Tool might eventually release a new album someday

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
It's not gonna be worth the wait and we all know it.

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I disagree. It's going to be the best album Tool's put out in more than a decade.

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's not gonna be worth the wait and we all know it.

If there were no reward to reap
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here
I certainly would have walked away by now

Gonna wait it out
Be patient

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
i-ve-been-to-the-future-the-new-tool-album-is-amazing.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
more shit
we might get an album by 2028 boys

TOOL RECORDING NEWS!

Who’s ready for some major breaking news? Brace yourself; get ready… okay, here we go. We are very excited to announce what is sure to be welcome news for both fans of TOOL and prog-metal enthusiasts in general. After all the years of writing and arranging (and re-arranging) at the band’s loft, I can at this time officially report that the guys have moved into a major studio where the recording process for the next album is about to begin in earnest. For the past few days the band members have been getting sonically adjusted to their new surroundings - dialing in the equipment settings and restaurant catering choices - in preparation for Danny to begin his tracking any time now – perhaps by the time that you read this!

I am also excited to announce that ‘evil’ JOE BARRESI will once again have his capable fingers at the engineering controls for what will certainly be another masterful TOOL offering by the talented team. Pinch yourself if you want, but I have been told that all systems are GO at this point for the upcoming sessions.

I will be posting periodic bits and pieces on the progress of the tracking once the guys get deeper into the recording process, and hope that all of you will keep checking back to the official website for these updates. In the meantime, be sure to also visit the individual band members’ sites and socials (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) for more inside glimpses as TOOL prepares for the next stage in their musical odyssey.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I would say early/mid 2019 at the latest. Writing is always what took them forever. If they're actually diligent the studio the whole thing could be recorded in a few weeks. But that's getting way too optimistic.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not specifically Tool-centric, but the APC show at the Arlington in SB tonight was pretty great. They have one song on the new album I'm not stoked about (you know the one if you were at the show; very pop-esque) but the rest was good stuff.

Hopefully new Tool early next year!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I got a notification that Tool was touring through my city. So i look at ticket prices and they're $500. I'm thinking, wtf...look more into it. It's just some members of tool doing a 'music lab' where they talk about composing songs and shit.

These guys are douchebags

• 1Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
Not specifically Tool-centric, but the APC show at the Arlington in SB tonight was pretty great. They have one song on the new album I'm not stoked about (you know the one if you were at the show; very pop-esque) but the rest was good stuff.

Hopefully new Tool early next year!

Was it 'So Long, and thanks for all the fish?'

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
What a deal. For $500 you too can learn how to spend the next 13 years composing a single album!

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I got a notification that Tool was touring through my city. So i look at ticket prices and they're $500. I'm thinking, wtf...look more into it. It's just some members of tool doing a 'music lab' where they talk about composing songs and shit.

These guys are douchebags

This is gonna rock!

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was it 'So Long, and thanks for all the fish?'

That'd be the one. I hadn't heard it before the show, and it was hard to pick out the specific lyrics. Just a pretty big departure from what sounds like the rest of the album.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possesed me then.

And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust." And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!" Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus.

Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on........

This is necessary.

It was daylight when you woke up in your ditch. You looked up at your sky then. That made blue be your color. You had your knife there with you too. When you stood up there was goo all over your clothes. Your hands were sticky. You wiped them on your grass, so now your color was green. Oh Lord, why did everything always have to keep changing like this. You were already getting nervous again. Your head hurt and it rang when you stood up. Your head was almost empty. It always hurt you when you woke up like this.

You crawled up out of your ditch onto your gravel road and began to walk, waiting for the rest of your mind to come back to you. You can see the car parked far down the road and you walked toward it. "If God is our Father," you thought, "then Satan must be our cousin." Why didn't anyone else understand these important things? You got to your car and tried all the doors. They were locked. It was a red car and it was new. There was an expensive leather camera case laying on the seat. Out across your field, you could see two tiny people walking by your woods. You began to walk towards them. Now red was your color and, of course, those little people out there were yours too.

• 1Jonesing
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users