trainwreck too.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I fully expect Anthem to be a trainwreck. Plus I prefer the near-future realism in the Division world. The DC setting which I recognize is icing on the cake.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can't wait for #2! Pre-ordered the Mountain Dew to get the beta key. Loved the first Division, but the "terrible" launch left no one playing and so I stopped playing too.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm keeping my eye on this and Anthem both, whichever one is more late-phase Destiny/Division and and less launch will get my money

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Div 1 was pretty bad on PC because they put a lot of trust in the client. They later added a reporting tool that was widely regarded to be a placebo. Add in some bad netcode (look up "chicken dance") and some other head-scratching decisions underlying everything, and I would expect the same for Div 2.

That said, PC will probably have the most active online community regardless.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That said, PC will probably have the most active online community regardless.

I would disagree. Majority of players for Div 1 was on console last go around. Not sure why that would change.

With that said, I liked what I played from the first game but a lack of content and the complete abortion of the Dark Zone is what ruined it. It started out reasonable sweet when reading about it on paper - then they kept making changes and it's obvious they had no idea what to do and were inexperienced. Being that Ubi has released a couple good games (Odyssey and FC5) I'll definitely give it a rental on launch day.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Majority of players for Div 1 was on console last go around. Not sure why that would change

IMHO that was because the PC version was an abortion combined with delayed releases for PC versus playstation or Xbawx (they got content before PC or some shit..). Add in the retardation regarding hacking and you have THE DIVISION!

I mean shit someone actually released some source files where people were DEBUGGING the game FOR the incompetent developers.

Then add in the fact that for MONTHS after release people were hacking without recourse to the degree that even dev live-streams were plagued by people warping to them and killing them through walls and other insanity. They had no logging tools for the first few streams this happened on so the guys didn't even get banned / couldn't get banned because they had NO NAMES and the devs had no way to look them up. So they showcased JUST how shit their code was to the world as they were trying to market the PvP aspect of their game while some guys were hacking around them murdering them over and over.

The icing on the cake was people theorycrafting about certain stats and their general worth only to find out later that the stat in question LITERALLY didn't do a thing. The only reason people found out about this was the Source Code leak.

Honestly this game wasn't a bad game, the world was cool as fuck but the code and the team involved was TERRIBLE.

• 1Truth!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Division would have been vastly better if the DZ was just a challenging PVE area. I had some fun in there a few times when I managed to get the server to give me a completely empty instance.

I'm cautiously looking forward to Div2 but I have doubts about Ubi/Massive actually releasing a sequel that is as good as The Division ended up being in the long run. And that's even considering that the current game still is far from being perfect and all three expansions suck compared to WSP. I liked Underground but the grind to be allowed to do missions that were trivial with my gear was retarded and the rewards weren't remotely worth it anyway; the other two expansions were straight up trash. The base game and WSP were great though. My gut feeling is that Div2 will end up being like Destiny 2 was compared to Destiny post-Rise of Iron and it will probably be a year or two again before the game is worth playing.

There better be something akin to the Tactician set/gameplay in Div2 or that's a hard pass too.

• 2Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
My favorite bug/glitch/snafu was when a patch was delayed and we missed out on dailies and weeklies for a week or so because they were HARD-CODED on the server and there weren't any entries past the original scheduled patch date (confirmed via data-mining). I mean, how lazy do you have to be to do that?

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Looks like The Division 2 is being pulled from steam and will only be on Epic game store.

• 1Barf

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
was it ever ON steam though?

I consider ON steam to mean that you buy it on steam and you launch it through steam.

As far as I am aware, even if you bought it on steam they would still force you through their shit tier storefront to play it.