Tom Clancy's The Division

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Delly

Trakanon Raider
And it will still be that way through the Epic game store. Doesn't mean Steam isn't losing out on a lot of money.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I didnt play this, how bad will the cheating be on PC?
At launch cheating was horrible. I heard you could even use cheat engine to hack, that's how bad it was. But I think they eventually added in a lot of anti-cheat, but the damage was done by the time it was in place. Myself personally, I just never did the DZ. It was utter garbage. The rest of the game was actually really sweet though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
So is anyone else bummed that it is not a winter or Christmas theme again? To me that atmosphere was a huge part of what made The Division, and a refreshing take compared to the million other shooters out there. From the whole winter clothing thing, to eerie snowstorms, to Christmas lights strewn around, etc. To me its like releasing a DOOM game set in the midwest. It's just not right. That's the main thing detering me from buying this at launch and really bugging the shit out of me. Now it just looks like Ghost Recon Wildlands or some shit. T-Shirts and Tanktop special ops bros running around broing it up.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
So is anyone else bummed that it is not a winter or Christmas theme again? To me that atmosphere was a huge part of what made The Division, and a refreshing take compared to the million other shooters out there. From the whole winter clothing thing, to eerie snowstorms, to Christmas lights strewn around, etc. To me its like releasing a DOOM game set in the midwest. It's just not right. That's the main thing detering me from buying this at launch and really bugging the shit out of me. Now it just looks like Ghost Recon Wildlands or some shit. T-Shirts and Tanktop special ops bros running around broing it up.

Agree 100%. It was gorgeous on the PC, and I loved the single player game for the most part. Once I beat it, and the NPCs suddenly took 5x longer to kill I lost interest. It didn't help that my first and last 2 encounters in the PvP area were 1) Griefers teaming up juts to gank everyone and 2) A straight up hacker teleporting around

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Agree 100%. It was gorgeous on the PC, and I loved the single player game for the most part. Once I beat it, and the NPCs suddenly took 5x longer to kill I lost interest. It didn't help that my first and last 2 encounters in the PvP area were 1) Griefers teaming up juts to gank everyone and 2) A straight up hacker teleporting around
Hopefully they learned their lesson about bullet sponges. They eventually did in D1 but by then they lost a huge % of their player base. I stil log in to check it out from time to time and always enjoy it.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah original game had a great environment. Too bad the entire game was a lost cause in the post game. They just didn't have a clue. Here is hoping they learned some lessons.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I hated how they had all these kind of spin off DLCS and it never felt like they finished telling the story for NYC. Kept hoping for more story driven content and we got everything but. I do wish they found a way to incorporate the survival DLC into the core game . Would have been bad ass to have freezing snow storms to roll through on occasion.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
If anyone is still looking to preorder, Green man gaming has a 15% off sale on Div2 right now.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Jesus I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot poll on PC until they can prove they actually care about stopping hackers.

Console no matter what.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
I just realized, Trump has houses in both games. Trump Tower in Division 1, and the White House in Division 2.

• 2Worf

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can get 20% off if you buy it off Uplay and have 100 of those Uplay coins.
Can't use that on pre-orders, new releases (3 months), or MTX currency. I was thinking about getting the PS4 digital gold edition for $80 that way, but that's a hard no.

I'd buy it physical like I do just about everything else, but having to dig out the bluray and swap it in for games with daily activities/weekly vendor reset gets irritating after a year or two.

• 3Like

spronk

FPS noob
i dunno what the prices are now but if you have access to a system with an AMD 570-590 video card you either got an AMD key for 2 of 3 - Resident Evil 2, DMC5, Division 2 - or you can buy a key off ebay/etc. I bought one for $20 and redeemed on my brothers laptop with a 570 just fine. It hasn't yet sent out keys for DMC5/Div2, and it'll be interesting to see if they send out uplay codes or epic games store codes

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i dunno what the prices are now but if you have access to a system with an AMD 570-590 video card you either got an AMD key for 2 of 3 - Resident Evil 2, DMC5, Division 2 - or you can buy a key off ebay/etc. I bought one for $20 and redeemed on my brothers laptop with a 570 just fine. It hasn't yet sent out keys for DMC5/Div2, and it'll be interesting to see if they send out uplay codes or epic games store codes
Looks like some are still that price for just Division 2. The cats out the bag, and people are pricing them a little more expensive.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know why you all are Day 1 hyping this clown fiesta.

If you are holding your breath assuming that Ubisoft will fix shit for the next iteration of their games then you haven't really been paying attention to ANYTHING that the company has been doing over the past decade.

If you buy this expecting the game of your dreams, you deserve to have your money taken.

If you go into this as a day 1 purchase and are fine with the shit show it is almost certainly going to be, then you need to raise your standards but at least you aren't going into it blind.

• 3Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So I received my Mountain Dew package yesterday, and after two days of swigging those cans, worth the pre-order buy in for a beta code. Then today I received a Division 2 care package including a USB stick, a pen, dog tags, and a hat. All of which I did not expect. That's kind of impressive after the nylon bag fiasco with Fallout 76.

20190119_005914.jpg

20190119_005933.jpg

20190119_010024.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user