Tool might eventually release a new album someday

Cutlery

<Donor All-Stars>
1d 6h 8m
Reactions
476 85 0 0
It's not gonna be worth the wait and we all know it.

Melvin

Molten Core Raider
5d 5h 36m
Reactions
995 766 0 0
I disagree. It's going to be the best album Tool's put out in more than a decade.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
7d 14h 29m
Reactions
4,218 1,832 0 0
It's not gonna be worth the wait and we all know it.
If there were no reward to reap
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here
I certainly would have walked away by now

Gonna wait it out
Be patient

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
5d 10h 15m
Reactions
755 62 0 0
Will this album be the Vanguard of Tool Albums?

xzi

Mouthbreather
<WoW Guild Officer>
1d 22h 0m
Reactions
2,695 368 0 0
more shit
we might get an album by 2028 boys

TOOL RECORDING NEWS!

Who’s ready for some major breaking news? Brace yourself; get ready… okay, here we go. We are very excited to announce what is sure to be welcome news for both fans of TOOL and prog-metal enthusiasts in general. After all the years of writing and arranging (and re-arranging) at the band’s loft, I can at this time officially report that the guys have moved into a major studio where the recording process for the next album is about to begin in earnest. For the past few days the band members have been getting sonically adjusted to their new surroundings - dialing in the equipment settings and restaurant catering choices - in preparation for Danny to begin his tracking any time now – perhaps by the time that you read this!

I am also excited to announce that ‘evil’ JOE BARRESI will once again have his capable fingers at the engineering controls for what will certainly be another masterful TOOL offering by the talented team. Pinch yourself if you want, but I have been told that all systems are GO at this point for the upcoming sessions.

I will be posting periodic bits and pieces on the progress of the tracking once the guys get deeper into the recording process, and hope that all of you will keep checking back to the official website for these updates. In the meantime, be sure to also visit the individual band members’ sites and socials (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) for more inside glimpses as TOOL prepares for the next stage in their musical odyssey.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
<Donors Crew>
5d 7h 44m
Reactions
1,908 241 0 0
I would say early/mid 2019 at the latest. Writing is always what took them forever. If they're actually diligent the studio the whole thing could be recorded in a few weeks. But that's getting way too optimistic.

Rezz

Registered Orca
<Donors Crew>
2d 15h 22m
Reactions
793 88 0 0
Not specifically Tool-centric, but the APC show at the Arlington in SB tonight was pretty great. They have one song on the new album I'm not stoked about (you know the one if you were at the show; very pop-esque) but the rest was good stuff.

Hopefully new Tool early next year!

Hateyou

<Donors Crew>
7d 18h 20m
Reactions
3,553 226 0 0
I got a notification that Tool was touring through my city. So i look at ticket prices and they're $500. I'm thinking, wtf...look more into it. It's just some members of tool doing a 'music lab' where they talk about composing songs and shit.

These guys are douchebags

Needless

Respecter of Thots
<Donors Crew>
5d 4h 22m
Reactions
690 39 0 0
Not specifically Tool-centric, but the APC show at the Arlington in SB tonight was pretty great. They have one song on the new album I'm not stoked about (you know the one if you were at the show; very pop-esque) but the rest was good stuff.

Hopefully new Tool early next year!
Was it 'So Long, and thanks for all the fish?'

Volto!

Knight of the Realm
2d 12h 2m
Reactions
85 8 0 0
What a deal. For $500 you too can learn how to spend the next 13 years composing a single album!

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
7d 14h 29m
Reactions
4,218 1,832 0 0
I got a notification that Tool was touring through my city. So i look at ticket prices and they're $500. I'm thinking, wtf...look more into it. It's just some members of tool doing a 'music lab' where they talk about composing songs and shit.

These guys are douchebags
This is gonna rock!

Rezz

Registered Orca
<Donors Crew>
2d 15h 22m
Reactions
793 88 0 0
Was it 'So Long, and thanks for all the fish?'

That'd be the one. I hadn't heard it before the show, and it was hard to pick out the specific lyrics. Just a pretty big departure from what sounds like the rest of the album.

Needless

Respecter of Thots
<Donors Crew>
5d 4h 22m
Reactions
690 39 0 0
Yeah it's definitely a different sound lol