Tom Clancy's The Division

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Meh I think some people would be willing to cut Massive some slack after all the work they put into D1 the past two years. The first 6 months were certainly a shit show, lots of exploits especially in the dark zone, in pve the shield barrier was broken every damn patch. But honestly once they started putting in sets, global events, and legendary levels the game was a lot of fun.

Pvp still doesn't look like fun to me, they really need to match same number of groups together instead of just throwing everyone into a zone, hopefully they don't put any exclusive loot in there. They said they don't want to split the populations again through the dlc content so hopefully that means survival and underground content, if they come back, won't be paid content.

Bullet sponge doesn't bother me, the game is partially a rpg in building your character, there's a shit ton of games out there with 1-2 shot kills, fortnite csgo pubg bf5 bo4 r6, not every game needs to be built this way. In D2 the armor is the bullet sponge, once you get to the hp it drops real fast.

These days it's possible for any company to fuck up a game at release, last few months have had a lot of great examples of even good companies doing a complete shit job. You can shit on ubisoft, it's well earned, but what other company is not dirty with crap releases anymore? even blizzard and bethesda can't be trusted.

Anyways beta coming up feb, if it still has a lot of the graphical glitches then I would hold off, because they've had 2 months to fix a lot of that since their last "test".

• 3Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
If you buy this expecting the game of your dreams, you deserve to have your money taken.

Oh hey guys, I don't like this game so no one else should either. Shut the fuck up.

Division 1 was a decently fun game especially with friends. It definitely had flaws but when you're able to get over 100 hours in a game that seems like a win to me.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Oh hey guys, I don't like this game so no one else should either. Shut the fuck up.

Stop projecting you insecure prick. Division 1 had a great premise but a shit dev team behind it, if you had fun playing it, I don't give a fuck. Enjoy eating dick I guess?

Division 1 was a decently fun game especially with friends. It definitely had flaws but when you're able to get over 100 hours in a game that seems like a win to me.

Division 1 was a fucking travesty on Day 1 to Year 1 at least, the only way you think that it wasn't a bug filled abortion is if you played it so casually that none of the bugs even registered on your radar. WHICH IS FINE...to be honest I think I would have had more enjoyment from the game if I had played it casually but the group of buddies I was with, including myself, all wanted to basically be gods at the Dark Zone.

Fuck, just search my posts in this thread and you'll see my descent into madness.

I wanted to like division, it's Diablo with guns, how can you not like that? Shit, if they added "Rifts" from diablo in division and did it in a Division like way...the game would have had super legs. The issue, "A division like way" means taking a massive shit over everything and then marketing it as a 3 pack purchase all the while people are using day 1 exploits and not getting banned because they have no fucking way to detect exploits. So if you wait even just a little bit in grabbing that content, you will be so far behind the pack PvP won't even be on the radar for you.

---

So I mean...I guess I could just summarize this post by saying :emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag: casual.

• 5Salty
  • 1OK, Sure
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 6 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So I received my Mountain Dew package yesterday, and after two days of swigging those cans, worth the pre-order buy in for a beta code. Then today I received a Division 2 care package including a USB stick, a pen, dog tags, and a hat. All of which I did not expect. That's kind of impressive after the nylon bag fiasco with Fallout 76.

Correction, the dog tag is actually a USB stick. Only 8GB with nothing on it (what the fuck?). And the orange thing isn't actually a USB stick, it's a whistle, with a compass and a red LED flashlight. The pen, is also not a pen. The end screws off and has a bunch of bits inside it (philips, flathead, hex, etc). Bamboozled.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I spent probably 120 hours on the original game with my friends mostly getting hammered at night and farting around in the Dark zone.

If I can do that again I’ll gladly pay them 60 bucks without throwing an autististic tantrum. But I guess that makes me a faggot.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
Guess I am a faggot too. I greatly enjoyed the first Division, especially once they started adding in set items and such. But I was not a hardcore player, played it fairly casually. The Dark Zone was aids, a lot in part because I rolled in there solo. But I actually didn't do too bad. I was sneaky enough I could avoid pvpers fairly easily and extract all my gear just fine. The setting and detail level of the game was top notch, and the "dungeons" aka missions, were amazing, better than most MMO's dungeons even. And I always thought the whole bullet sponge bitching was stupid. Before launch even you could always tell it was going to be this kind of game. It's an action RPG like Diablo. Why don't people bitch that in Diablo that one sword slash doesn't kill all the mobs, or one demon hunter arrow etc. Even games like COD you need 4 or 5 bullets to kill someone. If you could just run around one or two shotting every single npc in The Division, it would be boring as fuck.

I will probably preorder this anyways even though I hate the DC summer setting. Ubisoft has done me right these last few years, especially when the companies I did trust like Blizzard, Bioware, and DICE have all gone to shit. Ubi has made R6 Siege amazing, fixed The Division 1, fixed Ghost Recon, etc. R6 Siege is up there in my top 5 games of all time, and they just keep adding to it giving everyone free content, whether you pay or not. Unless they pull a Destiny 2 and forget everything they learned in The Division 1, this game will at least give me a good chunk of fun for quite some time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
But I guess that makes me a faggot.
Guess I am a faggot too.

The eat a dick part was expressly for them because of their out of the gate salt regarding my shitting all over the game urging people not to day 1.

---

I'll say it again with less mud slinging.

90% of the bugs that the game had in year 1 weren't even apparent to people playing casually.

If you were playing the game casually and you didn't give a fuck about anything other than dicking around with friends and getting + betterer loot then the game was pretty good. The collecting of guns and outfitting my character was pretty fun. The missions were a good balance of challenge (aside from the pre-nerf shotgun runners...holy balls those guys were insane) and the story was interesting.

---

The Issue came if you were trying to get the best of the best things or running in the dark zone hunting people.

The games equiv of "Magic Find" never was implemented, ever...they removed the stat last I recall because it was easier to remove it than add it I assume.

The cover mechanic was buggy as fuck in tense situations...run to cover (using the swap cover mechanic), have covering fire / support from team, character runs to cover and then stands up.

The engine allowed for exploiting a ton and the team behind it had no clue how to implement checks to ensure that people weren't exploiting.

Then you had the season pass being fairly lack-luster with the first "Raid" being a single room with an APC in it. Honestly the APC room took the wind out of my groups sails, it was just so poorly tuned and just un-fun.

All of these issues effected me and my buddies on every play session. It got so bad that I honestly stopped caring about playing the game and I grabbed one of the cheat engines to test it out. It worked amazingly well, I went into one of the elite missions (I don't remember what it was called, the one with the APC underground) and soloed it on the hardest setting while sitting below the world. I figured I would be banned for exploiting and just logged out, it was my last play session anyhow since all of my buddies had generally stopped playing by that point. Attempted to log back in recently-ish and my account was still active and in good standing.

---

Will I Division 2? Meh who knows, it's low on my list of things to play.

Stats for reference:

1547961107060.png

Stopped "Playing" around the first raid thing. I don't know if the stats are entirely accurate I know me and my group killed way more than 1 rogue agent. We ran that hotel mission so many times we just got tired of it.

I'll say it one more time for people reading this far, the game was a decent game if you played it casually. You all are talking 100 hours at this point? I was at 150+ hours in the first 3 months. I no-lifed the shit out of this game and that was our downfall, I should have played it casually and hit the 100 hour mark a year and a half in.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The eat a dick part was expressly for them because of their out of the gate salt regarding my shitting all over the game urging people not to day 1.

---

90% of the bugs that the game had in year 1 weren't even apparent to people playing casually.

If you were playing the game casually and you didn't give a fuck about anything other than dicking around with friends and getting + betterer loot then the game was pretty good. The collecting of guns and outfitting my character was pretty fun. The missions were a good balance of challenge (aside from the pre-nerf shotgun runners...holy balls those guys were insane) and the story was interesting.

---

The Issue came if you were trying to get the best of the best things or running in the dark zone hunting people.

The games equiv of "Magic Find" never was implemented, ever...they removed the stat last I recall because it was easier to remove it than add it I assume.

The cover mechanic was buggy as fuck in tense situations...run to cover (using the swap cover mechanic), have covering fire / support from team, character runs to cover and then stands up.

The engine allowed for exploiting a ton and the team behind it had no clue how to implement checks to ensure that people weren't exploiting.

Then you had the season pass being fairly lack-luster with the first "Raid" being a single room with an APC in it. Honestly the APC room took the wind out of my groups sails, it was just so poorly tuned and just un-fun.

All of these issues effected me and my buddies on every play session. It got so bad that I honestly stopped caring about playing the game and I grabbed one of the cheat engines to test it out. It worked amazingly well, I went into one of the elite missions (I don't remember what it was called, the one with the APC underground) and soloed it on the hardest setting while sitting below the world. I figured I would be banned for exploiting and just logged out, it was my last play session anyhow since all of my buddies had generally stopped playing by that point. Attempted to log back in recently-ish and my account was still active and in good standing.

---

Stats for reference:

View attachment 190353

Stopped "Playing" around the first raid thing. I don't know if the stats are entirely accurate I know me and my group killed way more than 1 rogue agent. We ran that hotel mission so many times we just got tired of it.

I'll say it one more time for people reading this far, the game was a decent game if you played it casually. You all are talking 100 hours at this point? I was at 150+ hours in the first 3 months. I no-lifed the shit out of this game and that was our downfall, I should have played it casually and hit the 100 hour mark a year and a half in.

Sounds like the cure for your problems is killing yourself

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 4 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder if D2 will have super mutants, Enclave, exploring vaults.

I play too much Fallout 3.

• 1Seriously?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So did he like it or not? I can't stand 20 minute videos. Just give me a fucking 3 minute summary.

• 2Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Guns were good. Some crying about getting staggered by MMR and shotgun hits, but apparently that's not going to go live anyway. Doesn't sound like they fixed the scope sensitivity problems that plagued The Division MMRs though.

Movement seems more like Ghost Recon Wildlands than The Division which is absolutely not a good thing at all. Even taking into account that he's a PC player who uses m/k exclusively in Division it looked really floaty with some awkward animations at times (just like GR:W).

Skills sound alright unless you're a big fan of the current tactician builds (which I am). New seeker mine and turret require you to aim for them, which as he pointed out is fucking retarded. If you have to aim for them, why wouldn't you just shoot your gun? The drones that follows you around seem ok though, as do all the boring Div1 skills like Pulse, Support Station, etc.

Graphics/visuals got a big thumbs up.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like the cure for your problems is killing yourself

I think I'm good sitting here shitting all over this shit tier dev team...

BUT HEY GUYS

I FOUND YOU A GAMEPLAY VIDEO AND SOME BACKGROUND MUSIC YOU CAN LISTEN TO WHILE WATCHING IT!

GUYS Remember, the gameplay video is the SECOND video, I know it's confusing.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
I like where The Division is at now, but the shooting mechanics from other games have just spoiled me. Namely Destiny. I realize it's hard to pull off in third person and I think it's the lack of ADS that really irks me.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like where The Division is at now, but the shooting mechanics from other games have just spoiled me. Namely Destiny. I realize it's hard to pull off in third person and I think it's the lack of ADS that really irks me.

There were a lot of things to bitch about launch destiny and destiny 2 but it was one of the crispest feeling shooter games. The guns looked sounded and felt and aimed like you expect them to. Its amazing how many games don't get it quite right so that when one does like destiny its very noticeable.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Guns were good. Some crying about getting staggered by MMR and shotgun hits, but apparently that's not going to go live anyway. Doesn't sound like they fixed the scope sensitivity problems that plagued The Division MMRs though.

Movement seems more like Ghost Recon Wildlands than The Division which is absolutely not a good thing at all. Even taking into account that he's a PC player who uses m/k exclusively in Division it looked really floaty with some awkward animations at times (just like GR:W).

Skills sound alright unless you're a big fan of the current tactician builds (which I am). New seeker mine and turret require you to aim for them, which as he pointed out is fucking retarded. If you have to aim for them, why wouldn't you just shoot your gun? The drones that follows you around seem ok though, as do all the boring Div1 skills like Pulse, Support Station, etc.

Graphics/visuals got a big thumbs up.

Yeah the stagger is from npcs only apparently.

The scope change is a bit weird, in d1 it's right click to bring up targeting, then tab to go into scope, in d2 for rifles it goes straight into scope on right click. The scope did feel a little sensitive but it's just one version I used. Scopes had different sensitivity levels on different guns in d1, something like the urban mdr was fine with 3.4x but with a 12x it was swinging all over the place.

Movement feels a little loose going side to side or turning, feels like a drift turn(very light not a heavy turn feel) instead of a sharp 90 degrees around corners, I would guess this is to try and mimic real life turning more.

For skills there are 3 different versions of them, for something like turret there's the normal auto version, there's a sniper version which requires you to mark a target and then it will auto fire until target is dead if I remember right. The drone has an auto healing version, and another 2 one of which I think was again mark a target to attack and one was a bombing run or emp, don't remember as I mostly just used the heal. If anything this gives the player some extra options in prioritizing targets instead of just auto shooting at randoms. it could come in useful for cc options like if you need to suppress a target while hitting another. One problem I had with the drone was sometimes it hovered too close to my head and fucked with the camera view.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
34 days on this guy and 10 on the alt. Hopefully the new one will bring me even half that. I e enjoyed and exploited every bug and playing with every weapon. Killing the first raid while going out of bounds and shooting a sticky bomb through a wall, destroying the bricks then shooing through a hole, endless endless game breaking bugs. Its been a good run.

20190120_171852.jpg

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wow, that exploit is much simpler than the ones we had before. Glitching a ladder, climbing through the ceiling, then throwing bombs at the truck for 20 minutes before going back and collecting loot. Or the earlier one where you could get outside of the fence and shoot the boss directly without them reacting. There were a few others, but I remember those specifically. I'm amazed but not surprised shit is still broken in the game.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

---

---

---

Stats for reference:

View attachment 190353

The APC exploit was the final exploit that killed my group. We had so much fun owning in the DZ, and doing quite well in all of the encounters until that heroic "raid" encounter. It was so over tuned to be nearly impossible, and spending 20 minutes of grenades, over and over, to kit everyone out, and still having issues with the encounter while massively over geared was very demoralizing. DZ was killed when fuckers started shooting through walls.

I played for all of maybe 2-3 months but still clocked over 200 hours... Yeah, I'll play the next one.
Screenshot_20190120-202201_Steam.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users