Tom Clancy's The Division

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What set are people disappointed by the ~80% drop rate of Lone Star from HVTs looking for anyway? I finally got my first 204 item last night (from a 10 intel daily HVT, which is about the toughest I can handle solo) and it was Striker's gloves. I think I would have preferred them to be Lone Star, just so I could have the 2 piece bonus...

Biggest problem I'm having at the moment is lack of credits. No idea how the hell you farm it efficiently in mass quantities.

Edit: And 214 Hunter's Faith kneepads from my second 10 intel HVT. That set seems good at least.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
For credits I just loot everything and sell it instead of deconstructing it. I went from 400k credits to 1.5million in a week easily.

Vorph

Which vendor blueprint SMG is better for PVE, Vector or MP5-N? Wish there was an AUG at the vendor, but there isn't and I don't want to wait another week. I've been trying to save my Phoenix credits in the hope of getting a good SMG or at least an AR that isn't a worthless burst-fire piece of shit, but apparently that's not going to happen (until I craft one, then they will surely rain from the sky). My main gun is a SOCOM M1A, like apparently everyone else.

Why the hell is there no select fire in the game anyway? Having a FAL locked to 3 shot burst is straight up retarded, seeing as the RL weapon is strictly full- or semi-auto only.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Playing blind and still low level (13) but are credits needed later on? Buddy and I have been getting by on quest/loot alone and deconstructing everything so when we hit the level cap we can make some starter level 30 gear.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Credits are pretty much exclusively for rerolling gear stats so are pretty important at end game.

I don't have any 204 blueprints because I've only gotten properly into the DZ in the last few weeks and there isn't anything worth getting but I rarely deconstruct anything anymore and just vendor everything. Loot drops so frequently in the DZ crafting has been left behind and now is really where it should be, relegated to fresh lvl 30's.

Vorph

The only thing credits are absolutely required for is rerolling stats on armor pieces (like D3 enchanting), which gets pretty expensive if you don't get what you want right away. Otherwise there's a few vendors that reset daily and sell stuff you might want for rather huge amounts of credits (like 200k-750k).

Crone

Hopping on now for the first time in a while. Anyone wanna team up and show me what High Value Targets are all about? Or run the new Incursion?

SA_BigCrone on uPlay!

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haven't touched this in a while, but may give it another go when I get some time.

Rho_A on uPlay andRhoAon steam.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Which vendor blueprint SMG is better for PVE, Vector or MP5-N? Wish there was an AUG at the vendor, but there isn't and I don't want to wait another week. I've been trying to save my Phoenix credits in the hope of getting a good SMG or at least an AR that isn't a worthless burst-fire piece of shit, but apparently that's not going to happen (until I craft one, then they will surely rain from the sky). My main gun is a SOCOM M1A, like apparently everyone else.

Why the hell is there no select fire in the game anyway? Having a FAL locked to 3 shot burst is straight up retarded, seeing as the RL weapon is strictly full- or semi-auto only.
I've used the gs 182 crafted vector since I turned level 30. It's a 1/25,000 roll gun but if your luck is good, you can be set pretty much forever and just hope another nice aug gets sold at the vendor.

Vorph

What do you mean by 1/25000, just getting the correct talents to come up on it with +25% crit chance?

I did some DZ in a group this morning trying to finish off the weekly and got a 163 Vector but it has shitty talents (Responsive/Determined/Accurate). Guess I will buy the BP and try my luck.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So Underground is randomized "dungeons"... interesting. Sounds like the sort of a PVE equivalency to the Dark Zone experience.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I run a tacticians build so to be honest most weapons are good for me because I can reach maximum crit chance very easily with pulse but AR's are particularly good because they have no range penalty, unlike SMG's.

Vorph

Yeah, I'd really like a SCAR-L or Mk 16 with Balanced + two other good talents, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get one besides ungodly luck from a drop or a 204 BP that I'll never be able to buy let alone craft.

Made half a dozen 182 Vectors today and all came out shittier than my 163 MP5-N which has Stable/Destructive/Deadly on it.

I was actually thinking about clicking the Keep It box on the game today too, until I watched the Ubi presentation and saw PS4 is getting the DLC two months late. What kind of retard makes a deal like that when the PS4 version sold like twice as many copies as the Xbone?

spronk

FPS noob
first DLC for Division comes out next week (6/28) for PC and Xbox, it doesn't release until Aug 2nd on PS4 due to exclusivity (HAH)

new area underneath your base of operations, basically hooks up to a subway tunnel. One new "mega mission" which can be done in 1-3 stages, in 4 levels of difficulty. new base faction which you rank up with by grinding these missions, solo or matchmaking. You can only do stage 2 at rank 20 and stage 3 at rank 35 (or something like that) of the new Underground faction. Its all subway based, so you basically run around in tunnels killing enemies. While there is some variety due to how you can set it up (15 mins to 45 mins based on how many stages you want to do) and you can toggle modifiers, its extremely boring after 2-3 runs and nothing really new or interesting. Lots of new loot, I guess level 240 and 268. Its all PVE, nothing new PVP wise I could see.

some footage from E3

Crone

Recently came back, and was catching up on all the things that changed. I wanted to do some HVTs for loot, as it was said here how much loot drops from there. Then I realized I needed the currency to buy the HVT missions. Then I realized I hadn't finished every single encounter or side mission in all of the different zones in order to be able to do it. Ugh... I'm not a completionist by any means, and all but 1 of the zones had stuff left to do in them. Did people really go and finish it all? wtf was the point? I hit 30 and maxed out my side wings long before having to do them all.

Vorph

The HVT missions are basically just encounters placed in semi-random locations, so you might as well get used to it. I cleared each zone entirely while leveling (including collectibles), so the only annoying part was still having almost 2 full zones to do when I first hit 30. As long as you make liberal use of fast travel it really shouldn't take long to finish whatever you didn't do.

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
mikey_mcpickle on uplay - lookin for some folks to play with. Having more fun with this than I am with Overwatch, but I guess I'm in the minority.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Looks like Massive is shitting the bed again. Big nerfs coming to Sentry (again) and Striker set. They also are lowering base damage of SMGs. Will be "looking at" tactician-tank builds and how to balance (nerf) them.

Love how they said "no nerfs" coming in 1.3. They sure are great at not pissing off their players...

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I held out way longer than all of my friends who I started the game with, scraping along solo grinding HVTs for set pieces, but those announcements were the final straw for me. I'll check back and see if the DLC brings any of them back to the PS4 in August.

Sucks too, the core gameplay is still addictive and never got old, but the lack of progression (and now backwards progression) just killed it for me.